How is vortex handling large mod lists? 300+? Skyrim SE

NateV8

So I just finished downloading all the mods I want to install and their needed patches. I have well over 300 mods and was about to begin when I thought maybe I should check if this is going to work or not before I put time into building a working load order.

So does anyone have a huge mod list (+300) and have a perfectly working skyrim SE? Using vortex of course

Thanks

300+ ?!! Sheesh! You've got your work cut out for you! :laugh:

I'm running 276 mods (246 plugins) and the game (SE, also) is rock solid. I've never had a game running as stable as this when managed by MO/MO2 or NMM.

If this is your first time using Vortex, though, give yourself time to learn it - there's an adjustment to how you think about how and when mods are loaded, and how conflicts are resolved.

You'll find great help right here.

300+ ?!! Sheesh! You've got your work cut out for you! :laugh:

I'm running 276 mods (246 plugins) and the game (SE, also) is rock solid. I've never had a game running as stable as this when managed by MO/MO2 or NMM.

If this is your first time using Vortex, though, give yourself time to learn it - there's an adjustment to how you think about how and when mods are loaded, and how conflicts are resolved.

You'll find great help right here.

Thanks for the reply that is good to know. I may need help as I haven't modded skyrim since oldrim with a weak computer so I couldn't run too many mods but now I have a powerful setup so I can't wait to make SE look gorgeous. I hope I don't need too much help as they keep pushing vortex as easy to use.

Any tips before I start installing?

So I just finished downloading all the mods I want to install and their needed patches. I have well over 300 mods and was about to begin when I thought maybe I should check if this is going to work or not before I put time into building a working load order.

One of the beauties of Vortex is its ability to do most of the load order heavy lifting for you. I used to spend hours agonizing over load order issues. Now, with Vortex, I spend only minutes.

I would suggest that you initially put aside load order worries. Instead, do some serious study of the Nexus Wiki for Vortex. Then go to your game. Turn on auto-sort and auto-deploy and concentrate on getting your mods installed, enabled, and deployed. Correct any problems that Vortex calls to your attention. Then load your game and see what happens. If there are issues, then pull out the Vortex tools and fix the problems. In my experience, there has been very little fixing to do.

I sincerely hope your experience with Vortex is as happy a one as mine has been.

One of the beauties of Vortex is its ability to do most of the load order heavy lifting for you. I used to spend hours agonizing over load order issues. Now, with Vortex, I spend only minutes.

I would suggest that you initially put aside load order worries. Instead, do some serious study of the Nexus Wiki for Vortex. Then go to your game. Turn on auto-sort and auto-deploy and concentrate on getting your mods installed, enabled, and deployed. Correct any problems that Vortex calls to your attention. Then load your game and see what happens. If there are issues, then pull out the Vortex tools and fix the problems. In my experience, there has been very little fixing to do.

I sincerely hope your experience with Vortex is as happy a one as mine has been.

Very well said August Calidia ..... :cool:

I am personally successfully managing a load order consisting of around 250 mods, not counting all the merged mods, just fine with Vortex. There are just a couple of things you need to be aware of.

For starters, if you have used NMM so far you may be made aware of file conflicts in your setup that were present, but you did not know about. This article explains it in more detail: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/File_Conflicts:_Nexus_Mod_Manager_vs_Vortex

The other thing to keep in mind is that with the number of mods you run, the chance is higher for things to go wrong due to engine limitations, script bloat, etc. Things that are beyond the control of Vortex.

I'm coming from mod organizer for oldrim from 4 years ago. So I don't remember much. I downloaded over 300 mods but I think once I start installing I may not install them all, also there are A LOT of textures. I will read the Vortex wiki as was suggested by calidia

Thanks for the replies so far. Nice to know people are willing to help. I literally watched the tutorials on MO2 when I saw that Vortex went to beta so I decided to try it out instead of use MO2. Way too many biased individuals told me to use MO2. I'll decide for myself.

Way too many biased individuals told me to use MO2. I'll decide for myself.

From what I've read on these Vortex forums, it seems that die-hard MO users are the least willing to actually take the time to learn how Vortex works before they make any judgments. "Vortex doesn't work", "Vortex messed up my mods", "Vortex is too difficult". It's a new, different program; if they'd approach it with an open mind and the understanding that it won't work the same as MO or NMM, maybe they'd be more successful at using Vortex to mod their games.

Glad to see someone has a mind of their own!

Way too many biased individuals told me to use MO2. I'll decide for myself.

From what I've read on these Vortex forums, it seems that die-hard MO users are the least willing to actually take the time to learn how Vortex works before they make any judgments. "Vortex doesn't work", "Vortex messed up my mods", "Vortex is too difficult". It's a new, different program; if they'd approach it with an open mind and the understanding that it won't work the same as MO or NMM, maybe they'd be more successful at using Vortex to mod their games.

Glad to see someone has a mind of their own!

That's kind of ironic considering that MO and Vortex have similarities beside having just the same author, but in certain methods handling MODS vs Plugins etc.