Export a list of mods and/or plugins?

jemacdonald

Plugin list <> Mod list. Plugin lists are easy-peasy, from Loot (with load order and index) or by simply reading plugins.txt. But since many mods don't have plugins, that is not meeting the need.

Like installation date/times, requests for mod lists fall on deaf (or indifferent) ears. I opened a feature request for it on GitHub and Tannin replied "There's an extension for that" and closed the case, making it impossible for me to ask the followup question after installing the extension: "How the hell do you use it?" since there are no obvious entry/activation/launch points for the extension, nor any local file containing a list of mods. So, despite the extension, I'm still not able to generate a mod list out of Vortex.

Vortex Extension Modlist Backup

That extension makes a list that is unreadable. We need some thing that does this: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7184666-export-a-list-of-mods-andor-plugins/&do=findComment&comment=73540683 at the push of a button and is in a readable user friendly format.

• 1 month later...

"Navigate to the mods staging folder for the game of interest"

The above means NOTHING to me because I have NO idea what the 'mods staging folder' is or where it is located.

Could someone please fill in these details? Please...

On Vortex Mods-tab, in the menu on top find "Open..." and then you click this choose "Open Mod Staging Folder" and it will open-up in File Explorer.

• 1 year later...
Currently there is no such feature in Vortex, as far as I can tell. And yes, it would be a very nice feature to have. In the meantime, if you have not already done so, you can manually accomplish this by going into each of your game profiles in the Vortex AppData folder. You can copy the load order and plugin texts found there and save them to another location.

Simple as that, you don't need to create a file because vortex already did. Just need to know the location.

Thnx for the good hint.

• 11 months later...

I find it very strange that this isn't a function in Vortex yet...

In my opinion, Vortex should have generated 4 text files pr game that it manages; #Game#_Uninstalled.txt, #Game#_Disabled.txt, #Game#_Enabled.txt and #Game#_Total.txt (with letter U-, D-, E- in front of the mod name, also including info from the Extended info tab in Vortex (Mod author, Mod ID, version, etc))

This "common user files" maybe should be "retrievable" from the Vortex UI. But the best way could be to establish a Vortex folder within "My documents" for files that users can find in handy. Vortex should just dump copies in this folder, including time-date in file name, if any changes happens in load order, or mod file date after updating mods, etc.

In Vortex we can tell much disk-space user would like to dedicate for this function. Also change folder location, etc?

Guest deleted34304850

send this in as a feedback item in vortex - see how you go? the devs are very receptive to suggestions