how to start the game with mods

starune

I'm a bit lost. I looked for a solution my self and searched the forums to no avail. I had the nexus mod manager long ago and I don't remember it being as difficult to figure out as vortex. I did what I think I am supposed to do as far as downloading and installing the mods. I set up the folders for the games and mods (maybe this is the step I need to revisit). I don't have any more errors. I go to click the play button on the upper left hand side of vortex and it gives me a steam application load error 5:0000065434. I looked the error up and I couldn't find much on it. My assumption is that I don't have the folders set up correctly.

Some extra info: I am trying to mod oblivion. I have it installed on steam. My steam games are installed on a separate hard drive than my boot OS, as well as vortex. Vortex and steam (oblivion) are installed on the same drive. The actual mods are installed in a separate folder than the steam folder, and the vortex folder as instructed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this in advance.

• 11 months later...

Are you launching Oblivion directly or going through OBSE?

I am able to launch Oblivion directly with these settings. (click the menu next to the player button on the Dashboard).

hfbqT8L.png

I have heard of this issue with FNV and Oblivion before, I believe it's something to do with the environment variables.

My advise to return to NMM is gonna be met with cheers and applause around here, surely.

Well, Jimmy, you've confirmed it. You're a masochist. :smile: But this time I will not feed your masochism because I agree with you. If OP's problem (which was posted a year ago, as HTR points out below) was Vortex related and could be solved by going back to NMM, then I would have encouraged him to do so. After all, the goal is to play games rather than to play mod manager.

I always enjoy your comments, even when I don't agree with them. I'm sorry I couldn't provide any verbal abuse today, but come again and we'll see what happens. :smile:

I wonder if OP ever got his problem taken care of?

Edited by AugustaCalidia