Website forcing Mods to download on NMM and not Vortex

cjc75

So I just downloaded and installed Vortex.

I just got and installed Skyrim Special Edition and I wanted Vortex to manage its mods instead of my old outdated NMM...

So now I'm on the nexusmods website, and I find a Mod I want to install and I click on the "Vortex" button to download via Vortex...

What happens next?

My computer opens my old NMM and downloads the mod with that, and completely ignores my Vortex that is currently already open on my screen...

I'm confused now, whats the point of having Vortex if the website is just going to keep using NMM every time I click the Vortex button?

Yes.

Already had that set up.

I also went into Settings on the NMM and unchecked "Associate with NXM URLs" but every time it gets reopened by the website, that check box is rechecked, all by itself...

Make sure you run NMM as ADMINISTRATOR, in order to uncheck that NXM box in order for it to 'stick'

You might have to set the NXM download switch a couple of times in Vortex.

I know when I was switching back and forth between Vortex and NMM for a while, I would have to set the NXM link in Vortex, click APPLY, then quit the program, restart the program, UNCHECK the NXM link, quit again, start the program AGAIN, and check the NXM link again, and close the program again.

I only had to do this because of some stupid OS glitch, but it's worth trying.

Please make sure NMM is not running.

Then, start Vortex. If Vortex is currently set to handle NXM links, it should display a notification that that is the case (if Vortex is set to handle NXM links, it will "take them back" from any other application on launch).

If Vortex is not set to handle NXM links, go to your settings as Augusta laid out.

Unchecking the setting in NMM, should not be required.

Should point out OP is incorrect in his topic title.

Website does nothing to choose what application opens .nxm files.

It is up to the user, on his computer, to tell Windows how to open file types like .nxm. Posts above tell how to accomplish that.

Nothing to do with the Nexusmods web site.

• 3 years later...

i need help, i have the oposite issue, its forcing me to downlaod with vortex which i cant stand vortex ive never been able to play a single game with mods with vortex its the worst mod manager ive ever tried and now i cant make nexus downlaod with nmm anymore, am i screwed? will i never be able to play modded games anymore unless i try using vortex again?

Guest deleted34304850

i need help, i have the oposite issue, its forcing me to downlaod with vortex which i cant stand vortex ive never been able to play a single game with mods with vortex its the worst mod manager ive ever tried and now i cant make nexus downlaod with nmm anymore, am i screwed? will i never be able to play modded games anymore unless i try using vortex again?

seriously?

if you have the opposite issue - then - do the opposite?

You'd be better off explaining your perceived problem with Vortex in a new thread. We only provide support for our official app.