Please help! The Witcher 3 won't load...

QumCuzzler

Everytime I try to start the game I get the same message :

Script Compilation Errors

Error [content0]game\gameplay\alchemy\alchemymanager.ws(196): Could not find function 'GetUnusedMutagensCount'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\alchemy\alchemymanager.ws(270): Could not find function 'RemoveUnusedMutagensCount'
Error [content0]game\npc\npc.ws(584): Could not find function 'GetPlayerMaxLevel'
Error [content0]game\npc\npc.ws(586): Could not find function 'GetPlayerMaxLevel'
Error [content0]game\npc\npc.ws(1965): Could not find function 'GetPlayerMaxLevel'
Error [content0]game\npc\npc.ws(1967): Could not find function 'GetPlayerMaxLevel'
Error [content0]game\vehicles\horse\horsecomponent.ws(189): Function 'GetCategoryDefaultItem' does not take 1 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gui\hud\modules\hudmoduleradialmenu.ws(615): Could not find function 'ShouldUseInfiniteWaterBolts'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\charactermenu.ws(253): Could not find function 'GetFirstUnusedMutagenByName'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\charactermenu.ws(708): Could not find function 'GetUnusedMutagensCount'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\charactermenu.ws(721): Could not find function 'GetUnusedMutagensCount'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\charactermenu.ws(734): Could not find function 'GetUnusedMutagensCount'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\charactermenu.ws(1093): Could not find function 'MoveMutagenToSlot'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\listbasemenu.ws(186): Could not find function 'GetUnusedMutagensCount'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\alchemymenu.ws(62): Could not find function 'GetAlchemyFilters'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\alchemymenu.ws(126): Could not find function 'SetAlchemyFilters'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\alchemymenu.ws(189): Could not find function 'AddExpandedAlchemyCategory'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\alchemymenu.ws(193): Could not find function 'RemoveExpandedAlchemyCategory'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\alchemymenu.ws(307): Could not find function 'GetExpandedAlchemyCategories'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\craftingmenu.ws(103): Could not find function 'GetCraftingFilters'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\craftingmenu.ws(170): Could not find function 'SetCraftingFilters'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\craftingmenu.ws(266): Could not find function 'AddExpandedCraftingCategory'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\craftingmenu.ws(270): Could not find function 'RemoveExpandedCraftingCategory'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\craftingmenu.ws(474): Could not find function 'GetExpandedCraftingCategories'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\glossarybestiarymenu.ws(103): Could not find function 'AddExpandedBestiaryCategory'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\glossarybestiarymenu.ws(107): Could not find function 'RemoveExpandedBestiaryCategory'
Error [content0]game\gui\menus\glossarybestiarymenu.ws(162): Could not find function 'GetExpandedBestiaryCategories'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(623): Function 'SetItemStackable' does not take 2 param(s)
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(4031): Could not find function 'RemoveUnusedMutagensCountById'
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.
I have tried Script Merger and the Unification Patch, but to no avail. Any help is appreciated, as I'm completely lost on what to do. This has never happened to me before.

• 1 year later...

I just installed several mods for TW3 using Vortex, and I'm getting the same type of errors.

When you say "the actual Mod", to what, exactly, are you referring? Where might I find it?

Your "actual" mods are in your Mod Staging Folder. Go to Vortex ---> Settings ---> Mods to see where that folder is located.

I just installed several mods for TW3 using Vortex, and I'm getting the same type of errors.

When you say "the actual Mod", to what, exactly, are you referring? Where might I find it?

Your "actual" mods are in your Mod Staging Folder. Go to Vortex ---> Settings ---> Mods to see where that folder is located.

First of all, thank you very much for the prompt response!

I have found the Vortex Mod Staging Folder, in which I see a folder labelled 'content'. In the Witcher 3 game mods folder, there is also a folder labelled 'content'.

Do I simply replace the latter with the former (copy/paste/overwrite) or do I need to replace individual files one at a time?

First of all, thank you very much for the prompt response!

I have found the Vortex Mod Staging Folder, in which I see a folder labelled 'content'. In the Witcher 3 game mods folder, there is also a folder labelled 'content'.

Do I simply replace the latter with the former (copy/paste/overwrite) or do I need to replace individual files one at a time?

NO! NEVER MANUALLY move or copy paste content from the Mod Staging Folder!!!!

You will make a complete mess of your installation.

Insead, PURGE your Witcher mods,then click on SETTINGS---->MODS, and change your Deployment method to MOVE (Experimental), that way the mods will be physically placed in the proper folder where you can merge them with the script merger tool if need be.