LAST TV SHOW (EPISODE) YOU WATCHED

Maharg67

I don't really watch TV per se.  But yesterday I did watch a nice hour-and-a-half documentary -- The Story of the Oregon Trail (the game) -- by The Gaming Historian. 

I'd already known a fair bit of the basics of the game's history and of MECC, but it was wonderful to learn more!  Especially from interviews with the actual developers -- both the original mainframe text version from 1971 and its late-70s Apple II port, and the mid-80s graphical version I grew up with on the Apple IIe's at school.

EDIT: And being from Minnesota myself, I'm rather proud the role my state and MECC played in bringing such a positive experience to so many of our lives growing up. 😁

Edited by AaronOfMpls

Just watched the first episode of Fallout the other day. Not too bad so far. Hopefully it is structured a little better than The Ones who Live was. That had potential, but fell a little short (IMO) because of how rushed it was.

Guest deleted156886133

The AutoTrader EchoPark Automotive 400 NASCAR Cup race at the Texas Motor Speedway on FS1. The mile and a half track is notorious for being tough and today was no different. The race was riddled with cautions effectively shuffling the field several times. There were 16 total and at least four of those cautions were the result of a second place car either getting loose or just running out of talent. After two overtimes, Chase Elliot takes the checkered after second place Ross Chastain loses it when he makes contact with third place Brad Keslowski, who finishes second. It was a hard fought victory for Chase Elliot as he had been aggressive the whole race after starting 9th. So, good for him.

• 1 month later...

Stranger Things : The Upside Down  Season 1 Episode 8.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one more season of STRANGER THINGS to watch this weekend.  After the ending in the last episode of season three I don't know what to expect from Season 4.

On 4/12/2024 at 11:04 PM, AaronOfMpls said:

I don't really watch TV per se.  But yesterday I did watch a nice hour-and-a-half documentary -- The Story of the Oregon Trail (the game) -- by The Gaming Historian. 

I'd already known a fair bit of the basics of the game's history and of MECC, but it was wonderful to learn more!  Especially from interviews with the actual developers -- both the original mainframe text version from 1971 and its late-70s Apple II port, and the mid-80s graphical version I grew up with on the Apple IIe's at school.

EDIT: And being from Minnesota myself, I'm rather proud the role my state and MECC played in bringing such a positive experience to so many of our lives growing up. 😁

A cousin of mine who graduated in 1978 from Waubun High School, (about 25 miles north of Detroit Lakes, 50 or so miles NE of Fargo) went on to UM-Morris to study computer science, and ended up working for MECC out of college. I asked if he had any input on The Oregon Trail, which he did not, but his fiancé (later wife) did help test it. He later ended up as a managing engineer for Adobe and contributed to the development of Photoshop. Not bad for a kid from a tiny farm town in the middle of nowhere Minnesota. Took a fair bit of foresight to enter that field when he did.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest deleted156886133

Beavis & Butthead: Season 2, Episodes 11 & 12

Uhhhh... Uh huh huh. Watching them is like a guilty pleasure... or something. Uh huh huh... I said pleasure.

• 3 weeks later...

We're watching Star Trek The Next Generation on vid... I hope it still counts. I don't watch TV.

I have to admit I watch TNG in the hope that something will take out Picard, Data, Crusher and Riker... but no, they always survive to the next episode... 😢