Vortex 1.0 Release

BigBizkit

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for all they work the entire Vortex team put into achieving this initial release. Vortex may very well go down in history as the single biggest contribution ever made to the game modding community. Simply Awesome!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why there needs to be an argument over manual load order sorting, it's a simple feature why not just add it for those that want it, make it an option we can activate in the settings if you dont want it on by default

and dont give me that "new way of thinking" or "accept change", neither of those are an acceptable excuse to ignore a not insignificant portion of your user base

Dunno what to say i still prefer NMM & LOOT. Vortex do not resond to my needs. For example: If i reinstall Skyrim SE Vortex doesnt accept mods i already have on my pc and force me to search and reinstall my favorite mods list all over again. This mean a lot of time im not willing to invest and thats why NMM & LOOT are my tools of choice.

Of course Vortex doesn't find the mods you already have installed with a different mod manager.

There's no Mod Manager out there that will do that, so your strike against Vortex for not detecting mods installed with a different mod manager are quite unfair.

Guest deleted34304850

I don't understand why there needs to be an argument over manual load order sorting, it's a simple feature why not just add it for those that want it, make it an option we can activate in the settings if you dont want it on by default

and dont give me that "new way of thinking" or "accept change", neither of those are an acceptable excuse to ignore a not insignificant portion of your user base

don't need to add something that's already there. that would be silly. like those people crying for it.

Another Argumentum ad Populum.

I too don't understand why there needs to be an argument about manual load order sorting, if you'd take the time to learn how to set rules in Vortex, or just drag and drop one plugin before or after another, you'd see how easy and quick it is.

People are just arguing FOR Manual Load Order Sorting just "Because"

Personally I don't understand why people want to keep an outdated and archaic way of doing your load order, when manual sorting allows you to mess it up fabulously.

In response to post #72260498. #72304623 is also a reply to the same post.

HadToRegister wrote:

I too don't understand why there needs to be an argument about manual load order sorting, if you'd take the time to learn how to set rules in Vortex, or just drag and drop one plugin before or after another, you'd see how easy and quick it is.

Personally I don't understand why people want to keep an outdated and archaic way of doing your load order, when manual sorting allows you to mess it up fabulously.

Dark0ne wrote:
Even the LOOT devs recommend AGAINST using the system the way Vortex does

I'd be interested in knowing the source of this, and where it is. Please can you provide it?

I don't understand why there needs to be an argument over it either.
For me, it's quite simple; I don't use Vortex, and I never will. I'm still sticking with the tried and true... I install with Wrye Bash, do an initial pass with LOOT, and then tweak manually in Wrye Bash... wonderful, simple and intuitive. In all the years I've used it, Wrye Mash/Bash/Smash/Flash has never failed me.
Even the LOOT devs recommend AGAINST using the system the way Vortex does. LOOT should be regarded like a spelling, or grammar, checker.. It's great for a first pass to fix the most egregious problems, but it STILL needs a human hand..... One that has actually learnt how to build a load order, rather than relying on automation.
I've actually tried Vortex a couple of times now (and having modded Beth games since Morrowind, I KNOW what I'm doing by this point).... Just, no thanks.
No doubt Vortex is great for some people, but I'm not one of them. I want full control over the install process, and that includes being able to easily drag and drop mods.

Do note, I am neither "crying" nor "arguing" here. I don't care if people want to use Vortex, their game, their problem. I simply have no plans to use it personally, and I'm glad we have the choice. Edited by Sonja

In response to post #72260498. #72302373 is also a reply to the same post.

HadToRegister wrote:

Sonja wrote: I don't understand why there needs to be an argument over it either.
For me, it's quite simple; I don't use Vortex, and I never will. I'm still sticking with the tried and true... I install with Wrye Bash, do an initial pass with LOOT, and then tweak manually in Wrye Bash... wonderful, simple and intuitive. In all the years I've used it, Wrye Mash/Bash/Smash/Flash has never failed me.
Even the LOOT devs recommend AGAINST using the system the way Vortex does. LOOT should be regarded like a spelling, or grammar, checker.. It's great for a first pass to fix the most egregious problems, but it STILL needs a human hand..... One that has actually learnt how to build a load order, rather than relying on automation.
I've actually tried Vortex a couple of times now (and having modded Beth games since Morrowind, I KNOW what I'm doing by this point).... Just, no thanks.
No doubt Vortex is great for some people, but I'm not one of them. I want full control over the install process, and that includes being able to easily drag and drop mods.

I'd be interested in knowing the source of this, and where it is. Please can you provide it?

In response to post #72260498. #72302373, #72304623, #72304753 are all replies on the same post.

HadToRegister wrote:

Sonja wrote: I don't understand why there needs to be an argument over it either.

Do note, I am neither "crying" nor "arguing" here. I don't care if people want to use Vortex, their game, their problem. I simply have no plans to use it personally, and I'm glad we have the choice.
Dark0ne wrote:

Dark0ne wrote: Ah, so you didn't read it from a LOOT dev, but instead you heard it from someone else saying that a LOOT dev had said it?

Sigh.

I'd actually prefer not to. Suffice to say, it was highly credible source, and I'm inclined to believe it.
I realise that doesn't exactly back up my "case," but that's OK, because I'm not really trying to make one. Edited by Sonja

In response to post #72260498. #72302373, #72304623, #72304688 are all replies on the same post.

HadToRegister wrote:

Do note, I am neither "crying" nor "arguing" here. I don't care if people want to use Vortex, their game, their problem. I simply have no plans to use it personally, and I'm glad we have the choice.
Dark0ne wrote:

Sonja wrote: I'd actually prefer not to. Suffice to say, it was highly credible source, and I'm inclined to believe it.

Ah, so you didn't read it from a LOOT dev, but instead you heard it from someone else saying that a LOOT dev had said it?

Sigh.

In response to post #72260498. #72302373, #72304623, #72304688, #72304753 are all replies on the same post.

HadToRegister wrote:

Dark0ne wrote:

Sonja wrote: I'd actually prefer not to. Suffice to say, it was highly credible source, and I'm inclined to believe it.
I realise that doesn't exactly back up my "case," but that's OK, because I'm not really trying to make one.
Dark0ne wrote: Ah, so you didn't read it from a LOOT dev, but instead you heard it from someone else saying that a LOOT dev had said it?

Sigh.

As I said, I'm well aware I'm not backing myself up here. And trust me, in a wholly different context I've been known to practically skin people alive for not using adequate referencing. In this situation, however, I have my reasons. *shrug*