Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

In response to post #73851953. #73858693, #73859638, #73860688 are all replies on the same post.

mindkiller316 wrote: Where as everything had intuitive links at the top and bottom of every page. I now have to expend more time and effort clicking and navigating through menus just to find where I need to go. This is a major drawback to the site redesign. I'm yet to even find where mods of the month are.
Zaldiir wrote: Click "Mods", then it's the large button with the image of a trophy on it.
mindkiller316 wrote: When I click the three horizonal line menu button in the top left and navigate to "Mods" I only get... Browse all, New, Trending, Most endorsed, Mod categories, Recent activity, Tracked mods, My mods, Mod rewards, and Download history. Clicking on everyone of these takes me to a separate page.
Zaldiir wrote: Sounds like you're on the main page, and not a game-specific one.

Since all games have different "Mods of the Month", you have to be on the game-specific page to find that button. Also, are you on mobile? On desktop (with no more zoom than 150%) you should not have the burger menu (three horizontal lines) unless your browser window is very small.

I see it now. I'm on Desktop, 80% zoom, and a very small window. My monitor/TV is a bigscreen and I'm right up on it. Yeah, it looks like I gotta do some adjusting for it to pop up. Thanks for the help!

Also, I hope my original post doesn't come off as cold and callous. The time and effort put forth to redesign the site is quite the undertaking. I can imagine how trying it must be to hear people spout off negative comments about it. For me, I feel like I have to make bigger mouse movements and click more just to get to where I'm going. So that's my constructive feedback.

I am curious, is the ultimate goal of the redesign to bring the Website and Vortex on par with each other? It's been a while since I've last used Vortex but the site redesign reminds me of the interface. I can see how having a similar experience between the two would be very beneficial to the overall end user, familiarity and all.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been here since the days of Tessource. This is by far the worst UI the site's ever had. Can't even find my download history or browse the top files per category anymore.

I've never seen the top files per category, but the download history is literally in the same relative space: Mods tab > Download History, under the My Mods subheading. Not exactly hidden.

Hey guys, I've been working all day on a new mod's description page but haven't published anything yet because I still need to make some changes and upload some files - so my mod is still hidden.

But how the hell do you access a hidden mod from your profile (or from anywhere else in the new UI for that matter)?!..

What's even worse, half my mods don't appear in my profile any longer!.. (Chrome and Firefox). That may be a momentary glitch if you're working on the UI - but please, pretty please, can anyone tell me how to access my damn fracking hidden new mod?

Thanks!

PS. By the way, your new navigation bar up there does not respond AT ALL from this page (it does from the main page though) - but shouldn't it respond anywhere on the website?..

Edited by Hoamaii

Hoping the notifications not being registered as read when click on them in the bell icon menu is part of these "performance issues", having to manually click the mark all as read in the new UI, have been quite annoying the last while