A tiny suggestion for load order rules

osoerk

I think the symbols "→" and "←" are more intuitive than the words "before" and "after", respectively.

Or better, just using "→" and reversing the left and right elements, if needed.

"<" and ">" are also ok, because it indicates which one "wins"(overwrites) intuitively.

One man's intuitive is another mans confusion.

As it is, I am opposed to almost all "International" signage. I find it incomprehensible.

I just barely got used to the Men vs Women signs on restrooms.

I don't care what symbols Vortex uses as long as they keep the words. I like words. Latin would be OK.

You could also say "under write" or "over write". But "before" and "after" have been common TES/FO modding terms as long as I can remember.

I think the symbols "→" and "←" are more intuitive than the words "before" and "after", respectively.

"<" and ">" are also ok, because it indicates which one "wins"(overwrites) intuitively.

Perhaps different OPTIONS the user can pick under SETTINGS, that have been suggested in this thread.

I find "Load Before" and "Load After" makes perfect sense to me as a visual person and I can picture the Load Order with the Mods in a stack using Load Before and Load After.

But the Arrow Thing and < and > totally confuses me

Use Vortex feedback (the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of the Vortex screen) to submit suggestions to the developers. That way your suggestions will definitely get noticed.

Ok, got it.

Vortex shows load order with directed graph(with arrows), so I thought it would be more consistent and intuitive to use arrow or order-theoretic notation but it seems I'm the minority one.

Use Vortex feedback (the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of the Vortex screen) to submit suggestions to the developers. That way your suggestions will definitely get noticed.

Ok, got it.

Vortex shows load order with directed graph(with arrows), so I thought it would be more consistent and intuitive to use arrow or order-theoretic notation but it seems I'm the minority one.

And I suggested that your suggestions along with LOAD BEFORE or LOAD AFTER could be OPTIONS set by the individual under SETTINGS.

That way, everybody has their preferred way.

Hmm, would A → B, A > B and "load A before B" mean the same?

If yes, the problem here is that the actual "winner" is mod B, since it's mod B's files that actually "wins" any conflicts and is used in the game, despite this is counter to the order indicated by

Hmm, would A → B, A > B and "load A before B" mean the same?

If yes, the problem here is that the actual "winner" is mod B, since it's mod B's files that actually "wins" any conflicts and is used in the game, despite this is counter to the order indicated by →

This is why I find the symbols confusing as opposed to the text, because the text flat out SAYS what it's doing.

LOAD BEFORE, and LOAD AFTER, I have a feeling that if they were changed to arrows or < and > people would start asking if < or > means Load Before, or Load After, just like some people in school get confused by "Greater than" and "Less than" symbols

However, I believe that things should be optional, because other people find < > and left and right arrows more intuitive, so, again, how about options for all?