The shaming of non-premium users needs to stop!

I'm perfectly happy seeing banners all over advertising premium, and I don't care about the capped download speed. However, the additional slow/fast confirmation page on download is getting to be really annoying, especially with the awful website speed over the past few weeks requiring us to wait up to 10 seconds for each request.

I can't speak for anyone else, so perhaps the strategy actually works, but personally I'm no more likely to buy premium because you start trying to frustrate me into it.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still really wish Dar One would say something about this, especially since he's been pretty open about stuff like this in the past, but not a single word about this before or after feels like a slap in the face to a user base I thought he respected

i

o_O You have used Mega exactly 0 times. Why not try it out before commenting on it. :wink:

Actually I think he has. As have I. It's definitely NOT a legitimate means for distributing files and is going to be 10 times more annoying than anything Nexus is currently doing. Every download I've ever seen there has at least a 30 second timer on it unless you pay for premium. No way in hell I'd ever provide them enough information to drain my bank accounts with.

Fact: https://imgur.com/a/C21dxeV

Now I am awaiting your fact.

Your "fact" is unverifiable. Like I'm supposed to believe that pixelated mess was you downloading something? Especially when it doesn't jive with what I've seen with my own two eyes? You people are so desperate to cast Nexus as the evil bad guy here but you're bending over backward to shill for one of the most evil internet sites there is?

can confirm that he is correct. mega requires no silly things, and it downloads much faster, for free, than Nexus.

sorry mate. you are lying to yourself and everyone here.

Nope, but keep telling yourself whatever fits your agenda if that's what you want.

I'm perfectly happy seeing banners all over advertising premium, and I don't care about the capped download speed. However, the additional slow/fast confirmation page on download is getting to be really annoying, especially with the awful website speed over the past few weeks requiring us to wait up to 10 seconds for each request.

I can't speak for anyone else, so perhaps the strategy actually works, but personally I'm no more likely to buy premium because you start trying to frustrate me into it.

Actually, I can tell you that, if anything, I'm just that much more unlikely to provide any support to the site.

The question I want to see answered is this: what would have made 'you' pay for Nexus Premium? In other words, what features or benefits could Premium have included that would have made it a worthwhile purchase?

The feature where it's free of course. Or does anyone actually think any of these people would support the site in any way?

I seriously doubt any of them would, but I'd be interested in knowing what they'd supposedly need before they paid for a sub or got lifetime.

I seriously doubt any of them would, but I'd be interested in knowing what they'd supposedly need before they paid for a sub or got lifetime.

I mean, I grabbed Lifetime Premium because I simply wanted to support Nexus Mods - I rarely download mods from here.

I mean, I grabbed Lifetime Premium because I simply wanted to support Nexus Mods

Same here. The mods available here and the gaming enjoyment they've brought me far exceed in value what I paid for Lifetime Premium.