Important Security Notice

BigBizkit

In response to post #75919248. #75936883 is also a reply to the same post.

InsaneArtistOG wrote: Hey thanks for the vague notification a month and a half later. Could of sent an email out or something. My gmail was compromised in the meantime. Keep it classy, Nexus.
fcterryb wrote: How would it be compromised or are you one those who think they can use the same "easy to remember" passwords for everything?

The worst I have seen and its from the earlier breech years ago is scam emails trying to convince me they have access to the non existent camera on my PC demanding I pay them not to "share" the alleged video they collected with those on my contacts list.

Since my PC never had a camera and I never did what they claim is in the video on top of using a password not used in nearly a decade as their proof I just forward those to the government email for investigating such criminal activities.

In the US that is [email protected] (forward phishing emails) other countries will have something similar.

Bad security practices on your part is why your gmail account was compromised. This isn't Nexus' fault.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #75919248. #75936883, #75965763 are all replies on the same post.

InsaneArtistOG wrote: Hey thanks for the vague notification a month and a half later. Could of sent an email out or something. My gmail was compromised in the meantime. Keep it classy, Nexus.
fcterryb wrote: How would it be compromised or are you one those who think they can use the same "easy to remember" passwords for everything?

The worst I have seen and its from the earlier breech years ago is scam emails trying to convince me they have access to the non existent camera on my PC demanding I pay them not to "share" the alleged video they collected with those on my contacts list.

Since my PC never had a camera and I never did what they claim is in the video on top of using a password not used in nearly a decade as their proof I just forward those to the government email for investigating such criminal activities.

In the US that is [email protected] (forward phishing emails) other countries will have something similar.
Arthmoor wrote: Bad security practices on your part is why your gmail account was compromised. This isn't Nexus' fault.

totally uncalled for. if you want to be safe unplug and go outside and color. You get online at your risk. I'm just happy they didn't force us to change our passwords. They asked us too.

gmail sucks just fyi...Semper fi

In response to post #75919248. #75936883, #75965763, #75972648 are all replies on the same post.

Arthmoor wrote: Bad security practices on your part is why your gmail account was compromised. This isn't Nexus' fault.
maplesmac wrote: totally uncalled for. if you want to be safe unplug and go outside and color. You get online at your risk. I'm just happy they didn't force us to change our passwords. They asked us too.

gmail sucks just fyi...Semper fi

Lol /JustBootThings

In response to post #75947618. #75954008 is also a reply to the same post.

TheMountainLady wrote: Currently, there is someone signed into my account with me who I do not know, it happened about six days ago, at least that's when i got the email my password had been changed. I have no idea why they would want to be in my account it as I've only ever used the account for downloading mods, but I've literally messed up every chance to get them out of my account. my account is an older account. could this be related
SnowFox35 wrote: What's your main account?

Yeah, that happened to me too, any idea on how to proceed in this situation?
What steps do I take now? Is there anything I can do besides changing my password?
I am really inexperienced in these matters, so help would be much appreciated :)

In response to post #75893178. #75902933, #75903903, #75935188 are all replies on the same post.

NexusLord10 wrote: Seriously all the people complaining about the fact that Nexus's security must be really bad for this to happen need to get a grip on reality. There is NO SUCH THING as a fully secure site. When you realise that even the worlds greatest nations top Government and Military computers get hacked on a daily basis you might come to understand that hackers will always find a way in. Its just a game to these people and they play to win.
If you don't want personal info to be abused then don't put it online in the first place. I have been playing online games for years and have been a member of hundreds of sites since I got my first computer almost 20 years ago and I will tell you here and now that NOBODY knows my real name or where I live because it does not exist online. Create a fake online personality with its own email and use that for everything and you will never have to worry.
JOHNMCFIELD wrote: Calm down, first take off the nexus cock from your own mouth. Nobody is bitching about nexus not having a military grade protection system, we are just very concerned about the fact that they security having the strenght of a wet cardboard.
Ethreon wrote: No, everyone is bitching at a data breach that happens pretty much all the damn time with any website and most don't even tell you unless it's a huge breach.
axonis wrote:
There is NO SUCH THING as a fully secure site.

NexusLord10

What's your point, axonis?

In response to post #75947618. #75954008, #75980143 are all replies on the same post.

TheMountainLady wrote: Currently, there is someone signed into my account with me who I do not know, it happened about six days ago, at least that's when i got the email my password had been changed. I have no idea why they would want to be in my account it as I've only ever used the account for downloading mods, but I've literally messed up every chance to get them out of my account. my account is an older account. could this be related
mangotan wrote: Yeah, that happened to me too, any idea on how to proceed in this situation?
What steps do I take now? Is there anything I can do besides changing my password?
I am really inexperienced in these matters, so help would be much appreciated :)

I would contact the staff and ask for your main account to be locked down before any damages are done. Or try contacting the staff to ask them directly on what could be done.

In response to post #75947618. #75954008, #75980143, #75983023 are all replies on the same post.

mangotan wrote: Yeah, that happened to me too, any idea on how to proceed in this situation?
SnowFox35 wrote: I would contact the staff and ask for your main account to be locked down before any damages are done. Or try contacting the staff to ask them directly on what could be done.

Okay thanks, I'll try contacting the staff!