What's new with Vortex? - 1.2.14 Update

BigBizkit

In response to post #81855998. #81865038, #81866938, #81881893, #81942063 are all replies on the same post.

lavigilia wrote: Windows 10 is giving that "This app can't run on your PC" since the last update. Never happend before. I'm already tried disabling the smartscreen option and cleaning the register.
Any ideas?

Thanks
KaptnBlack wrote: Same problem here. Don't know what to do.
BigBizkit wrote: This might be down to an issue with smartscreen which we are currently investigating. Thanks for the report!
lavigilia wrote: Thank you! please, let me know if there is anything I can do to help
Rork79 wrote: Any idea what to do with this issue?

I've tried a couple of things that found on the web but still nothing. Neither disabling SmartScreen, UAC, Defender or cleaning Windows 10 registry has done anything.
I can confirm thou this was right after the 1.2.14 update. I'm avoiding a new install from the archive "Vortex (custom install location)", do not want to risk to lose almost 1100 active mods. It would be painful.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #81937283. #81937828, #81941693 are all replies on the same post.

silent141 wrote: Was playing a bit of fallout 4..then game crashed..and my vortex app just disappeared..like it uninstalled itself..kinda weird..
Thankfully was able to load back save files after re-downloading the app..

been using nmm then vortex..never had any problem with vortex until this incident..kinda weird me out..
Pickysaurus wrote: There seems to have been a bunch of cases of Anti-virus apps randomly deleting parts of Vortex lately. Which AV programs do you use?
silent141 wrote: I'm not using any..just the default windows defender..

silent141
I'm not using any..just the default windows defender..

Windows Defender is one of the worst ones to use with Vortex.
Go into the Windows Defender settings and turn off "Controlled Folder Access" and reinstall Vortex.

In response to post #81855998. #81865038, #81866938, #81881893, #81942063, #81944553 are all replies on the same post.

lavigilia wrote: Windows 10 is giving that "This app can't run on your PC" since the last update. Never happend before. I'm already tried disabling the smartscreen option and cleaning the register.
Any ideas?

Thanks
BigBizkit wrote: This might be down to an issue with smartscreen which we are currently investigating. Thanks for the report!
lavigilia wrote: Thank you! please, let me know if there is anything I can do to help
lavigilia wrote: I've tried a couple of things that found on the web but still nothing. Neither disabling SmartScreen, UAC, Defender or cleaning Windows 10 registry has done anything.
I can confirm thou this was right after the 1.2.14 update. I'm avoiding a new install from the archive "Vortex (custom install location)", do not want to risk to lose almost 1100 active mods. It would be painful.

I'm looking for solution but with any results! For me Vortex completely disappeared from list of uninstall program too? So right now how can i safely reinstall Vortex? Edited by Rork79

In response to post #81932593. #81933703 is also a reply to the same post.

SkullRott wrote: SK64 script extender still doesn't work...….
BigBizkit wrote: I can confirm that it does. How did you go about installing it?

Followed the new Vortex instructions. I've tried installing it in past and now using Vortex I get the same results. I click on script extender launch button on dashboard and get a message about the executable not being found.

In response to post #81932593. #81933703, #81947853 are all replies on the same post.

BigBizkit wrote: I can confirm that it does. How did you go about installing it?
SkullRott wrote: Followed the new Vortex instructions. I've tried installing it in past and now using Vortex I get the same results. I click on script extender launch button on dashboard and get a message about the executable not being found.

SkullRott
Followed the new Vortex instructions. I've tried installing it in past and now using Vortex I get the same results. I click on script extender launch button on dashboard and get a message about the executable not being found.

If vortex is complaining about not being able to find the script extender exe, then you have it installed incorrectly, Vortex ALWAYS looks for the Script Extender exe in the Root game directory, where the skyrim.exe, or fallout4.exe etc is.
If you have a folder in your game root directory that's named something like this "skse64_2_00_07" etc, then it's not installed correctly.
Just follow the installation instructions included inside the SKSE64.7z file.

SKSE install

[ Installation ]

1. Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Skyrim SE directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\. If you see files named SkyrimSE and SkyrimSELauncher, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.

2. Copy the .pex files in Data\Scripts\ into the Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of SKSE.

In response to post #81855998. #81865038, #81866938, #81881893, #81942063, #81944553, #81946498 are all replies on the same post.

Any ideas?

Thanks
lavigilia wrote: I've tried a couple of things that found on the web but still nothing. Neither disabling SmartScreen, UAC, Defender or cleaning Windows 10 registry has done anything.
Rork79 wrote: I'm looking for solution but with any results! For me Vortex completely disappeared from list of uninstall program too? So right now how can i safely reinstall Vortex?

Rork79
I'm looking for solution but with any results! For me Vortex completely disappeared from list of uninstall program too? So right now how can safely reinstall Vortex?

Just install Vortex again, and if you're using Windows Defender, turn off "Controlled Folder Access, and/or disable any antivirus before reinstalling.
Vortex doesn't disappear on it's own, something on your system is removing it, like an overzealous AV program.

In response to post #81937283. #81937828, #81941693, #81944628 are all replies on the same post.

silent141 wrote: Was playing a bit of fallout 4..then game crashed..and my vortex app just disappeared..like it uninstalled itself..kinda weird..
Thankfully was able to load back save files after re-downloading the app..

been using nmm then vortex..never had any problem with vortex until this incident..kinda weird me out..
Pickysaurus wrote: There seems to have been a bunch of cases of Anti-virus apps randomly deleting parts of Vortex lately. Which AV programs do you use?
silent141 wrote: I'm not using any..just the default windows defender..
HadToRegister wrote:
silent141
I'm not using any..just the default windows defender..

Windows Defender is one of the worst ones to use with Vortex.
Go into the Windows Defender settings and turn off "Controlled Folder Access" and reinstall Vortex.

Hmm..just checked mine is off..
Welp i guess is fine..as long nothing happens in the future.. :)

In response to post #81857318. #81863108, #81867998 are all replies on the same post.

vevesumi wrote: its refusing to log me in at all its infuriating. the api key keeps timing out as well.
i decided trying to uninstall and reinstall vortex. now i cant download it at all. welp thanks i guess.
Pickysaurus wrote: Sounds like something on your PC is blocking Vortex from accessing the internet. Check your security apps.
vevesumi wrote: good news. it installed and actually logged me in when disabling malwarebytes. lets hope i stay logged in!

and again it wont let me log in. this is infuriating.

In response to post #81932593. #81933703, #81947853, #81950163 are all replies on the same post.

SkullRott wrote: Followed the new Vortex instructions. I've tried installing it in past and now using Vortex I get the same results. I click on script extender launch button on dashboard and get a message about the executable not being found.
HadToRegister wrote:
SkullRott

If vortex is complaining about not being able to find the script extender exe, then you have it installed incorrectly, Vortex ALWAYS looks for the Script Extender exe in the Root game directory, where the skyrim.exe, or fallout4.exe etc is.
If you have a folder in your game root directory that's named something like this "skse64_2_00_07" etc, then it's not installed correctly.
Just follow the installation instructions included inside the SKSE64.7z file.

SKSE install

[ Installation ]

1. Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Skyrim SE directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\. If you see files named SkyrimSE and SkyrimSELauncher, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.

2. Copy the .pex files in Data\Scripts\ into the Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of SKSE.

It's also possible your dashboard shortcut is misconfigured.

In response to post #81855998. #81865038, #81866938, #81881893, #81942063, #81944553, #81946498, #81950268 are all replies on the same post.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rork79 wrote: I'm looking for solution but with any results! For me Vortex completely disappeared from list of uninstall program too? So right now how can i safely reinstall Vortex?
HadToRegister wrote:
Rork79
I'm looking for solution but with any results! For me Vortex completely disappeared from list of uninstall program too? So right now how can safely reinstall Vortex?

Just install Vortex again, and if you're using Windows Defender, turn off "Controlled Folder Access, and/or disable any antivirus before reinstalling.
Vortex doesn't disappear on it's own, something on your system is removing it, like an overzealous AV program.

It works for me, thx for good advise.