What's new with Vortex? - 1.2.14 Update

BigBizkit

In response to post #81892363.

Aladdinsane64 wrote: Just want to add my two cents - As a modding noob I have found Vortex to be awesome! I really appreciate all the time the Vortex team has put into developing this platform. I will never be able to go back to vanilla Skyrim after discovering the world of mods now, and the more I learn about modding, the more I can appreciate the functionality of Vortex. Thank you team!

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #81888288.

scormern wrote: I've been having trouble with Vortex; it won't start. I keep getting an error every time it tries to update that says something about parameter incorrect. This all started after an update, I don't know which one. I tried re-downloading it because that's what the vortex support said to do, same error. I got it to work somehow after restarting my computer and everything was fine until now and now I'm back to square one. I'm not restarting my computer every time this happens. Googling it gets me nowhere, no one mentions anything about parameters being incorrect, all I ever see is people having problems with a mod not deploying or something.
Please help me.

Can you create a post in the support forum about this? This comments section isn't really suitable to help you with that issue. It sounds like some kind of anti-virus silliness based on what you've said.

In response to post #81882358.

raybo01 wrote: I think all of you Community Manager’s and Vortex Developers have done a great job and have always been most helpful, patient, and educational in your communications.
I am almost afraid to mention or suggest something as I do not want it to be taken as criticism, but I will try to do good here. I know I am not the most technical when it comes to things like this.
If you-all could at some point find time to give groups/groups management some more love, I know I would appreciate it. I am selfish here, FO4 needs some improvement to the Groups management system/
My suggestions would be:
1. To allow things like renaming of Groups without having to delete them.
2. To put them into a list format and allow users to drag and drop the groups. Like how we used to be able to drag and drop mods.
a. Have that list match the dropdown list.
b. Have a box for each group that would allow you to disable all the mods in that group.
3. Give us the ability to rename or hide the “stock vortex groups.”

I think I do understand the Group Management System. :) I even did a video on it about a year ago to help other users on the SimSettlement forums:
so hopefully I am not making a fool out of myself here?

The current management system just really needs some intelligent redesign, even if it does not have any of my suggestions or wishlist.
Please. :)

oh, hahaha. BTY - Thank you so much for all the BannorLords support!

Hey raybo,

Thanks for the suggestions. So these don't get lost, can you please send them as feedback through Vortex itself?

Use the 3 dots menu in the top right and select "Send Feedback".

In response to post #81870453.

Castrolias wrote: Is there a possible fix incoming for the 'no deployment method available' issue? The folder (witcher3) is on the same drive as the game and used to work fine with 1.2.12 and older. Vortex also seems to auto-update even though I have 'no automatic updates' turned on in settings.
Tried a clean install and deleting all mods but so far nothing has helped.

I've replied to you on the Support forum.

In response to post #81882358. #81894338 is also a reply to the same post.

raybo01 wrote: I think all of you Community Manager’s and Vortex Developers have done a great job and have always been most helpful, patient, and educational in your communications.
I am almost afraid to mention or suggest something as I do not want it to be taken as criticism, but I will try to do good here. I know I am not the most technical when it comes to things like this.
If you-all could at some point find time to give groups/groups management some more love, I know I would appreciate it. I am selfish here, FO4 needs some improvement to the Groups management system/
My suggestions would be:
1. To allow things like renaming of Groups without having to delete them.
2. To put them into a list format and allow users to drag and drop the groups. Like how we used to be able to drag and drop mods.
a. Have that list match the dropdown list.
b. Have a box for each group that would allow you to disable all the mods in that group.
3. Give us the ability to rename or hide the “stock vortex groups.”

I think I do understand the Group Management System. :) I even did a video on it about a year ago to help other users on the SimSettlement forums:
so hopefully I am not making a fool out of myself here?

The current management system just really needs some intelligent redesign, even if it does not have any of my suggestions or wishlist.
Please. :)

oh, hahaha. BTY - Thank you so much for all the BannorLords support!
Pickysaurus wrote: Hey raybo,

Thanks for the suggestions. So these don't get lost, can you please send them as feedback through Vortex itself?

Use the 3 dots menu in the top right and select "Send Feedback".

Hey raybo, thanks so much for the kind words - it's truly appreciated! :)

As for groups: I think that's great feedback that we'll consider for the redesign of Vortex, which is on the agenda, but will likely take a while.

In response to post #81870453. #81894383 is also a reply to the same post.

Castrolias wrote: Is there a possible fix incoming for the 'no deployment method available' issue? The folder (witcher3) is on the same drive as the game and used to work fine with 1.2.12 and older. Vortex also seems to auto-update even though I have 'no automatic updates' turned on in settings.
Tried a clean install and deleting all mods but so far nothing has helped.
Pickysaurus wrote: I've replied to you on the Support forum.

This might be down to a permission issue on your system, and the fact that we introduced support for menu mods: If your My Documents folder is not on the same drive as the game and the staging folder, then hardlink deployment is not an option and you will need to use symlinks. Now for most users that wouldn't be an issue (as the script merger now supports that, too), but if due to your system setup you do not have the necessary permissions to use symlinks, then you will be left without deployment method.

Could you please send in a report and attach your log so we can check?

In response to post #81861268. #81861513, #81863428, #81866323, #81867173, #81871478, #81887973, #81891508, #81891543 are all replies on the same post.

Shadowstag wrote: I have been using NMM for a very long time. Vortex is easy to use when it comes to downloading, installing and adding mods. However, when it comes to the management of mods Vortex severely lacks the functionality that NMM had. I used Vortex for a fresh install of SSE and had nothing but mod management problems that I never had before with NMM while using the same mods! The constant rinse and repeat of the deployment and rewrite process, coupled with false reporting of 'redundant' mods is a persistent pain in the arse. Being stuck with this is not a great feeling especially when you consider the volume of mods many of us have.
kormarch28 wrote: I agree 100% with everything you said. Plus when it updates it always breaks something. I looked everywhere for a way to disable auto updates for Vortex itself and could not find it, that is honestly unacceptable. Even after it asked me about the update, it still forced it. If the manager isn't broken for someone and/or they don't need the update, there is no reason to force updates. It deleted the desktop shortcut, it disabled every single mod in my load order, and when I re-enabled them it auto sorted a lot of them wrong and broke the load order therefore breaking the mods in game. Also, stop warning me after using bodyslide or converting to ESL's in F04/SSEdit that an outside source changed mods and forcing a "Deployment" for no reason. Then, to top it off it kept telling me that f4se_0_06_21 isn't the most recent, definitely is, and wouldn't launch through Vortex. Maybe that could have been a one off incident, but really? I don't want to keep using NMM, I really don't, I want to use Vortex, but the app simply has too much control over everything and it has been out long enough these kinds of things shouldn't be happening.
Pickysaurus wrote: Ok, let's dig into this. Apologies if I miss anything.
However, when it comes to the management of mods Vortex severely lacks the functionality that NMM had.

Could you elaborate on features you say Vortex is lacking? You go on to talk about features Vortex has that NMM lacks.
The constant rinse and repeat of the deployment and rewrite process

You can turn off automatic deployment in Settings -> Interface
[...] false reporting of 'redundant' mods is a persistent pain in the arse.

Vortex does not falsely report this. either you have a mod installed that contains no files or (more likely) you have a mod install that is entirely overwritten by as a result of what you chose in "File Conflicts". If you disable the ones marked redundant, it should actually have no impact on the game (because those mods were not loading any files).

Now, kormarch28...
Plus when it updates it always breaks something

I'm sorry if you encountered bugs after updating. If you're opted into the "testing" branch in Settings -> Vortex, I would suggest switching back to stable. The test branch (as the name implies) is the bleeding edge of new features. We only mark a build stable when we are confident it's a stable build. Vortex will always try and stay up to date as we drop support for older versions (as they contain bugs we've already fixed). You can turn this off in Settings -> Vortex -> Update.
It deleted the desktop shortcut, it disabled every single mod in my load order, and when I re-enabled them it auto sorted a lot of them wrong and broke the load order therefore breaking the mods in game.

It is very unlikely a Vortex update caused this, your plugins.txt file is managed by your game and is not changed when updating Vortex.
Also, stop warning me after using bodyslide or converting to ESL's in F04/SSEdit that an outside source changed mods and forcing a "Deployment" for no reason.

Vortex is telling you that your files have been modified. It cannot tell if you did this intentionally. I'll admit the "External Changes" window could be made a little more friendly to look at but it's definitely functional. You can flag a plugin as light inside Vortex (double click in the plugins tab), which would same some of this from happening. A deployment is required because it will copy the changes back into your staging folder and ensure Vortex is still managing the new/updated files.

Then, to top it off it kept telling me that f4se_0_06_21 isn't the most recent, definitely is, and wouldn't launch through Vortex.

Ok, so I have to be honest. If Vortex is telling you F4SE is not installed properly (or isn't the latest version) AND it doesn't launch from the dashboard, chances are you haven't installed it properly. The new guided install/update process should help with that (in 1.2.12+). We added it specifically because users have a hard time installing SKSE/F4SE/etc properly.

It sounds like both of you just misunderstand a few things. So feel free to stop by the support forums or our Discord if you'd like some help :)
kormarch28 wrote: "Ok, so I have to be honest. If Vortex is telling you F4SE is not installed properly (or isn't the latest version) AND it doesn't launch from the dashboard, chances are you haven't installed it properly."

No f4se was installed properly because the link from the desktop shortcut worked perfectly fine, vortex told me the latest version (f4se_0_06_21) was out of date and wouldn't launch, not that it was installed incorrectly. What you are implying I said wasn't what I said at all.

"Vortex is telling you that your files have been modified. It cannot tell if you did this intentionally."

It doesn't need to tell me that I changed files, I know I did. This goes back to it having too much control over everything.

"It is very unlikely a Vortex update caused this, your plugins.txt file is managed by your game and is not changed when updating Vortex."

It did. I don't know what to tell you about that, it happened.

Tannin42 wrote: > "Vortex is telling you that your files have been modified. It cannot tell if you did this intentionally."
> It doesn't need to tell me that I changed files, I know I did. This goes back to it having too much control over everything.

It's not _telling_ you that you changed files. We assume that you know that. It's asking you what to do with the change. Because yes, you know that you changed files intentionally but Vortex can't.
It has to synchronize the staging folder and the game folder, otherwise we wouldn't be able to switch profiles or purge or otherwise temporarily disable mods. And for Vortex to not ask you it would have to guess your intention. And even though it would be able to make a fairly good guess but it can't possibly know. There would still be the risk Vortex would sometimes pick the wrong file and thereby delete hours of your work if you were, say, editing your own mod in the CreationKit or xedit.
So the question becomes: Do you want to spend the few seconds to press save, to confirm you did do the intentional changes Vortex thinks you did or do you want Vortex to try and be smarter than it can be and risk deleting your work? There is no third option, either we guess or we ask.

That dialog is *not* about us holding your hand, it's Vortex asking for your help on something it can not reliably automate.

> "It is very unlikely a Vortex update caused this, your plugins.txt file is managed by your game and is not changed when updating Vortex."
> It did. I don't know what to tell you about that, it happened.

It absolutely didn't. Coincidences do happen, just because the two events seem to happen around the same time doesn't mean they are connected. The Vortex update touches nothing apart from its own installation directory and the registry keys that stores the installation location. I can guarantee you that the vortex update mechanism does not touch your plugins.txt file, it's impossible.
HadToRegister wrote:
kormarch28
I looked everywhere for a way to disable auto updates for Vortex itself and could not find it

SETTINGS--------->VORTEX----------->UPDATE----------->select NO AUTOMATIC UPDATES from the dropdown menu.
kormarch28 wrote: "It absolutely didn't. Coincidences do happen, just because the two events seem to happen around the same time doesn't mean they are connected. The Vortex update touches nothing apart from its own installation directory and the registry keys that stores the installation location. I can guarantee you that the vortex update mechanism does not touch your plugins.txt file, it's impossible"

It absolutely did. I'm not repeating myself.

"It's not _telling_ you that you changed files. We assume that you know that. It's asking you what to do with the change."

It doesn't need to do anything with it, which further proves the point your manager has too much control. If you assume we know that, leave it alone. What it boils down to is that I understand that you are a developer, and you take pride in your work. But, what you have made is not perfect by any sense of the means whatsoever. Instead of going through all these comments telling people they are wrong, maybe actually investigate and choke up the pride. Go through the forums and the comments on the update post, lots of vitriol towards people over this sort of thing. Vortex is a buggy mess, great in theory and on paper, far surpasses NMM in fresh looks and all that jazz. Like I said, I want to use it, but people just are not making up the issues they have with your program.

Tannin42 wrote: > It absolutely did. I'm not repeating myself.It absolutely did. I'm not repeating myself.

It doesn't matter how much you repeat yourself, you're still wrong

> It doesn't need to do anything with it, which further proves the point your manager has too much control. If you assume we know that, leave it alone.

I explained to you that this isn't possible. If Vortex "left it alone" your profiles would stop working correctly, purging would undo your changes, as would disabling the mod, which would completely change its function.
If you don't want this functionality you'll have to use a different mod manager because these features are at the core of what Vortex is.

> Go through the forums and the comments on the update post, lots of vitriol towards people over this sort of thing.

The same was true for NMM, no one ever said anything nice about that until we introduced Vortex. Same is true for MO, when I worked on that I got far more negative feedback than positive.
The amount of vitriol on the internet is unfortunately in no way representative of the entire user base. Happy users don't post in the forums with very very few exceptions. People are a lot less shy about complaining than about praising.
If we always try to only appease the complaints we may end up like the dog with a bone: Attempting to make everyone happy we end up with no one happy, hence why we can't react blindly to complaints, we have to be convinced of what we do.

> Like I said, I want to use it, but people just are not making up the issues they have with your program.

What you don't seem to unterstand is that you can't have it all, some of the functions you may like in Vortex which are the reason you "want to use it" _cause_ the drawbacks you complain about. Again, we can't have a purge function, that restores the vanilla game directory (without losing data), if we don't sync game directory and staging. We can't change between two profiles within seconds, again without losing data, if we don't sync game <->staging. Whether you understand the reason or not: this is true.
Vortex needs the control you complain about to offer the functionality it does. If you don't want the functionality that's fine, use a simpler mod manager, no one forces you to use or like Vortex. But if you want the functionality, accept that it comes with trade-offs.
We are software developers not wizards, we can't do things that aren't possible.
Tannin42 wrote: double post, damn you, comment section

"It doesn't matter how much you repeat yourself, you're still wrong"

Again, you need to suck up your pride. Your program is flawed, it happened and I do not care that you have the "Developer" tag on your name, it happened, TWICE. There is no reason an update should be disabling mods, I said what I said, take it however you want. I care not.

"I explained to you that this isn't possible. If Vortex "left it alone" your profiles would stop working correctly, purging would undo your changes, as would disabling the mod, which would completely change its function."

That an issue with your program, and your program only. What does that tell you?

You can say whatever you need to, the fact of the matter is that you cannot accept that this program you made has way more issues than NMM. Whether or not it is better is a subjective opinion and everyone has a different one. On paper and in presntation, it is. Actual operation, debatable. There is a reason people have sworn this software off and Github still has updates to NMM. Like I already said, I want to use this, but, until you start accepting things do not work out the way you intended and perhaps there are actually bugs, I'm not going to. As I said, I understand you take pride in your work, I get it. that pride doesn't mean you just dismiss peoples issues and say "You can't have everything." Nobody wants everything, they want their issues resolved and not have to deal with pointless "You're wrong, I won't even check it because it somehow is impossible, I didn't make it that way." Yeah, that is kind of the definition of bugs and errors, not working as you intended to make it work.

Edited by kormarch28

In response to post #81861268. #81861513, #81863428, #81866323, #81867173, #81871478, #81887973, #81891508, #81891543, #81901603 are all replies on the same post.

Shadowstag wrote: I have been using NMM for a very long time. Vortex is easy to use when it comes to downloading, installing and adding mods. However, when it comes to the management of mods Vortex severely lacks the functionality that NMM had. I used Vortex for a fresh install of SSE and had nothing but mod management problems that I never had before with NMM while using the same mods! The constant rinse and repeat of the deployment and rewrite process, coupled with false reporting of 'redundant' mods is a persistent pain in the arse. Being stuck with this is not a great feeling especially when you consider the volume of mods many of us have.
kormarch28 wrote: I agree 100% with everything you said. Plus when it updates it always breaks something. I looked everywhere for a way to disable auto updates for Vortex itself and could not find it, that is honestly unacceptable. Even after it asked me about the update, it still forced it. If the manager isn't broken for someone and/or they don't need the update, there is no reason to force updates. It deleted the desktop shortcut, it disabled every single mod in my load order, and when I re-enabled them it auto sorted a lot of them wrong and broke the load order therefore breaking the mods in game. Also, stop warning me after using bodyslide or converting to ESL's in F04/SSEdit that an outside source changed mods and forcing a "Deployment" for no reason. Then, to top it off it kept telling me that f4se_0_06_21 isn't the most recent, definitely is, and wouldn't launch through Vortex. Maybe that could have been a one off incident, but really? I don't want to keep using NMM, I really don't, I want to use Vortex, but the app simply has too much control over everything and it has been out long enough these kinds of things shouldn't be happening.
Pickysaurus wrote: Ok, let's dig into this. Apologies if I miss anything.
However, when it comes to the management of mods Vortex severely lacks the functionality that NMM had.

Could you elaborate on features you say Vortex is lacking? You go on to talk about features Vortex has that NMM lacks.
The constant rinse and repeat of the deployment and rewrite process

You can turn off automatic deployment in Settings -> Interface
[...] false reporting of 'redundant' mods is a persistent pain in the arse.

Vortex does not falsely report this. either you have a mod installed that contains no files or (more likely) you have a mod install that is entirely overwritten by as a result of what you chose in "File Conflicts". If you disable the ones marked redundant, it should actually have no impact on the game (because those mods were not loading any files).

Now, kormarch28...
Plus when it updates it always breaks something

I'm sorry if you encountered bugs after updating. If you're opted into the "testing" branch in Settings -> Vortex, I would suggest switching back to stable. The test branch (as the name implies) is the bleeding edge of new features. We only mark a build stable when we are confident it's a stable build. Vortex will always try and stay up to date as we drop support for older versions (as they contain bugs we've already fixed). You can turn this off in Settings -> Vortex -> Update.
It deleted the desktop shortcut, it disabled every single mod in my load order, and when I re-enabled them it auto sorted a lot of them wrong and broke the load order therefore breaking the mods in game.

It is very unlikely a Vortex update caused this, your plugins.txt file is managed by your game and is not changed when updating Vortex.
Also, stop warning me after using bodyslide or converting to ESL's in F04/SSEdit that an outside source changed mods and forcing a "Deployment" for no reason.

Vortex is telling you that your files have been modified. It cannot tell if you did this intentionally. I'll admit the "External Changes" window could be made a little more friendly to look at but it's definitely functional. You can flag a plugin as light inside Vortex (double click in the plugins tab), which would same some of this from happening. A deployment is required because it will copy the changes back into your staging folder and ensure Vortex is still managing the new/updated files.

Then, to top it off it kept telling me that f4se_0_06_21 isn't the most recent, definitely is, and wouldn't launch through Vortex.

Ok, so I have to be honest. If Vortex is telling you F4SE is not installed properly (or isn't the latest version) AND it doesn't launch from the dashboard, chances are you haven't installed it properly. The new guided install/update process should help with that (in 1.2.12+). We added it specifically because users have a hard time installing SKSE/F4SE/etc properly.

It sounds like both of you just misunderstand a few things. So feel free to stop by the support forums or our Discord if you'd like some help :)
kormarch28 wrote: "Ok, so I have to be honest. If Vortex is telling you F4SE is not installed properly (or isn't the latest version) AND it doesn't launch from the dashboard, chances are you haven't installed it properly."

No f4se was installed properly because the link from the desktop shortcut worked perfectly fine, vortex told me the latest version (f4se_0_06_21) was out of date and wouldn't launch, not that it was installed incorrectly. What you are implying I said wasn't what I said at all.

"Vortex is telling you that your files have been modified. It cannot tell if you did this intentionally."

It doesn't need to tell me that I changed files, I know I did. This goes back to it having too much control over everything.

"It is very unlikely a Vortex update caused this, your plugins.txt file is managed by your game and is not changed when updating Vortex."

It did. I don't know what to tell you about that, it happened.

Tannin42 wrote: > "Vortex is telling you that your files have been modified. It cannot tell if you did this intentionally."
> It doesn't need to tell me that I changed files, I know I did. This goes back to it having too much control over everything.

It's not _telling_ you that you changed files. We assume that you know that. It's asking you what to do with the change. Because yes, you know that you changed files intentionally but Vortex can't.
It has to synchronize the staging folder and the game folder, otherwise we wouldn't be able to switch profiles or purge or otherwise temporarily disable mods. And for Vortex to not ask you it would have to guess your intention. And even though it would be able to make a fairly good guess but it can't possibly know. There would still be the risk Vortex would sometimes pick the wrong file and thereby delete hours of your work if you were, say, editing your own mod in the CreationKit or xedit.
So the question becomes: Do you want to spend the few seconds to press save, to confirm you did do the intentional changes Vortex thinks you did or do you want Vortex to try and be smarter than it can be and risk deleting your work? There is no third option, either we guess or we ask.

That dialog is *not* about us holding your hand, it's Vortex asking for your help on something it can not reliably automate.

> "It is very unlikely a Vortex update caused this, your plugins.txt file is managed by your game and is not changed when updating Vortex."
> It did. I don't know what to tell you about that, it happened.

It absolutely didn't. Coincidences do happen, just because the two events seem to happen around the same time doesn't mean they are connected. The Vortex update touches nothing apart from its own installation directory and the registry keys that stores the installation location. I can guarantee you that the vortex update mechanism does not touch your plugins.txt file, it's impossible.
HadToRegister wrote:
kormarch28
I looked everywhere for a way to disable auto updates for Vortex itself and could not find it

SETTINGS--------->VORTEX----------->UPDATE----------->select NO AUTOMATIC UPDATES from the dropdown menu.
kormarch28 wrote: "It absolutely didn't. Coincidences do happen, just because the two events seem to happen around the same time doesn't mean they are connected. The Vortex update touches nothing apart from its own installation directory and the registry keys that stores the installation location. I can guarantee you that the vortex update mechanism does not touch your plugins.txt file, it's impossible"

It absolutely did. I'm not repeating myself.

"It's not _telling_ you that you changed files. We assume that you know that. It's asking you what to do with the change."

It doesn't need to do anything with it, which further proves the point your manager has too much control. If you assume we know that, leave it alone. What it boils down to is that I understand that you are a developer, and you take pride in your work. But, what you have made is not perfect by any sense of the means whatsoever. Instead of going through all these comments telling people they are wrong, maybe actually investigate and choke up the pride. Go through the forums and the comments on the update post, lots of vitriol towards people over this sort of thing. Vortex is a buggy mess, great in theory and on paper, far surpasses NMM in fresh looks and all that jazz. Like I said, I want to use it, but people just are not making up the issues they have with your program.

Tannin42 wrote: > It absolutely did. I'm not repeating myself.It absolutely did. I'm not repeating myself.

It doesn't matter how much you repeat yourself, you're still wrong

> It doesn't need to do anything with it, which further proves the point your manager has too much control. If you assume we know that, leave it alone.

I explained to you that this isn't possible. If Vortex "left it alone" your profiles would stop working correctly, purging would undo your changes, as would disabling the mod, which would completely change its function.
If you don't want this functionality you'll have to use a different mod manager because these features are at the core of what Vortex is.

> Go through the forums and the comments on the update post, lots of vitriol towards people over this sort of thing.

The same was true for NMM, no one ever said anything nice about that until we introduced Vortex. Same is true for MO, when I worked on that I got far more negative feedback than positive.
The amount of vitriol on the internet is unfortunately in no way representative of the entire user base. Happy users don't post in the forums with very very few exceptions. People are a lot less shy about complaining than about praising.
If we always try to only appease the complaints we may end up like the dog with a bone: Attempting to make everyone happy we end up with no one happy, hence why we can't react blindly to complaints, we have to be convinced of what we do.

> Like I said, I want to use it, but people just are not making up the issues they have with your program.

What you don't seem to unterstand is that you can't have it all, some of the functions you may like in Vortex which are the reason you "want to use it" _cause_ the drawbacks you complain about. Again, we can't have a purge function, that restores the vanilla game directory (without losing data), if we don't sync game directory and staging. We can't change between two profiles within seconds, again without losing data, if we don't sync game <->staging. Whether you understand the reason or not: this is true.
Vortex needs the control you complain about to offer the functionality it does. If you don't want the functionality that's fine, use a simpler mod manager, no one forces you to use or like Vortex. But if you want the functionality, accept that it comes with trade-offs.
We are software developers not wizards, we can't do things that aren't possible.
Tannin42 wrote: double post, damn you, comment section
kormarch28 wrote: "It doesn't matter how much you repeat yourself, you're still wrong"

Again, you need to suck up your pride. Your program is flawed, it happened and I do not care that you have the "Developer" tag on your name, it happened, TWICE. There is no reason an update should be disabling mods, I said what I said, take it however you want. I care not.

"I explained to you that this isn't possible. If Vortex "left it alone" your profiles would stop working correctly, purging would undo your changes, as would disabling the mod, which would completely change its function."

That an issue with your program, and your program only. What does that tell you?

You can say whatever you need to, the fact of the matter is that you cannot accept that this program you made has way more issues than NMM. Whether or not it is better is a subjective opinion and everyone has a different one. On paper and in presntation, it is. Actual operation, debatable. There is a reason people have sworn this software off and Github still has updates to NMM. Like I already said, I want to use this, but, until you start accepting things do not work out the way you intended and perhaps there are actually bugs, I'm not going to. As I said, I understand you take pride in your work, I get it. that pride doesn't mean you just dismiss peoples issues and say "You can't have everything." Nobody wants everything, they want their issues resolved and not have to deal with pointless "You're wrong, I won't even check it because it somehow is impossible, I didn't make it that way." Yeah, that is kind of the definition of bugs and errors, not working as you intended to make it work.

kormarch28
Also, stop warning me after using bodyslide or converting to ESL's in F04/SSEdit

You can use Vortex to Convert to ESL, just pick the COULD BE LIGHT filter in the PLUGINS tab, double click the plugin and click "MAKE LIGHT"
Seems you've missed a lot of features, have you looked through the Knowledge Base and Tutorials?
Also, which AV do you use?
If you use Windows Defender you'll have quite a few problems unless you turn of Controlled Folder Access
You should post in the Vortex Support forum, where it will be MUCH Easier to help you than continuing to hijack this thread for Tech Support.
We can respond much easier in the forum than a News Thread, because your problems sound unique to your system, so it will be much easier to move to the forum for this

"Support for Skyrim LE, Skyrim SE, Skyrim VR, Fallout 4, Fallout 4 VR, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3, and Oblivion "

MY OCD IS TRIGGERED! Gah! Why is it not in the correct order! Oh and the other stuff is cool n all just can't even!

Also glad to see the mod issue report stuff. Is the Script Extender working with Vortex gonna notify me when a new version is released?

In response to post #81906093. #81908598 is also a reply to the same post.

DoctorKaizeld wrote: "Support for Skyrim LE, Skyrim SE, Skyrim VR, Fallout 4, Fallout 4 VR, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3, and Oblivion "

MY OCD IS TRIGGERED! Gah! Why is it not in the correct order! Oh and the other stuff is cool n all just can't even!

Also glad to see the mod issue report stuff. Is the Script Extender working with Vortex gonna notify me when a new version is released?
Pickysaurus wrote:

Yep, it will, with the exception of OBSE (although that's not likely to get updated). :)

Yep, it will, with the exception of OBSE (although that's not likely to get updated). :) Vortex will check the script extender when you click "Check for updates" along with your other mods. Edited by Pickysaurus