⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

steve40

I am sorry if it's already here but i didn't find it on the main page..

And i am getting really desperate ._.

My problem is just the same as the Ice Wraith ice under character's feet, except it's not from Ice Wraith.

I noticed it after battle with magic anomalies, so i tried to addspell/removespell their skill Ice Bite, but that didn't help also... Before that i was fighting in Labyrinthian the draugirs, but i don't know what could the case be if it would be from them.

Does anyone know? ._.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@DarkRaven77

No offense, but... I'm sure you get it.

Jaja ...I could fix it. Just saying, these pics was a nice addition.

Btw: It's still a very helpful thread. Thanks!

Edited by DarkRaven77

I am sorry if it's already here but i didn't find it on the main page..

And i am getting really desperate ._.

My problem is just the same as the Ice Wraith ice under character's feet, except it's not from Ice Wraith.

I noticed it after battle with magic anomalies, so i tried to addspell/removespell their skill Ice Bite, but that didn't help also... Before that i was fighting in Labyrinthian the draugirs, but i don't know what could the case be if it would be from them.

Does anyone know? ._.

I have this problem when entering certain areas such as around forsaken cave, no matter what if i go within a certain distance i get "was equiped" in the top left corner and i have the effect, if im on a horse when i enter the area i get flung into the air and tossed around and also get the effect under my feet. The only solution i found was to uninstall USKP and remove the effect but it is not recommended as it apparently breaks saves

Just an FYI - if you're using USKP 2.0.1 or higher and manage to get one of the vanilla effects attached to your character, you should go to the Temple of Kynareth in Whiterun to have them removed. There is an object available along the wall that looks like a regular shrine which will take care of this.

Under no circumstances should the USKP (or any other mod, especially one with scripts) EVER be removed from your game. Skyrim absolutely DOES NOT handle this condition properly.

The reason these console fixes that have been in use for some time no longer work is precisely because we've blocked these effects from attaching to the player to start with. Or should be blocked anyway. The game has ways of confounding every effort we've made thus far, hence why there's now an in-game object to do this safely.

There are plans to include such an object for the UDGP and UDBP as well.

Sorry for my English. I just do not know much English, and I use a translator. Just below is the version without translation.

Good day. Recently I had a bug where the player constantly flying near a black cloud. Wherever I was always with me. Tried to fix itself - nothing. Help please remove this cloud. Advance overly grateful.
Because with the limitation of volume attachment files, I Shrunk the quality of one of the screenshots.

Edited by AlezZ0

Just an FYI - if you're using USKP 2.0.1 or higher and manage to get one of the vanilla effects attached to your character, you should go to the Temple of Kynareth in Whiterun to have them removed. There is an object available along the wall that looks like a regular shrine which will take care of this.

Under no circumstances should the USKP (or any other mod, especially one with scripts) EVER be removed from your game. Skyrim absolutely DOES NOT handle this condition properly.

The reason these console fixes that have been in use for some time no longer work is precisely because we've blocked these effects from attaching to the player to start with. Or should be blocked anyway. The game has ways of confounding every effort we've made thus far, hence why there's now an in-game object to do this safely.

There are plans to include such an object for the UDGP and UDBP as well.

Wonderful. I was just about right up a script to handle this very thing. Saved me a lot of trouble lol.

For the CureAll option, I have extracted the files in my root folder (C/games/The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim) but when I eneter "bat SMGEF" for exemple, it says that the batch file couldn't be found.... any reason why it would do that?

Plus I have NO IDEA what spell is that.... I seem to have it multiple times too...

Edited by GF0rb3s

I was running up to solitude when my wife said "OH cool your character is kicking up dust, thats new." I stopped moving my character but he didnt stop kicking up dust and now he's got a constant smoke effect which looks to be coming from his left foot/heel only. Prior to this happening i had encountered a double vampire assult in solutide which killed me and then shortly after reloading and fast traveling to the stables, my wife noticed the effect. I had also just finished the pale lady quest shortly before this happened.

I've tried the cureall bat files to no avail as well as many of the player.addspell/removespell solutions but my issue still persists.

I tried attaching a screen shot but its failing to upload. Grr. Anyway any help is greatly appreciated.