WIP - The Companion friendly Hobbit Home

Pellape

Well that's the point, making it realistic and maybe you want to use the weapon or move it as you want to regroup them. I will as my char that I use at my GFs apartment is still very low level. But I have had the same thoughts as you.

1. Add the weapon, making it rigid
  2. When you want to move or use it, remove it and add a new copy, either to the chest close to the table or to the inventory as you suggested.

The inventory seems best. But there is a but...

It is the reference of the baseobject that is placed at the weapon holder, which means we then need to use a command that may cause CTD or rather stop the script from running as we must use the Base Object ID when adding a new thing back somewhere, well to a chest or to the inventory, but maybe that was a problem and not any more: Quote:

[Ref.]GetBaseObject

• If Ref is a base object already, then calling BaseObjectRef.GetBaseObject will halt the script (quest scripts will show as still running but won't execute any more).
  • As of v12, using this function without a reference returns the base object of the calling object.

I do have had this command in mind :D

I will most likely do as you suggested as it is irritating when some stuff never stops to fall or that we need to trip on our toes down at the display room. Talking to one NPC always solves it though. Sometimes it is enough to just enter the room for 10-20 weapons to start falling but in the other hand, it is exciting as you never know if or when the whole room will start moving or not when you get there. Those running the mod without reading the manual or watching that video will get pissed for sure. ;)

//Pekka

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's the point, making it realistic and maybe you want to use the weapon or move it as you want to regroup them. I will as my char that I use at my GFs apartment is still very low level. But I have had the same thoughts as you.

1. Add the weapon, making it rigid
  2. When you want to move or use it, remove it and add a new copy, either to the chest close to the table or to the inventory as you suggested.

The inventory seems best. But there is a but...

It is the reference of the baseobject that is placed at the weapon holder, which means we then need to use a command that may cause CTD or rather stop the script from running as we must use the Base Object ID when adding a new thing back somewhere, well to a chest or to the inventory, but maybe that was a problem and not any more: Quote:

[Ref.]GetBaseObject

• If Ref is a base object already, then calling BaseObjectRef.GetBaseObject will halt the script (quest scripts will show as still running but won't execute any more).
  • As of v12, using this function without a reference returns the base object of the calling object.

I do have had this command in mind :D

I will most likely do as you suggested as it is irritating when some stuff never stops to fall or that we need to trip on our toes down at the display room. Talking to one NPC always solves it though. Sometimes it is enough to just enter the room for 10-20 weapons to start falling but in the other hand, it is exciting as you never know if or when the whole room will start moving or not when you get there. Those running the mod without reading the manual or watching that video will get pissed for sure. :wink:

//Pekka

This reminds me of a similar situation with Skin-toned Mannequins from back when I used to use that mod. I don't recall having much luck with the jump trick it mentions in the Issues section of the mod description but I seem to recall that talking to an NPC helped. In the end the hoops required to jump through to use the mod out-weighed it's perceived benefits so it never made it into my current guy's load order.

This game has some very weird anomalies.

Yes it sure has... I did some tests with SetRigidBodyMass yesterday, and I fell through the floor first as maybe I targeted it. I reloaded the game, and made more tests.

SetRigidBodyMass 0 moves the object slightly when you bimp into it

SetRigidBodyMass 100 might make it rock solid.

//Pekka

I have put the weapon holders aside and started to work on the first quest. A Caretaker is added, an older High Elf called Hecion Thaoriuth and he is well connected and will gather useful information for our future collections. He is sleeping and eating upstairs and later on he will spend evenings in the future library.

This will become the result of the first quest I think, well the mannequins wouldn't be naked after we completed that one.

50577384456_d8f8888057_b.jpg

The smaller painting at the small lectern will aid us to add and remove stuff and manage the Iron section. First I was thinking a simple card in stone but why not a painting instead?

Talking about the library? Could this be suitable style for it or will it be to depressing?

50576698198_9d5ea684d7_b.jpg

Edited by Pellape

I might use Maskar's Meshes only for the library, but exchange the textures to the ones at the Hobbit Home. Maskar's are to depressive and wet as you can see in the previous post, which is suitable for where they are originally used in his very nice dynamic made Outpost Dungeons. Those Meshes will give me an opportunity to form the library to look like a real Library hopefully.

Update released:

Changes:
v0.02b
  • Edited some more of Luna's (lunasprite13) furniture's in the kitchen, the store and living room as the collision boxes where to high and stuff fell through or off them, which they shouldn't do now.
  • Made a quest so it gets easier to find the home. It starts after the Emperor dies and you go into the sewers or completed that part.
  • Added the 6 different Requiem swords to the merchants as I missed to do that.
  • Added a caretaker that doesn't do much right now except sleeping, eating and stand in the way in the display room but I need him now.
  • Started to prepare for the collecting quests.

Weapons Movement in the Display Room from v0.03b

This is the best I can do right now. I make them RIGID when I place them and when you reset them, they get mass back. They will get back to normal when you add them to your inventory as well.

The staffs wouldnt stop to moving as you can see but I resettted those slots and added the staffs back, and it seems to help as then they stopped moving.

I added a big sword from the Multienchant mod that refused to stop moving and it disappeared after I tried to reset the slot. :/

//Pekka

Edited by Pellape

Other things I been thinking about is to add an achievement section, that will show your status about many things and give you something when you get the achievement, maybe something useful?

Achivements for:

• Completing the guild quests
  • Get to 100 in any skill and ability
  • Completing the Display Room sections
  • Completing the Library or sections of it
  • Some other achievements?

I will later add a bigger bedroom for the player next to the library and also add bedrooms there for the staff.

------------------

I have been thinking about how to change the AI with spells. I do not like the idle AI settings provided with CM as they go to bed to early and go up and train at 05:00?

I been looking at the CS Wiki for AI settings but I am not sure how I will be able to make it at all as it would been nice to sync the companions behavior with the staffs, so they eat and sleep at the same hours, which they do not do now. I only use companions when I need too, so mostly they hang out in the Hobbit Home. Anyone have any ideas how to do it?

//Pekka

Edited by Pellape

New Version with bug fixes released

I will start to edit the kitchen and the reason for it is that 5 companions and 3 NPC's eats and drink me out of the house and steal food and drinks from eachothers.

• Add more dishes and drinks to the cupboards but I strongly suggest you activate Salmo the Baker that is included in Cobl
  • Make the plates to activators so you can add food to it easy and a bottle next to it. I am tired of adding them manally, even with the decorator tool as I want it to go faster. I will check what foods and drinks you have in your inventory and add it to the menu.
  • Add a bottle rack that will be filled with a script.
  • Add a Cooking spot. Maskar's skillet and rolling pin require you to be close to one. I need to figure out how to cook with Cobl as that is not in the documentation but maybe in the online guide? I need to check that out. It seems I only need to add new recipes to Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul for craft recipes.ini and I will also include a cook book or 2. One for cooking and one for baking.
  • Edit and upload Cute Elves followers so their Idle schedules fits my NPC's better, so they eat and sleep at the same time.
  • As noone have given me any reason to not add companions to the playerfaction, I will add a spell that will do it at my traders, that way they might stop stealing.

Why doing all this? Well as I did edit the cute elf companion mod, to let the elf's and also my NPC's to eat 4 times a day, which I think is fair really, they even started to steal from eachothers. I did add a lot of food and drink to a container in the kitchen but they do not check it nor take anything from it. When they steal from eachothers, takes away the immersion really, at least for me, when my 2 traders pickpock my companions... They do have low responsibility as they belong to the Thiefs guild but hey... Uf you want to add stuff to the plates manually, well I will not stop you from doing it :wink:

Which schedules do I use?

• 0-6 Sleep
  • 6-8 Eat
  • 8-12 Work or train
  • 12-13 Eat Lunch
  • 13-18 Work or train
  • 18-19 Eat Dinner
  • 19-22 Work or train
  • 22-23 Drink
  • 23-24 Eat Supper
I should exchange the 2 last ones though... Eat at 22 and drink at 23... The elves do hunt and not only train so they have 10 different AI...
//Pekka
Edited by Pellape

A trick I've learned is to just give NPCs -1 carrot and then they never run out (or -1 of whatever you think they'd like ... same with drinks though they will go through the motions with a Use Item Pewter Mug01 even if they don't have a drop in their inventory).