WIP - The Companion friendly Hobbit Home

Pellape

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been working at the roof, placing ropes for 2 days and it do start to look like a proper terrace but there is still a lot of work to be done here, before I make my AI scheduler...

50699522758_0c7c6d2c67_b.jpg

I did managed to edit and export the collision as this extended planter in Blender. First it lost the collision but it was the BSX flag that got reset so I changed it from 0 -> 2 with Nifscope and here is the standing proof. The collision works great.

I think the Terrace is done and finished now and it do start to look like a Skyrim bandit outpost in some way, which wasn't the plan but I do like the look of the exterior now really. It sure feels like a home I would like to have in RL really :D

Night screenies are funniest to take, specially as I worked some with the lights

50704350367_b56ccff538_b.jpg

50703529413_362a00f042_b.jpg

50703529433_4610705a5b_b.jpg

It is meant that I will add AI packages that allow the companions and the crew to eat up here as you decide if they eat in the house or out here from the house schedule settings. I do use 4 meals a day and will use 2 inside the house and 2 up here at the roof. :smile:

50703529473_46103bd873_b.jpg

The backside and you also notice a small back hatch that leads in to the kitchen and I started to flat the landscape at the this side as I will now place a farm here with loads of useful animals that you can gather resources from, if you have a mod that allows it, like MOO pr Crafy Bits...

50704350497_3b1ef1712c_b.jpg

The hatch inside the kitchen and it is meant that you have to crawl through it... :wink:

50703529303_59c2cc2220_b.jpg

Arrows:

I do have some Stalhrim and quicksilver ore stored in my resource container and I thought, what am I gonna use it for and I thought, arrows...

Arrows is something I spend a lot of, very different ones and I make them with MOO's crafting system but mostly with Retro's arrowcrafting mod but Stalhrim and Stalhrim meshes? I even make arrows from gems, Valkynd and Varla stones but now I want Stalhrim. Well I took a look at the web and what I found was this:

StalhrimArrow.png

I did tried to extract the Skyrim BSA but it wasn't easy, so I DL:ed a Skyrim retexture for Stalhrim, but the meshes differs so much that I cant use them as I did peek at them both in Nifscope and also imported them to Blender, but it will be hard to use it, well if I want to make a quick mod that is, so I will use the Iron Arrow Mesh as base and the Bonearrow texture that Retro made and we see where it ends and that picture above as texture, which should do for my purpose and we see where it leads... Maybe I only end up with a bloody mess and a useless mesh? Well I try anyway... ;) I deleted most verticles at the Iron quiver, and I will try to make a new now.

If I succeed, I will contact Maskar and ask him to add a new arrowhead to his mod. But first I need to get this to work in game.

8 hours later...

50706913598_44cbeeafae_b.jpg

It is too flat, which I will fix tomorrow and I edited the texture some after I took this screenie. I also need to make a backside texture and I did color the shaft blue, the feathers looks so boring and dull so I took another texture for them. Well it works at least in game. I made one shot at my pet mountain lion/cougar... :wink: It growled...

Edited by Pellape

I remade the quiver some and also edited the texture, increased the contrast and made the arrows deeper blueish. It is not an exact copy as I did not managed to unpack the skyrim version until tonight and didnt compare them until after I made mine but lets compare them. It is good for a UELA point of view that they look so different really as I did made the quiver from scratch and only had the front view as reference:

Guess which is which the left or the right one... :wink:

50710373783_cdeb9aa341_b.jpg

No matter if it looks like the original or not, here is what it looks like in game right now. I went back to the original feather as it has more contrast and now we can see the stalhrim structure properly and the shaft is more blueish as well now. It will be available in the store and Maskar plans to add it to a future update of MOO as I asked him if this should not be part of MOO so we will be able to craft it with Maskars Stalhrim ingots. I also made a arrowhead resource for that reason. All I wait for now is to the Nexus site to get back up so I can upload it

50711195342_48f2d9fa25_b.jpg

I do not know yet if this is gonna be the final version or if I remake the quiver a 3rd time but if I do, it will look more exactly as the original, specially now when I know how it looks like even from the side.

EDIT: Maskar prefer mine as it is, so I will not remake it now or ever I guess. It will be included in a future version of MOO and will be craftable from Stahlrim and Quicksilver, if Maskar do not change my recipe for it. :D

Edited by Pellape

I remade the arrow texture because I did use the arrow head from the skyrim texture and that might violate the EULA and Maskar asked me to delete any traces from Skyrim so we do not get problems with it so I googled a marble, recolored it and the result is not to bad at all really. :wink: I do like this new arrow better and I did add some marble to the shaft as well, even if it is made of wood when we craft it in MOO, but Stalhrim crafting will do wonders I guess to wood as well.

50714330288_2e31053dbb_b.jpg

There are more beautiful arrows out there on Nexus for sure but that's not the point as the point is, now I know what I will use my Stalhrim and Quicksilver ore/ingots for from MOO mining in northern caves -> crafting this arrow. :D

Edited by Pellape

Remade it again and I maybe remake it a 4th time as well... Maybe... Does it feel like Stalhrim really?? I did took a look now how the stalhrim weapons really looks like in Skyrim... More like they where made in early stoneage... I made a new feather texture that I like better as well... This new arrow is based on MOO Stalhrim Atronach texture

50716485542_dffbb72e53_b.jpg

More like this: (The middle one :wink: )

skyrim_daggers___for_sale_by_arsynalprop

Edited by Pellape

I do harvest a lot of ingredients and I usually use the extremely ugly hand scythe for mass harvest, which is supported in MOO and I am so damn tired of that model, so I made a new one, that looks a little bit better I think them the original one. It will be available in Hobbit Store next update.

50721962717_8e936b341a_b.jpg

Edited by Pellape

I started with the backside 2 days ago and there's a lot of work that needs to be done there for sure, specially to add food resources that will be need for COBL cooking later on and wool for MOO crafting and feathers and eggs from hens, milk from cows and food from pigs...

50725834188_2d0c1006dc_b.jpg

I did add a horse spawn, but a Unicorn got spawned and killed all sheep. The fence is extremely ugly and too high, so I will exchange it to a 3 way instead of a 2 way now. I also added a dachdog at the front as I used to have one like that but the Unicorn killed it as well so I will remove that wild horse spawn for sure and make a more suitable one.

50726716467_b156547c8c_b.jpg

The left one is my companion, a lvl 7 Wiener Dog that are boosted some. Not overpowered but I do want it to survive when fighting and tanking as he is my tank and he do a splendid job with it as well.

Edited by Pellape