WIP - The Companion friendly Hobbit Home

Pellape

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it will - When I searched for suitable functions, I did search after door at the function list.

I never would have find these 2 in that extremely long list:

SetOpenState

GetOpenState

You sure saved my day :D So damn nice... Now my Yard will be secure from threats... :wink: Until I kill all bloody critters myself.

Maybe this will work on other animated objects?

Edited by Pellape

Well someone was asking about it not long ago so I made a script example, but it was not exactly what he was looking for I guess, but if there is a way to "sense" if a container is open or not in the harvest container category?

Damn, only one damn animal to add. It sure takes time to add one damn creature group, with all animations and sounds and stuff... It have taking me over a week to complete my bloody Yard... So tomorrow I wil add a donkey and I am done and can start to make the library. I downloaded The Old School Dungeon which will be the base for the library so I will retexture all those meshes with stroti's ones that he used in the Hobbit Home and I think that might end up cool really.

23633-4-1239117878.jpg

Running in Maskar's Outposts, that are using these meshes sure reminds me some of Daggerfall... :wink: I do remember when Dungeon Master came out as well that Phitt is refering too when he made these dungeon meshes.

Edited by Pellape

Okay mr Dragon I meant Drake :D

Damn. I may made the critters to powerful and my guard dogs do attack me when I slaughter the animals, if they not run away from me as they all do run extremely fast, superspeed when avoiding me. All I want is some eggs, ham, beef, feathers (quills) and other stuff they drop like wool and venison as cooking might be a future upgrade in MOO hopefully and that gave me the idea of this farm in the first place. I had to run all over the place as they did run like Speedy Gonzales and I finally killed them with the command kill...

So how does slaughtering works in RL?? Well I been to a sheep slaughtering myself, when 3 sheep was slaughtered by a friend and they put a mask over the head of the sheep and bang a thing penetrates their brain -> Instant death. Wasn't to fun to go home by train later with blood stains on my shoes as people did glare at them as I got them when holding a sheep...

Making such a spell might kill the immersion of the game as it will become a bloody god spell, novice destruction and we do not want that, not outside the farm anyway and the player just want the critters to walk around there anyway and look cute... :wink:

Well the spell I plan to make will only work at critters belonging to the faction PekAnimals, and then a kill command and a damage effect, simple as that and only on touch. If used elsewhere, a message will pop up telling the player that it only works when slaughtering your own critters at the Hobbit Home. Then we solved the problem of your own guards attacking you, hopefully as they did not yesterday when I used the kill command.

Edit:

I also set the spell to be none hostile, as the purpose with it is not to involve my guards...

Edited by Pellape

Thanks. Well it works perfect as intended as I slaughtered them all yesterday without any issues.

So while I am waiting for some screenshots from the forum, I am making the recall and mark spells, using the Trademark gates, a trigger plate and Xmarkers... This will allow the player to make a save game while porting, if that is activated.

The spells will be 6 all together, one recall and one marking in 3 different stages.

• Novice
  • Journeyman
  • Expert

I figured out that in the beginning of the game, 9 slots will do but not later on... I might need 11-12 all together but making more then 27 slots is not viable for sure, not even 27 as if you make 27 marks, you will wonder what the hell they go to later on as you will forget - I do... ;)

27592-1-1255177970.jpg

Before I release v0.04 I will also make a spell that conjures some stuff to the player like:

• Conjure a bed
  • Conjure a chair
  • Conjure the Luggage

Conjure a chair? Well sometimes it can be handy in case you need one. One mod demands that you sit when making scrolls and another will increase health regenerating if you sit and it is also cool in other ways. In Ultima Online, I always had a chair in my inventor that I put out if my char wanted to sit while chatting with others or loitering at the bank or similar as the Ultima chars could place any items in the world and they stayed there for an hour until disappearing so for some events, we placed loads of stuff, making different temporary themes. A chair is cool really...

Conjure a bed is good if you do want to level up immediately instead of porting home. Some dungeons do have bedrolls but far from all and I could summon one but I will summon a whole bed instead. :)

The Luggage is useless really if you cannot summon it and there is summon luggage spells already but I want my own one anyway. I think it is only useful if you did not pimp up your chars inventory or playing hard core with no portals nor fast travelling... I do not know really. All I use it for is to have a shovel in it to see if it is working and I manage to break the luggage twice through the COBL settings. Inactivating it and activating it through COBL settings, will delete everything you stored in it so I do not trust it 100% for long time storage.

What else could be fun to conjure while I am in to it?

I thought of conjuring the merchants from Hobbit home, but I think I do not really as then I also want to conjure their chests...

I am also thinking about making a spell that allows you to port to any companion and that will be useful later when I make the scheduling of packages as I will have packages that will allow a companion that is not following you to go on patrol outside so in case you wanna check what that companion is doing, you will be able to port to it as it is not meant for them to just stay inside the HH, well that will be up to every player to decide -> Dynamic AI Scheduling, which I mentioned earlier but I will not start with it until earliest at v0.05 as I want the library included and finished before that. The outdoor patrolling will be in 3 directions so far, North, East and West a bit out from the HH area where there is spawn points and stuff that will entertain the companion and where I can put activators, to reschedule them if needed... ;)

I do plan to release v0.04 within a couple of days and the patch is big, so big that I will need to create a separate one from v0.05. The v.0.04 patch is almost 100Mb now... :/ I do not dare to check the whole package... ;)

I am so close to releasing v0.04 that I can burst, to quote some NPC... :wink:

------------------------------

Recall and Mark

I did not made 3 recall/mark spells, as I made 4 instead...

So 9 slots each for:

• Novice
  • Apprehensive
  • Journeyman
  • Expert

That is 36 gates, 36 Triggers and 72 Xmarkerheadings... It took 2-3 days to copy and paste all those. I bet I max use 11 myself really but I do not want to limit anyone.

You can uncheck your other mark/recall mods after this release if you want to, as that is my goal, having all stuff in one single mod.

--------------

Tidy Up

I made a Tidy Up script, that put stuff at their CS position angle when you pass some triggers with GetFirstRef and GetNextRef as I am so damn tired of stuff not staying in place where I put them and I am tired of using the broom (MOO where I got the idea from) to clean up the mess

To have high performance I made a...

• questscript set to run every 2 seconds
  • triggers that gets disabled as soon as you pass them for 10s
  • OnLoad at the entrance so the triggers get enabled in case you logout or pass 2 triggers within 10s

When I test it, I do not notice any performance decrease at all. I jump up at the tables, kicking stuff around, pass the trigger and all stuff gets back on place. I am so happy and I should done this ages ago really. :D

What have bothered me most is my barbecue that spits out every damn ingredient that is put on the barbecuing as soon as I leave the terrace and I kept setting them higher and higher and it must be the fire meshes that pushes them of the grill as I have 4 fire nodes under it.

Edited by Pellape