WIP - The Companion friendly Hobbit Home

Pellape

I have reduced the lag some and also deleted a lot of light resources. The light was perfect I think but every light source do add lag so I was forced to delete all wall torches, all except 2.

The new collisions? Looks beautiful, doesnt it?? :wink: Looks awful really, like a bloody mess but I make them invisible as soon as I am done. This is all I can do to increase the performance really.

50669179511_074806bf5a_z.jpg

And it is much better than the original from a performance point of view.

50629854772_391c1e45b0_b.jpg

Soon done with the 2nd floor and doing this is tedious and so damn boring, but nescesary. I am very tired of collisions right now. Been doing it for 2 days now and there's funnier things to do really... ;)

Edited by Pellape

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Performance:

So how does the performance feel now?

Hard to say as I only tested it at one computer at my GFs flat with a simple graphiccard AMD R5 and no stutter remover but it feels much faster and I got fps up at least 50%. It is a bit darker now and I had to put back 2 torches. I can run through the floors without problems.

It will be more interesting to see what happens when I get home to my own flat in 4-5 days as there I have Nvidia 750 and also use stutter remover and without the changes, it felt like walking in syrup but I am very optimistic. All weapon holders are filled with weapons, unique weapons and I fear what will happen at the next stage, when I add the standard displays, where we will add the quest items, standard weapons and standard armor, every single one. If the performance will suffer, that section will be moved later to a separate room next to the future library, so I do have solutions in case performance gets to low later on. I plan to add several rooms next to the library anyway.

Edited by Pellape

Plans for Library rooms?

I have mentioned some but I make a complete list of what I know so far:

• Libraray, most likely divided into 2 or more rooms, depending on performance when all books get added as they will slow one single room down a lot, specially if you use the High res book jackets but I use the standard res as it is good as it is. How often do you get close to admire book jackets anyway?
  • Bedrooms for the staff
  • Our own private bedroom
  • Achievement section, most likely at the primary library hall but it will depend on the performance as well but that will be my first option at least.
  • Clutter room - Add quests for collecting all kinds of clutter and display them and maybe this needs to be divided into different sub rooms as well, depending on the performance.
  • A room for the mod Oblivion Collectible Cards with new shelf's and new display's for them. I can't add the IDs for the cards to my mod as you shouldn't be depended of it but I can provide named holders at least and then it get easier to see what cards you have missed if you use that mod, which I think is a cool one.
  • Connection to Hrota Cave as a break in will happen from there later on, as someone will steal all books before you enter the library for the first time and before you meet the librarian during the end of the former master before he turns in to the Goblum. Your mission will be to restore it.
  • Shield room with new shield displays. This will be a challenge because of the center and rotation of the shields are extremely odd. It will be a similar solution as the one used in Skyrim. A sepaate room might not be needed as when the displays are made and if they work, we could add them everywhere or here and there at least.
  • I might add trap doors from some sections up to the surface, not as doors but as activators, so no travelling NPC's use the underground library as their highway. I did that mistake 2006-7 and had enough of empty roads and loads of NPC's inside my portal rooms. If we do not do that, they will enter the library and pass Hrota Cave when they travel to and from Anvil and vice verse.

Mark and Recall:

My main char have used all marks in the original Mark and Recall mod so I will make a new one, based on portals instead and add a HH house save option to them, that will also toggle the saves for these portals:

Why portals? We cant save a game inside a spell as that save will be useless and if you try to load it, you get stuck in the loading screen. So the spell will put 1/9 portals in front of you and the save game will be created when you enter the portal, if you toggle it on in the house settings that is.

Summon Luggage?

I will make a summon Luggage spell as well. I do not use the Luggage even if I activated it from COBL but I did add the possibility to activate it from the display room and if you do not cheat with feather like I do and like the Luggage, then you will most likely be happy to spawn it whenever you need to unload your self. I will not use any of the chests that Wrye provided as I will copy one of them and use that copy that will point at the master chest, the parent chest.

I am able to carry so much stuff that open a container takes ages and then it is time to waste to loot... :wink: I hate the original weight limits in all TES games.

Edited by Pellape

Terrace

I am playing at the roof right now, adding a terrace all over it, made a new floor mesh as well as nothing is suitable in game for it and I was searching at Nexus for a Barbecue but I could not find any suitable either, so I made one in blender. It looks very dark in game but I will tweak the textures if needed in case it is not enough to just edit the material

50676194298_e9b2a6c085_z.jpg

I will place 2 fire nodes in it, add sound so it makes noise and it will also work as a fireplace for cooking. When I later play with the AI, the 2 food merchants will stand next to it during barbecue, if you now choose to let the Companions to eat outdoors that is.

Ohh, nooo - Someone put that damn thing on fire!!!!!

50678772981_fa6253859d_b.jpg

I do like this new wood texture that I found for the terrace. It doesn't fit right at the Bravil Stairs but so does not Qarl 3 either or do I use Vibrant? I forgot... I will need to edit that UV today at 2 meshes... I remember doing similar 14 years ago with the Anvil Harbor, so bloody boring as all UV at all harbor meshes is a mess there and it took over a week. I think I did that with Elynda if I recall right. Why do they not do it right?? Well performance or lazyness I guess...

It doesn't look to bad as it fits in Bravil and I bet no one noticed that the UV is not proper and when do we use this stair? Only ones after one quest and I did not notice this until now when I will use it at the house and you will not notice it if you do not walk around in Bravil and enjoy the views time to time? This stair and that texture will not do at the roof of the Hobbit House though but it fit in Bravil.

50678795051_3d3b9d3ef8_b.jpg

Edited by Pellape

More Weapons:

I got a bit tired of editing UV at stairs as it is extremely tidies and boring but necessary as I cant stand them at the current state at my house at least, so I made an Axe instead:

It is not a mid eval one, as I was wanting a modern camping axe really, and this one was the best I could find. It even have good reviews as a really good camping axe as well... :wink:

50683837927_fa3edccb45_b.jpg

I just found this picture... I add this one next I think :wink:

5d15f4a3a05834693bca3810-2-large.jpg

5d15f4a3a05834693bca3810-14-large.jpg

Edited by Pellape

Do I need to say anything?? The new UV at the stairs outside the house that will take you to the rooftop.

50686243528_7c85cacee5_b.jpg

One of them fits in Bravil and the other at the Hobbit Home - Guess which is which... ;)

Edited by Pellape

The new axe is half done and I finish it tomorrow. It will be very thin but so is the original as well... So do not blame me for making super thin blunt weapons as I have not designed it... ;)

50688652532_db2c53ff37_z.jpg

This axe is so popular that it has been sold out. There's none to buy right now and it is not very expensive, just €31 but it did cost €80 earlier. Maybe I should buy one as it looks so damn cool but what would I need an axe for in RL??

5d15f4a3a05834693bca3810-12-large.jpg

Finally done with the Wolf Head Axe and I made 2 different lengths as well. As I suspected, the original is very short but I added both. The shorter will be faster but will not reach far. I need to tweak the material and hues some at the texture and I already made the blade a bit darker.

50691943048_cbfe485a1a_b.jpg

The short reach 0.7 and speed 1.5

The longer reach 0.9 and speed 1.3

Available in the Hobbit Home Store in the basement. :smile:

Edited by Pellape

I must remake the handle as it do not reflect light in the same way as the blade, as it reflect light from 180 degrees, because I have a half handle and duplicated it and mirrored it in Blender... It is best to make a cylinder for it and edit both sides at the same time... No copy and pasting inside Blender... Faces gets wrong and it doesn't help to flip them... It did work great at the Husky axe so I do the same with the wolf axe...

I have no screenies of the failure but I stood between a green and a purple lamp in the main hall of my home and the blade reflected the green and the handle the purple and when I turned 180 degrees, it was vice verse... I do have other things to do than remaking a failed handle... Been fiddling with it since 4 hours back and got half way...

Well look at the lower left picrure above by the way as the handle does reflect a green lamp from the hall way and the blade does not as it reflects a yellow from the front in the room that I put it at...

Edited by Pellape