How do I know which profile of a game is enabled?

krashd

Using OP's example, isn't the answer to his question simply this - the last Fallout 4 profile enabled before switching to Skyrim? Or am I totally misunderstanding the issue?

Yes, but if he has four Fallout 4 profiles, and he uses Fallout 4 profile #2, and then switches to Subnautica, and then decides to play Fallout 34 some more a couple of months later, what is there in Vortex that will let him know that Fallout 4 Profile 2 is the one he last played, without having to switch Vortex back to Fallout 4 to find out?

It'd be nice if the profile had a little flag or something, like the "Set Primary" thing does.

That way, he can just look at RECENTLY MANAGED, and see the profile with the flag and know, "Oh ok, it's profile two that I last played" without having to switch Vortex over to Fallout 4.

Look at this screenshot and tell me which Subnautica Profile is the last one I played

Profile-no-flag.jpg

Why do you have two Subnauticas? :turned:

Why do you have two Subnauticas? :turned:

I don't, they're both pointing to the same Steam\steamapps\common\subnautica folder

I don't know why they have different thumbnails either

lol, I don't even remember how I ended up with two Subnautica entries aimed at the same folder, unless it got automatically created when I renamed the Mod folder in the Subnautica folder, and decided to manually copy mods from the old folder to the new folder.

Probably when i tried to mod it on Xbox gamepass, and found out I couldn't so I just bought it on Steam.

Â

Â

Â

Â

Why do you have two Subnauticas? :turned:

Â

Â

I don't, they're both pointing to the same Steam\steamapps\common\subnautica folder

lol, I don't even remember how I ended up with two Subnautica entries aimed at the same folder, unless it got automatically created when I renamed the Mod folder in the Subnautica folder, and decided to manually copy mods from the old folder to the new folder.

Â

Probably when i tried to mod it on Xbox gamepass, and found out I couldn't so I just bought it on Steam.

Actually, if I recall you don't keep up with the latest Vortex version so this might be an old bug. The Subnautica with the diver is likely an update in your appdata folder which was supposed to overwrite the other one.

Â

Â

Â

Â

Why do you have two Subnauticas? :turned:

Â

Â

Â

Actually, if I recall you don't keep up with the latest Vortex version so this might be an old bug. The Subnautica with the diver is likely an update in your appdata folder which was supposed to overwrite the other one.

Could be, I'm still on 1.2.20

Guess it's time to update, I haven't seen any threads about the newest version being a problem

*EDIT* Ha! Updated to 1.3.19 and now I only have ONE Subnautica entry

HadToRegister knows what I'm on about. Here is what I see when I open the profiles tab...

Untitled.jpg

As you can see there is nothing there to tell you which of my Fallout 4 profiles is the one that was initiated last. It would be mighty useful if one of my two Fallout 4 profiles could show a second icon at the bottom corner next to the clone settings icon to state that the profile is still enabled inside the game.

I didn't realise that you _could_ have no profile enabled for a game if indeed profiles were enabled. if you go to your Fallout4 dashboard, what profile does the primamry launcher for Fallout4 claim will be used?

diziet

Using your example, the Fallout 4 dashboard is available only when Fallout 4 has been activated. When this happens, the primary launcher will use the profile last enabled, unless you then change the profile after activating the game.

I didn't realise that you _could_ have no profile enabled for a game if indeed profiles were enabled. if you go to your Fallout4 dashboard, what profile does the primamry launcher for Fallout4 claim will be used?

diziet

That's the entire point of this thread.

He's switched from Fallout 4 to play some Skyrim, and, He can start Fallout 4 if he wants, from Steam or the F4SE_Loader.exe, however, there's no indicator on that Profile screen as to which Profile was the one that was Enabled before he switched to playing Skyrim.

That's what he's asking for, some type of indicator so he can glance at the profile screen and know which profile is currently enabled for a game that isn't the one currently being managed.

From his screenshot, which Fallout 4 profile is Enabled? "DEFAULT" or "FROST"?

The only way to check that, is to switch back to Fallout 4, instead of just being able to read "ENABLED" below the Profile Name.

His only alternative at this point, is to switch to Fallout 4, for the sole purpose of finding out which Profile is active, and then switch back to Skyrim.

If you have a game modded with 300+ mods, it can be a real PITA to switch between games, because it's not a fast process, so an Indicator as to which profile(s) are enabled for currently Unmanaged Games would be helpful

Well it's a click if Vortex is open but current profiles are listed in the games that drop down if I click on the top left icon. Otherwise there's my suggestion of a sytem tray icon function perhaps?. From my recent issue I'll assume that 'hidden' games don't show up in the drop down display of games from clicking the top left icon?

diziet

Someone suggested putting this in as a suggestion but other than this actual message board I don't know where to put suggestions in. The description for this board is "Discuss Vortex and give us your feedback. Let us know what you think of Vortex here, what you like, don't like, {{{and what you'd like to see improved}}}." so this was all I can think of. Is there an official suggestions box or what not?