Resource Query, part 2

BlueSteelRanger

Do click that link and see for your self. It is all in the description really. COBL comes in both esm which consist all objects starting with cob and you do not change a bloody thing, just using the objects and also with a lot of optional esp's, all depending on what you want to do with it. If you implement COBL in your house, you also need to make it to an requirement but it is a damn good requirement really. It do have a missing texture and an oven with odd collisions, but I have corrected it and also contacted both Wrye and the one that is now responsible for COBL that I want to help with it.

My house comes in one single version: Install COBL but it will work without it as well, but I bet it will look odd and empty and be filled with

50943300006_91f4eff7b9_o.jpg

As I also use MOO, Maskars brilliant Overhaul that also have a very cool crafting system, I made a lot of new recipes and added some tools and stuff as well, all COBL based and gave them to Maskar and I bet that will keep him busy for a while. It also means he is planning slowly for an update one day. We did try together to make the new recipes as realistic as possible, so I peeked at real recipes at cooking sites, even made a new recipe for ink so lets see what will happen with it. :smile: But they are not toooo complicated. My house is prepared already for the changes that might come with MOO later as I do save those resources needed in containers, which are waiting for the new MOO to get released. It is also all those items and resources that gave me the idea of making the dynamic sorter in the first place. So much damn micro sorting of all bloody items here and there. It is that way with crafting and realism. It is up to Maskar of course to decide if he wants to implement that stuff but he was positive to my changes last time we debated them.

This hasn't been possible to make without COBL as inventing that wheel, would have taken so long time so I could never have time for the fun stuff. Adding so much base and common content they did, is extremely time consuming and also boring, extremely boring so we should be lucky they did that. Making recipes for Maskar was also extremely boring and tedious but I do want them implemented with MOO, So I had no choice really.

What COBL mostly consist is food and new drinks, so many nice and well made bottles so I placed these lovely food and bottles everywhere in my house. There is no reason for me to make a none COBL based house as I do this firstly for myself, and you either like it or not and then my house is not for you as then you want to use a more simple house. :D There are 1794 homes to choose between at Nexus after all at this moment.

Edited by Pellape

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well install OBMM as it will not conflict with the others. Sometimes I even run OBMM and Wrye Bash at same time but as OBMM locks the esp order, I close it down before changing the order in Wrye Bash as that one is so damn brilliant as it updates the list in real time. Take LOOT as one example. You can run Wrye Bash at the same time LOOT makes all changes, and it changes its list as soon as LOOT is done.

So why did OBMM come at all? Well it came much later than Wrye Bash and its purpose was to allow the player to make omods, with bain scripts and I do not know if that was supported then with Wrye Bash at all. It is now, but it cannot handle omods. COBL offers the player a lot of options in that script, from installing the core, to a lot of different optional files so try the optional files and included mods that sound interesting and skip those that does not appeal to you. Using only the core standalone is a bit pointless if you ask me but I did skip some example files as I installed it for that tiny house mod and did not know then what the purpose with COBL was at all. I do know more now and I am so happy they made it really. It did take me a while to really appreciate it, the more I learned about it.

Some mods I did mentioned, are omods and that is nothing we can do anything about and it doesn't matter really. We have different tools for different situations. I mean, a mechanic cannot dismantle a whole car with one screwdriver, which also is odd... :wink:

Wrye and OBMM???

It is also a bit odd that COBL is omod as it is Wrye that made a lot of the stuff in COBL, but wait, is it?? I did use Wrye Bash when I installed COBL. It offered choices in the right side of Wrye Bash and worked nice if I recall right.

Well none of those mods are depended of a good computer. I do play mostly on a junk computer myself with a junk graphic card, without any bigger problems.

Edited by Pellape

The latest version of COBL (version 1.74) used to be hosted at The Assimilation Lab. According to what I have just read here at TES Alliance The Assimilation Lab has been shut down (see Arthmoor's post from Jan 5 2021).

The copy of COBL ver 1.74 that I have is packaged as a BAIN (so Wrye Bash installation or manual installation ... though I do see an OMOD Conversion folder with a script). I see that COBL version 1.74 was uploaded to the Oblivion Nexus COBL page on Aug 27 2020 and it is packaged as a BAIN (see the top listed download link on the Files tab).

@Pellape, @Striker879: I take it BAIN is used rather than LOOT? Or are they used together?

Yeah, I did find Assimilation Lab shut down (a bloody shame since my favourite Dark Brotherhood mod had a hints page there that helped a lot).

Arright. I have a computer restore point if things go back-end up in a worst-case scenario (I'm slightly paranoid about my machine since it's the only one I have and literally nothing else around me is blind-accessible. Gotta love baked-in ableism LOL!). I'm going to try this. OBMM, here I come.

Update: So I now have OBMM. I tried to follow the...less than clear instructions and ended up with the following message:

"An unhandled exception occurred.

Extra information should have been saved to 'obmm_crashdump.txt' in oblivion's base directory.

Error message: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream."

Ooops. Well DL it from here and install it with Wrye Bash as it is no an omod.

Bain and LOOT? Well the bain script is used to install a single mod, allowing you to make choices when you install it.

I never counted how many mods that are COBL based until now. It is 64 mods. :) Well 64 that included COBL in their names, 65 with mine and 66 with Private Quarters. It sure give modders ideas about realism.

Well do not use OBMM for COBL, use Wrye Bash.

BAIN is something you do not need to bother about really. Bain is the name of the way some use when their mods get installed and the COBL package is bain prepared. Lets see if I can explain from another angle or perspective?

When or if you make a package that includes options, you can make a bain script in a textfile called wizard.txt. Wrye Bash and OBMM reads and searches for wizard.txt so bain is already included in every descent Mod Manager and nothing you install separate.

Lets say you make a crown made of gold, one made of Silver and one made of lead. You add those crowns to 3 different folders, and when the user of your mod install it, you made a wizard.txt that allows him to choose, gold, silver or lead and depending of his choice, the files will get installed from 1 of those 3 different folders.

Here is a section from that specific Wizard.txt that Wrye made for COBL, not that you will understand it, but it might give a hint anyway.

; ###################################################################################
; ### Wizard Installer for COBL by Wrye
; ### http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1502917-relz-cobl-no18/
; ###
; ### 16/09/2015 lmstearn             Initial release
; ###################################################################################

RequireVersions "0.1.2+", "0015+", "", "299+" ; Oblivion version, OBSE version, (no OBGE), Wrye Bash version
DeSelectAll

SelectOne "Welcome to the Cobl (Common Oblivion) mod Setup Wizard", \
    "|Start Here_Readme", "Welcome to COBL!", "bash\\images\\nsis\\wrye_monkey_164x314.bmp", \
    "Cobl Overview", "Cobl stands for Common Oblivion. For players it provides new races, books, ingredients, foods, and more.\nIts shared library of non-conflict/duplicate objects facilitates, enhances, and simplifies modding.\nThe next page selects a Stable or Development install, either of which is followed by extra optionals pages.\nExcellent Readmes for the various installed components are located by navigating to\nData\\Docs and Data\\Docs\\Sources or configuring those in Wrye Bash's own Doc Browser. \nTo start you off is Cobl.htm with great all round coverage.", "bash\\images\\readme\\wryebash_08.png", \
    "How To Use", "If this is the first time run for this wizard it's recommended to uninstall older versions of COBL before proceeding. \nTo start, please read the rest of the selection's documentation for a general idea what the optional parts of this mod can do, and, before applying your selections made in the wizard, take heed of any notes at the bottom of the Wizard Installer Finish Page. \n\nThe general procedure for using the mod after the install process is to activate 'Cobl Main.esm', then to activate other installed mods (the ones with the merged tags can be left alone as they will be picked up in the Bashed Patch later- if not the Patcher will warn). \nRunning BOSS to set the load order followed by rebuilding the Bashed Patch completes the process.", "bash\\images\\nsis\\wrye_monkey_164x314.bmp", \
    "Version Changes- ", "Cobl is in a stable 1.74 release. The most recent fixes are by migck: \n\nFixed incorrect model path for copper ingots. \nFixed weight and cost progression for adamantium ore chunks. \nKind of a critical fix: fixed the system for handling Cobl's list tokens, so that other mods can add such tokens without causing a CTD. The way it worked was that the scripts would run 'containerRef.RemoveAllItems containerRef'. This is fine if the contents of containerRef are the same as those set in the editor, but if a mod has added new items to it, it causes a CTD. \nI've added a 'list holder' container reference to the Cobl dummy cell, so that the scripts now unload the list tokens to that container and then return them to the original container. Scripts changed: cobCoblizeRegisterFAS, cobCoblizeQS, cobGrinderOS and cobOptCoblizeItemsOS. \nFixed script of the Cobl token's info popup so that it doesn't get stuck in the last messagebox (cobOptCoblizeItemsOS) \nChanged script on the alchemy static equipment so that it uses Update3D instead of Enable/Disable to change their model, and thus will work correctly with parented references. I think the change is ok since that part were they update their model already required OBSE to work. \n\nOlder revisions are summarised at http://wryemusings.com/Cobl.html#Versions, \nnewer at the download page: http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/951-cobl/", "bash\\images\\nsis\\wrye_monkey_164x314.bmp", \
    "Compatibility and issues with other mods: ", "Cobl was built for 100% compatibility with any mods. \nIn 2008 Cobl Glue and Salmo the Baker was updated for UOP compatibility. \nCobl Races may be incompatible with other race/cosmetic mods that use different eye mesh styles. \nThere is also support for OOO version 1.35a+, MMM version 3.8+, and FCOM version 1.0+.", "bash\\images\\nsis\\wrye_monkey_164x314.bmp", \
    "ExampleMod Screenshots", "The Luggage is a simple wooden chest that once acquired, will show up in many places. The readme has more...\nPS from Wrye: No, Cobl Luggage does not have lots of little feet, nor does it eat people. Umm... That we know of. Actually, that red coloration does looks a little suspicious. Hmm... Best not to enquire too closely.", "Images\\TheLuggage.jpg", \
    "Credits\\Authors", "Wrye - For BAIN. Woooooooot! \nLojack - For the wonderful BAIN wizard installer feature. \nMetallicow - For chewing the cud. \nLojack, Utumno and a devoted testing team for the continued development of Wrye Bash. \nWrye followed by a bunch of others for COBL and Vacuity for its maintenance. ", "Wizard Images\\Yes.jpg", \
    "Language", "Language or Nationality this BAIN wizard was written in. \n\n English (USA)", "Wizard Images\\EnglishUSA.jpg"
EndSelect

If DataFileExists("OOO 1.32-Cobl.esp") or DataFileExists("MMM-Cobl.esp")
Cancel ("An older version of COBL is detected. Please uninstall it before running this wizard")
Else

;### Core Cobl Filter Late MERGE ONLY is actually selected here as it is common to both Stable & Dev
SelectSubPackage "00 Cobl Core"

... / SNIP

This wizard will start if you you install that package with Wrye Bash and this is BAIN. I do not think I can explain it in any different way than this... At line 8, he writes that it requires Wry Bash, nothing else.

This wizard will guide you when it starts

You choose if you only want the esm or some optional packages or not. It all depends what you wanna do with COBL but if you want the food in your house and the alchemy sorter only, then only choose the CORE. Cobl Main.esm and when you load your house mod with CSE, add Cobl Main.esm, drag and drop the sorter and play the game and start using it. It is simple as that.

Edited by Pellape