gun control - what are we waiting for ?

xrayy

Actually, home invasions are far more prevalent than folks would like to admit. Of course, most criminals like to break into homes that no one is currently home... but, it doesn't always work that way.

@XRay: I would also point out, that anyone breaking into a home, isn't going to be doing it quietly. The whole 'picking locks' thing isn't a common skill, and most home invaders just kick in a door, or break a window. NOT something I would sleep through. I also have dogs, and they would alert me to an intruder LONG before said intruder to make it to my bedroom. I would have plenty of time to arm myself, and be prepared.

Also, while you may be content to simply cower in a closet, and wait for someone else to save you, I most certainly am NOT. Police response times out here are laughable. They would show up in time to clean up the mess. So long as my second amendment rights are intact, that would be the criminal getting hauled away in a meat wagon. NOT one of MY Family.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HeyYou makes it sound like the constitution was carried down a mountain, written on stone tablets, and not just simply the ideas of a couple of rich guys, who wrote down what they thought at the time were some good ideas. And DanteRedField seems almost gleeful about the "American way of life".

I served with the ADF for many years, and I have wounded and killed enemy combatants. Would you consider me fearful?

I am "fearful" of US tv and US media that routinely portrays violence without consequence, even glorifies it, and of a culture that sees nothing wrong with murdering it's citizens on the flimsiest of pretexts.

I'm not an advocate for banning guns in any way, but I am an advocate for people taking a long hard look at themselves, and deciding whether they think their "culture" is truly good.

I wouldn't consider you fearful. The US media truly are in the business of selling fear, profiting off of it, and utilizing their practical monopoly of the medium to brainwash the modern average American. Violence is being pushed, and glorified, but it routinely comes from certain demographics, and cultures.

The average citizen doesn't know the evil of the Ruby Ridge, and Waco incidents, where lies and media manipulations lead to state sanctioned murder of citizens, and the only true repercussions were some the foot soldiers involved died in the crossfire, the ones orchestrating the events never faced justice. Then the Oklahoma City Bombing happened, and the only takeaway from that was that the govt now considers white Americans as the dominant cause of terrorism in the US, even after Islamic terrorism had been occurring for decades (people forget the 80's and 90's attacks), and has only become more prevalent.

Over the past 50 years, the black community has devolved. Not so long ago its areas of America weren't so bad. You had 1920's Harlem, you had traditional families (in the grand scale of history 100 years is a short time span). Things such as crime rates and single motherhood were a few points higher then white america, but it was stable. Fast forward today, the family has been broken, single motherhood is the norm, and crime is rampant. The controversy at this point, is if we look at most African countries today, we see similar issues in terms of crime, violence, and poverty...why? I would argue that after independence the African countries failed to maintain the cultural norms and traditions that had been imposed during their years as colonies, similar to how the dominant culture of white America imposed itself on black America, you had cultural differences, such as music (jazz), but the formation of family, and how society functioned as a whole kept a solid foundation. When that foundation is removed, then you see how a group will naturally form.

My point with the above, is now the culture of violence is primarily coming from the minorities in America, in part due to lack of a common foundation with the majority of the country, and how certain tribes, nations et al function when left to their own devices. We see this in Latin American countries, high crime, lack of family cohesion, and poverty. They arrive to the United Economic Free Zone for free x y and z. They don't assimilate to the dominate culture, and then everyone acts surprised when the parts of America they gravitate towards turn into little sections of the countries that they just left turn into dimension pockets of the countries they left, with all the problems they were hoping to escape. This is especially noticeable in the illegal population, however its also observable in legal populations as well.

With that being said, our original culture (America was not originally a multicultural country) was heavily based in self liberty and self reliance, the whole gun culture is an offshoot of self-reliance, and is practically the only remaining mindset of our original culture, as even white America has not been immune to the changes brought on, by multiculturalism and brainwashing by the elites and now has its own drug problem (Opiod crisis), rise in single motherhood, and decline in population (not reproducing at replacement levels or growth levels)

"Is our culture truly good" - as it stands today...no. As it once was.... yes.

come on, take off your supremacist glasses! nobody wins here!

do not form the habit of sorrowing yourself while bashing media. this is totally implausible at least if you are not trapped in a supremacist bubble.

"Is our culture truly good" - as it stands today...no. As it once was.... yes.

is this a joke ?

you mean slavery was good ?

no woman rights was good ?

apartheid was good ?

or do you mean we should only promote american indians culture because they were the first known culture? i do not get your point! it sounds just plain stupid !

american culture has its strength in cultural diversity and not in white supremacy! so work on that instead of constantly promoting the opposite! what are your real intentions if not promoting white supremacy for whatever reason ?

if your intention is to promote populists, trumpists, qanonists or white supremacists ideas and their special media i can just regret your position.

If there was no bad, there would never be any Good! It takes an individual to change their ways, by learning how to be Good. You want happiness?! What?! Did you think it was a plan we all woke up with first thing?

Happiness is what you get for working to bring peace and good will to your own self. If you aren't happy it doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way as you do.

If it weren't for bad luck there would never be any good luck.

Chaos is our waking moment struggling to remember where we are. Revival. Each of us has to take the moment we become aware and do the best we can to give life meaning and get some sort of order, organize, we prefer from the mess our previous actions created.

Spring is the season to turn our swords into plows and till the soil. Not ruin the soil so we can no longer grow any food.

if people find their happyness only while fighting or arguing brainless for even more deadly weapons under private control or spreading white supremacy ideas while bashing common and not extreme (right or populistic) media i can just express my regret! is this the real america ?

if people find their happyness only while fighting or arguing brainless for even more deadly weapons under private control or spreading white supremacy ideas while bashing common and not extreme (right or populistic) media i can just express my regret! is this the real america ?

The media is biased. That is a fact. There is no such thing as 'honest journalism' any more. That too, is a thing of the past. You are a fine example of just what that biased media leads to. The whole "I am right, and you are batguano crazy, because you don't agree with me."

You grew up in an entirely different culture, so, I am willing to cut you SOME slack for your opinions, but, you have repeatedly put forward that anyone that supports our constitutional right to bear arms is some form of 'white supremacist', or some other variety of 'low character'. Doesn't matter what anyone else says, if it doesn't agree with your 'disarm the masses so only the government has guns' rhetoric, then they are obviously some ultra-right wing conservative, and should be taken out and shot......

So, I am simply going to ignore anything you have to say on this topic in the future, as you have zero experience with it, have no clue what a 'constitutional right' means, seem to think that government/police can 'protect you'. (which they obviously can't) and seem to think that the answer to any threat is to run away, and hide behind someone else. You can't get any different from american values than that.

People like xrayy, make it hard to be allies. I actually do ... somewhat ... agree with them, although I agree more with modder3434, in the sense that current American culture is far from ideal. Although I don't agree that even the founders of America were pillars of virtue. Everything xrayy claimed is verifiably and historically false, but the founding fathers were wealthy land owners and aritocrats who simply hated the British Empire way of life, not exactly the "best" the world had to offer.

But why do people like xrayy and Hack' always seem to instantly revert to vile epithets, imprecations and labels, as well as instantly "dehumanising" anyone who doesn't agree with their point of view? It's the exact same type of totalitarianism and racial / moral supremacy they accuse others of having, and practically a play by play of Mein Kampf.

Malcolm-X was quite right, at least when he stated that their greatest threat was people like xrayy and Hack'.