Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

I also got one from Sapphire and the bug occurs quite often. I think something in the engine of the game is messing with the drivers from the graphic card, I got the failure on AMD and on Nvidia..can´t be a coincidence

It´s sad Bethesda did´t comment this problem..When I buy a game I want to play it without any software related issues and not be the beta tester..not a nice way to treat your customers..

The other platforms have problems as well but our problem got the biggest impact I think..

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense guys, but try to keep this thread on topic. ITT Skyrim is making our video card drivers / video card shut down. Not a simple crash to desktop. It's very different and a lot more serious. There are other threads related to your issues.

I was refering to the PC crashing problem, was the other person not? English is not my native language.

I was saying the complete computer crash is a game problem, so mod tools may be used to fix the issue.

Edited by BarderothReturns

Let´s sum it up:

The error occurs on:

- 32 and 64bit systems

- ATI and Nvidia systems

- Desktop and mobile systems

- AMD and Intel systems

- for my part is not reproducible, happens totally random in different locations and on all software settings from Skyrim, sometimes i can play for a few hours and nothing happens the next moment it crashes constantly after some minutes till the user gives up ;)

Fixes:

- tried all of the suggested fixes on this thread (without underglocking cuz my GPU reacheas 61°C at peak)

- none helped me in any way..can´t say it took longer

- patch..please?

@BarderothReturns

I think he meant carmichael11 & RulerMan whom suffer from CTD´s and not complete shutdowns..

Also sorry for my English, it´s not my native language..

Edited by thelarsen

Played last night black screen crash free for like 5 hours, was doing stuff in Whiterun, having fun with enchanting and stuff. Then I went on to Krosis (discovered his location few days ago) and fought him like 15 times trying different things. Still no crash.

Then I decided to go somewhere new, go do some discovering. So I went to some random new place, I was riding around for like 15 minutes and then black screen hit me. Fml. Off to BF3 or something.

Also it doesn't matter wether I have high or low settings. And tbh I got more crashes while playing on low settings so this is totally ridicolous.

Edited by Qcio

I refunded my game today.

This is is completely ridiculous to pay 60 dollars for beta software that is near breaking my computer.

I played the first day with it crashing (black screen-reboot) every 1-1.5 hours... that was.... bearable.

the second day, and 3rd it would crash (black screen-reboot) my pc every 5mins, 10 at best.

I will be downloading the game elsewhere and spending my 60 dollars on another game who's developers id like to support. ive played a whole lot of pc games and i have NEVER had such a bad experience playing any game ever. Infact i dont think ive ever had a game reboot my computer, ive had to shut it down a few times before when a game wouldnt ctrl-alt-delete and even that is very, very rare.

This just makes me soooo pissed off, i wasted my entire weekend reading threads, tutorials, fixes, this that. who is going to pay me for that time?

This is the one and only time i feel that downloading this game elsewhere is acceptable and should be encouraged for all.

The company releasing this game is complete bull-s***. Even the people on 360 - ps3 are having issues.

I am so pissed off to have to force shut down my massive computer with 5 hard-disks running and tons of equipment.

is Bethesda going to buy me new drives if they break due having my pc reboot itself? are you bethesda?

Edited by brotha1

I have been following this post since it started (due to having the same issue). I haven't read every page but in the beginning, it was pointed out that everyone reporting the issue was using a 32 or 64 Win 7 OS.

I decided to test on XP Pro SP3 and the game actually crashes even faster on there. I've sent my own ticket to Bethesda and got a response via email to send them my DxDiag.txt file but I haven't heard back since

I sent it (its been about 3 days). Can someone confirm that this issue is happening with all installation methods (digital download and cd/dvd)? My copy is digital from direct2drive.

Edited by Falthos

Let´s sum it up:

The error occurs on:

- 32 and 64bit systems

- ATI and Nvidia systems

- Desktop and mobile systems

- AMD and Intel systems

- for my part is not reproducible, happens totally random in different locations and on all software settings from Skyrim, sometimes i can play for a few hours and nothing happens the next moment it crashes constantly after some minutes till the user gives up ;)

Fixes:

- tried all of the suggested fixes on this thread (without underglocking cuz my GPU reacheas 61°C at peak)

- none helped me in any way..can´t say it took longer

- patch..please?

@BarderothReturns

I think he meant carmichael11 & RulerMan whom suffer from CTD´s and not complete shutdowns..

Also sorry for my English, it´s not my native language..

something like this should be in the first post