Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a lot of us, including me, own a Radeon 6870..

Just for fun I´m gonna try it on my laptop..should be able to play it on medium..Intel + Nvidia working there

Yeah, either 6870, or 6950.

It can't be entirely related to that though. There are plenty of people with those 2 video cards who can play it just fine.

F that, I'm not buying Skyrim until I see update patch. Before release mod tools need fix unplayable game.

Clear as day rush game out the door. Crash errors and bug count keep rising everyday. >_<

I wouldn't say that, we may be able to fix the issue ourselves when they release the mod tools, seeing as the issue is with the game itself.

i was having isues with the game crashing to desktop no fixes with dll files helped so I removed them back out. then using navidia managed the 3D setings on the game to force of vertical sync and turned textur filtering to performance seting now ok ... no crashes to desk top

3Gh

4 g RAM

vista sp2

Ge force GTS 450

I'm having some problems with Skyrim. sometimes the game freezes without apparent reason. i need to hit ctr+alt+del and restart the game to be able to play again. this happened in the beggining of the game,as soon as you cross the bridge and the rock drops on it, then the guy starts talking, the game just freezes up.any ideas why this happens? there is any fix for this? Edited by RulerMan

F that, I'm not buying Skyrim until I see update patch. Before release mod tools need fix unplayable game. Clear as day rush game out the door. Crash errors and bug count keep rising everyday. >_<
I wouldn't say that, we may be able to fix the issue ourselves when they release the mod tools, seeing as the issue is with the game itself.

i was having isues with the game crashing to desktop no fixes with dll files helped so I removed them back out. then using navidia managed the 3D setings on the game to force of vertical sync and turned textur filtering to performance seting now ok ... no crashes to desk top3Gh4 g RAMvista sp2Ge force GTS 450

No offense guys, but try to keep this thread on topic. ITT Skyrim is making our video card drivers / video card shut down. Not a simple crash to desktop. It's very different and a lot more serious. There are other threads related to your issues.

i was having isues with the game crashing to desktop no fixes with dll files helped so I removed them back out. then using navidia managed the 3D setings on the game to force of vertical sync and turned textur filtering to performance seting now ok ... no crashes to desk top3Gh4 g RAMvista sp2Ge force GTS 450

I'm having some problems with Skyrim. sometimes the game freezes without apparent reason. i need to hit ctr+alt+del and restart the game to be able to play again. this happened in the beggining of the game,as soon as you cross the bridge and the rock drops on it, then the guy starts talking, the game just freezes up.any ideas why this happens? there is any fix for this?

You both seem to have different issues then the one in this thread, so any solutions posted here will probably not really help you (I suggest you look somewhere else).

We were specifically talking about Skyrim shutting down the PC or forcing you to restart your PC (Due to issue with the video card). If "just" the game crashes, it's a different bug.

Edited by Guest

Same here, after some time the monitor would be "no signal" then I have to restart my pc to make it back to normal, apparently updating my driver to 11.11 only made it worse, with only 10 seconds of playing into the game then *poof*, its no signal for me again. My specs are ati 4650 and Win 7 64 bit, seems like this only happens to 64 bit players, I hope that Bethesda or AMD will provide a fix for us gamers soon, we've been waiting a lot of time and saving a lot of money for this game only to have something like this affect our gaming experience.