• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

OminousVoice

OminousVoice

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
Ok, I got everything smooth until step 10. I changed the formID on my duplicated CNTO entry, but it wouldn't save. Each time I reopened it to check, the formID reverted to the original.

You might want to add "click the blank button next to the formID to confirm the change." to step 10

Moogiefluff

Moogiefluff

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
What's the procedure for exporting/importing animations? Is that possible yet?

Ghogiel

Ghogiel

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,647 posts

What's the procedure for exporting/importing animations? Is that possible yet?

export with havok content tools. use version 2010.2, unverified workflow as of yet. but it should be straightforward enough

HSovieticus

HSovieticus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
not sure what to do for helmets. my helmet has 4 MODLs and it doesn't say which is what.

Ghogiel

Ghogiel

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,647 posts

not sure what to do for helmets. my helmet has 4 MODLs and it doesn't say which is what.

yeah me either. I am guessing it's to do with Male/female/orc/argonian/khajiit versions. but yeah funk entry, probs because it's different to F3/ob data it's not read fully.

NoAardvarksAllowed

NoAardvarksAllowed

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 636 posts

you open a skyrim mesh of similiar properties, aka a sword if you want to port a sword in nifskope with throttlekitties new nif.xml installed inside your nifskope directory (get it here: http://dl.dropbox.co...ifTools/nif.xml)

Could someone please help me and explain how to install the new nif.xml in my nifscope directory, preferably in words a slow 5-year old would understand.

My plan is to use this guide to make a new silver ingot to replace the existing one, since it uses the iron ingot's texture. But currently I can't open the ingotsilver.nif.

Ghogiel

Ghogiel

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,647 posts
You just copy and paste the nif.xml into the niftools\nifkope\ directory. Overwriting and replacing the one that is there.

NoAardvarksAllowed

NoAardvarksAllowed

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 636 posts
Thanks, worked great and was easier than I thought.

HSovieticus

HSovieticus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
I'm having some difficulty.. for some reason i can't seem to create a new item. i don't know what goes wrong, but i keep getting errors when i try to use 'player.additem' with the new item's FormID; i don't remember exactly, but it tells me something about it being non-valid or something. so i'm only able to get textures and meshes to appear in-game by replacing an existing item's files (nif & dds). anyone else had this problem with the FormIDs?

as an aside, does anyone know which entries in skyrim.esm are responsible for resizing helmets to fit the characters head?

Tivoko

Tivoko

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 356 posts
Alright, excuse me if this is a stupid question since I'm new to nifskope, but I'm trying to learn.

I want to port over a shield from Oblivion and I've gotten the mesh imported over a skyrim shield, but I'm not sure the UV data carried over. When I right click the mesh and go to texture>edit UV it says "Could not load texture data for UV editor."

I'm at a loss for what to do.

Edited by DM Veil, 26 November 2011 - 04:32 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.022 seconds