E-Cigarette and Vaping, For and Against

Dazaster

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dazaster, is the tobacco flavoring optional? Do they make cannabis flavored nicotine?

Friend of mine makes hash oil out of his pot that he grows (legally), and puts that in the tank. Holy Smoke...... :D

This just made me think of the Camberwell Carrot!

Ok, that's an interesting reference. :) Never heard of that one before. (Yes, I looked it up. :D )

Dazaster, is the tobacco flavoring optional? Do they make cannabis flavored nicotine?

Friend of mine makes hash oil out of his pot that he grows (legally), and puts that in the tank. Holy Smoke...... :D

This just made me think of the Camberwell Carrot!

Ok, that's an interesting reference. :smile: Never heard of that one before. (Yes, I looked it up. :D )

Have you not seen this film? You have not yet met uncle Monty?! Dude, you must watch this film! So hilarious :laugh:

They do make liquids that are supposed to taste like cannabis, but people say they don't really taste like it at all. So a waste of time unless you spend £200 or so on a herb vape device. I prefer strawberries anyway.

For anyone that wants to actually save money and doesn't care about some trendy, hipster fad like "vaping", get a cigarette rolling machine, buy your own tobacco and filters. I did the math and I can make my own for about 80 cents a pack. Which is 4x cheaper than even cheap brand cigarettes around here. The rolling machine only cost me about $30. The reason rolling your own is so much cheaper is they don't place the same tax on raw tobacco as they do packs of cigarettes. I'm just paying the state sales tax on the raw tobacco and filters. About $13 for a bag of tobacco big enough to roll 2 cartons worth. Tubes are about $1.50 for 200. So that's how I figure about 80 cents a pack.

It's true rolling your own is way cheaper than pre-made, but you still stink. Of tabacco. And you'll be coughing. And still poisoning yourself with every drag.

AND STILL SPENDING WAY, WAY MORE MONEY.

50g Golden Virginia tabacco is over £19. Then filters and papers another £2. So £21. A week.

Vape starter kit including a tank, battery and charger - £16. Then juice. £3. Set of 5 coils - £6. So £25 for the first week.

Thereafter, lets say you vape extra heavy and go through 2 bottles of juice a week - £6.

Buy another set of coils once a month.

So that's £12 a month. As opposed to £84. Good math.

And at the end of the day, it's about quitting smoking, not about being hip and trendy. Or money.

A carton of a brand that will remain nameless..right now is anywhere from 20-35 dollars per carton.

That is an expensive habit.

Now the e-things aren't cheap though I'd say they are perhaps a bit less. You're having less..leafy crap and more concentrate.

The tobacco/cig companies are really struggling compared to say..20 years ago. Especially in the less rural areas. I still think if people quit it is usually money not health.

My Mother smoked and it is what killed her in the end. Even when the doctor told her it would she couldn't stop.

Now my day, once he had quit drinking for a while stopped smoking also..man he was meaner then that when he quit the juice. He told me that it was harder to quit that, than to stop drinking. I have heard that from many other various addicts.

Still though the tobacco lobbyist are still one of the strongest, richest and most powerful around. If e-cigs get hammered by the FDA it is probably less about health concerns and more about the lobbyist. Forgive my cynicism.

It's well known that kicking nicotine is harder for some heroin addicts than kicking heroin. Studies also indicate virtually nobody starts smoking tobacco after the age of 18, it's almost exlusively a peer-pressure thing as teenagers, or due to family environment etc. If we can keep teens from starting, they rarely do as adults.

It's well known that kicking nicotine is harder for some heroin addicts than kicking heroin. Studies also indicate virtually nobody starts smoking tobacco after the age of 18, it's almost exlusively a peer-pressure thing as teenagers, or due to family environment etc. If we can keep teens from starting, they rarely do as adults.

There are a LOT fewer smokers now, than there were back when I was a teen....... Although, you would never guess that by the number of tobacco shops around here..... (they sell vaping supplies as well.)