This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Ultimately you've downloaded over 3,300 mods in your time here, 160 of which have been this year alone. It's a shame you feel the way you do considering how much you have used the site.

Ultimately you've downloaded over 3,300 mods in your time here, 160 of which have been this year alone. It's a shame you feel the way you do considering how much you have used the site.

Dark0ne, thank you for noticing my feedback. I always loved Nexus, thank you for your work on it, and like I said, I've used it for 12 years, and I will still use it if I can since it dominates the modding scene for the games I love. I've even considered going premium in certain months when I followed massive mod guides, like Lexy's, that send you to download hundreds of mods for it to work, and can take a very long wait time to download, with download errors as well, and to show my support as well. Until this change I felt I had no reason to complain, but this is a modification that I feel is going too far, and has blown away my joining premium thoughts for now.

Adds I understand, slow speed, okay, I get it, but to be constantly reminded on every single file of every single mod for ten seconds that the download is slow is nerve-racking. Is this the right attitude to convince people to join premium? Sure, some people will give up and pay to escape that annoyance, although its a weird motivation to pay premium, when it should be about supporting something you like, but what about the people that maybe can't afford premium right now, or the ones that download just a few mods, or follow a guide once and go away for months/years, and aren't such a massive strain on the site. Should we feel like the enemy every single time we download a single file?

Even the way you mention the fact that I've downloaded so many mods, it looks like you are confirming what I said in my previous reply, that we" are the enemy, we are the rude ones, the evil greedy ones, that don't want to pay up monthly to get free mods", and to add now, also ungrateful. We are all fans of great mods and awesome mod makers, just wanting to have some fun.

Edited by dreamer2008

Guest deleted34304850

a simple, casual user - downloaded over 3k mods.

there's another name i can think of for that kind of casual user.

• 2 weeks later...

At a time where most people are actually stuck in side there house, with nothing to do and turn to videogames, do you really think its a good idea to waste people's time and hard pressed money by spamming messages about premium?

If this wasn't a planned thing then i'm sorry, but times are already stressful now and if anything more people will be using nexus than ever.

Edited by Lamarrio

At a time where most people are actually stuck in side there house, with nothing to do and turn to videogames, do you really think its a good idea to waste people's time and hard pressed money by spamming messages about premium?

If this wasn't a planned thing then i'm sorry, but times are already stressful now and if anything more people will be using nexus than ever.

Sorry I didn't mean to lash out, i'm just stressed at home in quarantine and wanted to play fallout 4 to relax but then I saw that message about premium which I cant afford now and it just threw me over the edge.

Thank you for all the work you put into the Nexus website over the years, I really appreciate everything you do for us players

Sorry I didn't mean to lash out, i'm just stressed at home in quarantine and wanted to play fallout 4 to relax but then I saw that message about premium which I cant afford now and it just threw me over the edge.

Thank you for all the work you put into the Nexus website over the years, I really appreciate everything you do for us players

You can still play (provided you have enough money to purchase your games) ... you can still mod (downloading mods still requires the same amount of money as it did before). Look at it through the other end of the telescope ... one thing you do have more of right now is time. Maybe you spend some of that commodity in ways you couldn't before, seize the opportunity, so to speak.

I noticed that since 22 March YouTube links added in a post/private message through the YT "Share" link give an error when trying to play the video on The Nexus.

Still working fine for me right now in latest Safari. Is it maybe just a specific browser the error occurs in? Or what (kind of) error is it anyways and where is it shown?

I noticed that since 22 March YouTube links added in a post/private message through the YT "Share" link give an error when trying to play the video on The Nexus.

Still working fine for me right now in latest Safari. Is it maybe just a specific browser the error occurs in? Or what (kind of) error is it anyways and where is it shown?

Was just coming back to report all's fine again, albeit a little hesitant still. Thanks for looking into it :wink:

It was the usual YT error saying an error ocurred during playback and please try again a bit later. Videos worked fine on YT itself. But the Nexus site has been acting sluggish on and off for the last couple of days.

Was just coming back to report all's fine again, albeit a little hesitant still. Thanks for looking into it :wink:

Didn't really do anything but click play. Just wanted to gather some more info for the devs, for if it actually is an issue.