SKSE

Lodbrok

Theoretically speaking wouldn't SKSE 64 not even be needed once Creation Club comes out? All you have to do is recompile your scripts and work with Bethesda to see if it can be put in as a native Papyrus script rather than relying on DLL script hooking whenever you download the mod from the CC.

So in a way, Creation Club IS SKSE 64 as it adds the required scripts to have something like Frostfall/Campfire/Last Seed's features fully run (the bars and toggleable settings in a menu rather than books/spells) like its on Oldrim with SKSE but without actually needing an MCM or script extender because CC gives all that natively.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by steve40

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theoretically speaking wouldn't SKSE 64 not even be needed once Creation Club comes out? All you have to do is recompile your scripts and work with Bethesda to see if it can be put in as a native Papyrus script rather than relying on DLL script hooking whenever you download the mod from the CC.

So in a way, Creation Club IS SKSE 64 as it adds the required scripts to have something like Frostfall/Campfire/Last Seed's features fully run (the bars and toggleable settings in a menu rather than books/spells) like its on Oldrim with SKSE but without actually needing an MCM or script extender because CC gives all that natively.

Currently existing mods cannot be "recompiled" and then shipped via the Creation Club. Only brand new projects are allowed to be submitted.

The official description is:

Creation Club is a collection of all-new content for both Fallout 4 and Skyrim. It features new items, abilities, and gameplay created by Bethesda Games Studios and outside development partners including the best community creators. Creation Club content is fully curated and compatible with the main game and official add-ons.

As I understand it, the Creation Club things are essentially official DLC whose creation has been outsourced. These items or other gameplay elements are then going to be released via Bethesda.

According to them, the benefits in having this content released by Bethesda itself are manifold. Since these are basically official DLC, you will have the support from Bethesda for bugs; these things will also be integrated seamlessly into the game, and will be available on all platforms; and since you're paying for this content, it will be high quality.

(The following is just my own theory.) There also may be the possibility of incorporating other Bethesda properties. They do not allow assets from other games to be used in mods for different games, so someone might have the idea to bring some Oblivion weapons into Skyrim, and Bethesda may allow that since they are releasing this content themselves.

Someone could make a weapon, or a new quest with a special area, or a house, or any number of those types of things. There are already a bunch of such mods that don't depend on SKSE. I don't understand where you got "Creation Club IS SKSE 64" from.

You've had the long, detailed answers above - so I'll keep it short.

No, it doesn't work like that.

Sounds to me like CC will best be used by quest type of modders. I heard Trainwiz signed up. I'll definitely pay for something polished from him.

*laughs*

Explain :)

I'm willing to defend myself... with no hard feelings. I love that guy's mods.

On a sidenote though, I'm relieved it'll just be new projects. I don't want to pay for old ones.

The probability of quest mods that involve extremely high costs with VAs, translations, country specific VAs and so on is .. slim.

I'm confused. We're partly already there, and with free mods.

Although I doubt country specific VAs would be a priority even with this.

The probability of quest mods that involve extremely high costs with VAs, translations, country specific VAs and so on is .. slim.

I'm confused. We're partly already there, and with free mods.

Although I doubt country specific VAs would be a priority even with this.

Official content requires that. Where you are with free mods is irrelevant to CC.

Edited by Ethreon