I Got Banned

buddah

May I please get in contact with a moderator concerning my ban from the chat room?

Thanks!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First rule in chat room:

• If a member of staff (noticeable by the colour of their names; blue, green or red) tells you to stop doing something then stop doing it. Don't argue about it as you'll probably get banned.

You must have missed that one. And you missed Dark0ne's clear message:

"All we're actually looking for is a "Sorry this happened, I've read the rules now and understand what I did wrong and I won't do it again". Very few people own up to their mistakes and that's why they remain banned."

There wasn't TIME for any sort of argument, nor did I even get time to finish my response. "lol" was already in my chat box after the page was refreshing, and while I was typing a response to his initial kick, I was banned. You must have missed the part where I didn't actually break any of the listed rules. The chat log is there. The rules are there. No rules were broken based on that chat log.

Will I apologize for my initial comment and subject matter? Absolutely. Does this chat log take what was being said out of context? Yes it does. There was no "warning" given. There was attitude and a general sense of superiority by Micalov, which can be seen clear as day. As I said above, the attitude here is all one sided. If you're going to defend this sort of behaviour by the staff, at least have a valid argument other than "Look what was said by someone else that doesn't pertain to your situation!".

I think you miss the point.

"All we're actually looking for is a "Sorry this happened, I've read the rules now and understand what I did wrong and I won't do it again". Very few people own up to their mistakes and that's why they remain banned."

Somewhere in that statement is a way out of this.

I think you miss the point.

Somewhere in that statement is a way out of this.

I did own up to my "mistake". Let me spell it out for you:

I'm sorry I commented on an unflattering topic in chat.

What was said STILL didn't warrant the public posting, or the disrespect by Micolav, or the banning.

The terms of service are also covered in the chat.

Including this

Through your use of any Nexus site you agree that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, related to piracy, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of UK law. Know that in severe cases legal action can be taken against you

and this

Nexus site staff
Nexus sites are owned and maintained by Robin Scott (member name "Dark0ne"). Robin is regarded as “the law” on Nexus sites and he has the final say on any action that might need to be taken regarding a breach of the terms of service for any Nexus site. What Robin says goes irrespective of whether there has been a breach of the terms of service or not.

Nexus sites and the forums are staffed by un-paid volunteers (known as “moderators” and "staff") who work hard to insure the smooth operation of Nexus sites and encourage a healthy community. The moderators and other admin on the site have been given specific privileges by Robin to keep the site clean of the bad articles listed in these terms and use their own personal judgement, that Robin trusts, to come to decisions.

These moderators have a right to carry out their task without harassment, insult or hassle. Members who believe that a member of staff is not conducting themselves properly should get in contact with Robin via the forums or email. Know that if Robin receives word of any members harassing or being rude to Nexus site staff then he will take every action possible to permanently remove them from his sites.

continuing to argue about this on here, does nothing to help your case.

The terms of service are also covered in the chat.

Including this

Through your use of any Nexus site you agree that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, related to piracy, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of UK law. Know that in severe cases legal action can be taken against you

and this

Nexus site staff

Nexus sites are owned and maintained by Robin Scott (member name "Dark0ne"). Robin is regarded as “the law” on Nexus sites and he has the final say on any action that might need to be taken regarding a breach of the terms of service for any Nexus site. What Robin says goes irrespective of whether there has been a breach of the terms of service or not.

Nexus sites and the forums are staffed by un-paid volunteers (known as “moderators” and "staff") who work hard to insure the smooth operation of Nexus sites and encourage a healthy community. The moderators and other admin on the site have been given specific privileges by Robin to keep the site clean of the bad articles listed in these terms and use their own personal judgement, that Robin trusts, to come to decisions.

These moderators have a right to carry out their task without harassment, insult or hassle. Members who believe that a member of staff is not conducting themselves properly should get in contact with Robin via the forums or email. Know that if Robin receives word of any members harassing or being rude to Nexus site staff then he will take every action possible to permanently remove them from his sites.

continuing to argue about this on here, does nothing to help your case.

I believe I'm starting to see the meaning of what you folks are saying. Let me see if i understand:

The Moderators here on Nexus are beyond reproach, do no wrong, never unjustly ban anyone, shall never be questioned, their opinions are dogmatic, and any decision by any mod or Admin is always parallel with truth, justice, and the American/U.K. Way.

In other words, when Nexus staff treat someone like crap, it's alright because they are covered by the above TOS blanket clause.

Fine. I'll shut my mouth. I enjoy modding my games too much to actually jeopardize my account privileges. Still, this doesn't make what's going on here right, and will deter people from posting anything constructive (especially me) in the future because we can never tell when a moderating staff member is having a bad day and is feeling a little ban-happy. I feel like I have to watch my back now on Nexus, since I guess I painted a big red bullseye on my back by bringing this up. Thanks for the paranoia.

When dealing with people it always pays to be polite and courteous, even if you think they've wronged you. By going off on one all you do is put people on the defensive, this applies with all lifes dealings. Bank screw up? call, be polite and you'll find the person on the other end is a lot more helpful than they would be with someone turning everything into a huge drama. It's amazing what a few deep breaths and counting to ten before acting can do, problems get resolved quicker and stress levels stay low.

When dealing with people it always pays to be polite and courteous, even if you think they've wronged you.

That right there is gold. Thanks Jim_uk :thumbsup:

^^ So true. ^^

@Dragonmourne; And so is the fact that Dark0ne (and all the Staff here) is still human, and perfectly willing to acknowledge that we sometimes make mistakes. Dark0ne is always willing to review a particular situation IN PRIVATE. It's the discussing of Staff action in the public forums that has drawn the admonishments and placed your account on the edge.

All we're actually looking for is a "Sorry this happened, I've read the rules now and understand what I did wrong and I won't do it again".

Sounds so reasonable but I know someone who was banned because a discussion got out of hand and he replied to an insult when he was told to drop it by a mod. He was labelled as a troll and an insulter here in the banned forum and his appeal was denied. He admits he was fairly banned because the mod just wanted the discussion to end, so why was his appeal denied? Why was he painted as so loathsome?

I believe you see anyone who is banned as horrible people who the site can do without and, to be fair, you're probably right most of the time and don't have the time to investigate individual cases (there are many bans daily). So why the appeal process? Is anyone ever unbanned? I ask because I didn't see his appeal but I saw the personal message he sent to you Dark0ne and it was well in line with what you wrote above.

Edited by LeanWolf