[LE] Skyrim Tutorials

Is there any more extensive tutorial on dialogues?

For a riddle quest, I want to do something like "Ask the guards of Whiterun, each gives one and only one hint (until we run out of hints)."

I think I can do something like that with topic conditions (Give Hint1 at Stage 71 and increase Stage to 72, Hint2 at Stage 72 and increase to 73... Hint9 at Stage 79 and increase to 80..,. Everyone who gave an answer joins faction "noMoreAnswersFromMe"...), but it feels like there should be a more elegant way (and using queststages for this, feels like abusing them).

On the other hand I'd like the player being able to ask/consult the quest giver about the hints allready known (ask about hint1 if Stage>=72, hint 9 if Stage>=80) and give a mayor clue to the player, if given enough consultation. I can add a script with nothing in it, except a counter, increased by papyrus-fragments, that sets another stage if counter>x, allowing for more dialogues. Again this feels pretty awkward.

Any good tutorial on this?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you use existing assets in created meshes? I want to take a bunch of existing models and mash them together, like how a bunch of the armors in Immersive Armors are made, but I haven't been able to find any documentation on how IA was made, nor can I find any tutorial that explains the process used to do something like that (or if I did find it, it didn't explain its uses and it was so vague to the point that it seemed like completely irrelevant garbage). Can someone point me in the direction of what I want to look at? Searching threads with a measly ten posts per page and a 15 second search cooldown is suffering.

I would PM the Hoth-man on how he does it. He is a pretty reasonable and may be able to point you in the right direction. If he isn't busy, of course.

• 2 months later...

I've been doing tutorials on My Youtube channel
This one seems to went over fairly well.

It on how to create Standalone Followers using the Make A Follower Kit (recently on Hot Files)

Could you add this one?

Edited by MightyNINE

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still follow and direct a few people to this topic (and a few others) as it is good, but guess the wiki is the place to go? The thread was started in 2012 and the last few posts were earlier this year - so perhaps not quite dead yet... but I agree that an updated, more centralised and easily searched system of tutorials, resources etc, including some stuff from the forums, is much needed.

It does not help that the wiki interface, while very informative, is also a bit dated and is not overly user friendly in terms of adding and linking content either. Have the same problems at work actually and suppose it is the case when things are 'free'... hmmm... well, it's now on my list of things to try help with!

• 2 weeks later...