Simple manual load ordering plz

firsTraveler

Grestorn, HeyYou has been very open about the fact that he understands the rule-based system of LOOT/Vortex, but would simply prefer manual drag and drop load ordering. For him (from my understanding), it's down to preference, rather than a debate over which is more or less wrong. We do not need to prolong this debate based on any sort of misunderstanding as to how the system works and I don't think we need to do another twenty rounds as to how Vortex does things, else we'll invoke a "cyclical error" on this thread :wink:

Correct. :) Thank You.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having the problem: "Cyclic interaction detected between plugins "Underrides" and "Vault-Tec Historical Preservation Initiative". Back cycle: Vault-Tec Historical Preservation Initiative , Fixes, Texture Overhauls, Companions, default, Scrap Corpse Highlighting, Underrides". First, what the hell is/are Underrides? I don't have anything like that. I also do not have Vault-Tec Historical Preservation Initiative or anything from Creation Club (CC) or Scrap Corpse Highlighting but these things keep preventing Vortex/Loot from sorting. I can't delete them because they came with Vortex and no matter where I put them in the order I get the error. I even tried leaving them out of the order and still get a cyclic error. I haven't been able to use my mods for several days. Any ideas? Oh, and I connected a line from DLC to CC and now I cannot remove it, it is grey, as is the line from Initiative to Underrides. When I set the groups for any reasonable load order I still get the error. Sometime I cannot put a line from one to another unless I select a different order. Is there a basic instruction or tutorial that explains any of this? Any help?

Well according to the Group window, if you right click on a line/node it removes the rule/group

Have you tried that?

I don't want to mess with that yet until I have full knowledge of what it does.

Not sure what underrides are either, and definitely not sure what Vault-Tec Historical Preservation Initiative is

You cannot remove a group that is native to Vortex. If you create a group, you can delete it. I found I can delete the lines if they are grey by making the line again then it turns color and I can delete it.

Try purging your mod setup. It does seem to reset installation order of mods, it might help reset groups.

@Tannin42: Standalone LOOT allows user metadata to be reset. Is it planned for Vortex?

I did that. Now I have to reassign some of the mods to groups again. It put most of them in default.

Try purging your mod setup. It does seem to reset installation order of mods, it might help reset groups.

@Tannin42: Standalone LOOT allows user metadata to be reset. Is it planned for Vortex?

I did that. Now I have to reassign some of the mods to groups again. It put most of them in default.

You're obfuscating the point of this entire thread by turning it into your own personal troubleshooting thread.

Don't hijack, make your own thread.

Chiming in just to propose to both sides of the debate to meet each other half way. Tannin, would it be possible to add to the UI a simple drag and drop feature that automates the creation of a rule, without actually touching the current rules system? That way we would get *both* features, each side uses what works best for them and everyone is happy.

[slap me hard if this has been already brought up but I can't really read through 30+ pages]

Chiming in just to propose to both sides of the debate to meet each other half way. Tannin, would it be possible to add to the UI a simple drag and drop feature that automates the creation of a rule, without actually touching the current rules system? That way we would get *both* features, each side uses what works best for them and everyone is happy.

[slap me hard if this has been already brought up but I can't really read through 30+ pages]

You can already drag and drop to create rules, only they are relative, not absolute. It´s not going to get better than this.

That's something I proposed - Currently there is small icon you can drag from one plugin to another and in popup you choose Load After - done. I suggested making it able to drag the whole line not just the icon. You'd be able to drag the plugin name making it much more like manual.

I think Tannin said that would be difficult to implement.