Simple manual load ordering plz

firsTraveler

I've answered that twice already, by posting the link to this thread called "How to edit rules in italics", where I've been reporting what Vortex is telling me, and now Tannin has accused me of "Not putting any effort into helping", and accusing my posts of being "chaos", even though I've just been telling him what vortex is reporting.

When you post multiple replies to a single response of Tannin's, reference colours that don't exist in your post and don't answer all of the questions asked you are posting chaos. You yourself admit you went off track and then blame others for this.

I think you perhaps suffer from clicking the "post" button before you've properly read through what you've written and what you've been asked to respond to. In your head, I think you know what you want to say and think what you've written is going to make sense to others. But it doesn't. That is why you're getting increasingly frustrated responses, because honestly, that thread is a mess of misinformation and unanswered questions spread out across multiple posts that were unnecessary. It's all very flustered, as though you're in such a rush to get the information out that you're not including everything you've been asked to.

Take a step back, take a deep breath, don't rush, and focus on the problem and what you've been asked to provide. People are trying to help you.

Irrespective, that thread does not provide a good argument for manual sorting at this time. All we know is that something is wrong with your load order, and we don't know if it's something you've done or something Vortex/LOOT has done. We have no idea what conclusions we can pull from that thread until we get to the bottom of what exactly is going on, which we can only do with your cooperation.

By the way, you've got half of my post quoted, and half of HeyYou's post quoted, was that your intention?
Because it was a little confusing to read responses to something I didn't write.

Yes, it's intentional. It saves having to make multiple posts and clogging this thread up even more. If you didn't write it, you don't need to respond to it (unless you have something relevant to say).

Ok thanks.

I've posted the relevant information in the other thread as clearly as possible now, and still caught hell for posting my load order from a different location than what another user told me, yet the load order.txts are identical.

With the example given, in the other thread, there should be no reason for a cyclic or back-cyclic thing to occur, and that is the perfect example for manual sorting right there.

Because I could drag Armorsmith Extended.esp below VIS-G Item Sorting.esp and be done with it.

But Vortex is refusing to allow it.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I've been asking for is the ability to manually sort, for occasions where it's the only solution to fix the load order.

All we're asking for is for you to provide us a use-case where manual sorting is the only solution to fix your load order. It's really, really hard to get that information from you because you write extremely convoluted responses that often tend to not answer the questions we've asked, or not provide nearly enough detail for us to answer properly.

You think we're not listening, we think you're not giving us enough of the right information to the questions we're asking.

There isn't one. Vortex pretty much has it covered. (which has been already pointed out) Drag and drop is pure user preference. That's it. Apparently, some folks want it. You folks don't want to implement it. I don't need to be psychic to see who is going to win this one.

I wanted to stay out of this, but now I have to ask HadToRegister:

What do you expect to happen once you've drag'n dropped a plugin?

What do you expect to happen with your dragged and dropped plugins when you change anything else (like enabling another mod)?

If I like where it's at, I'll set up a rule to keep it there. If I don't, I will find someplace that I DO like it, and do the same.

I wanted to stay out of this, but now I have to ask HadToRegister:

What do you expect to happen once you've drag'n dropped a plugin?

What do you expect to happen with your dragged and dropped plugins when you change anything else (like enabling another mod)?

If I like where it's at, I'll set up a rule to keep it there. If I don't, I will find someplace that I DO like it, and do the same.

I am having the problem: "Cyclic interaction detected between plugins "Underrides" and "Vault-Tec Historical Preservation Initiative". Back cycle: Vault-Tec Historical Preservation Initiative , Fixes, Texture Overhauls, Companions, default, Scrap Corpse Highlighting, Underrides". First, what the hell is/are Underrides? I don't have anything like that. I also do not have Vault-Tec Historical Preservation Initiative or anything from Creation Club (CC) or Scrap Corpse Highlighting but these things keep preventing Vortex/Loot from sorting. I can't delete them because they came with Vortex and no matter where I put them in the order I get the error. I even tried leaving them out of the order and still get a cyclic error. I haven't been able to use my mods for several days. Any ideas? Oh, and I connected a line from DLC to CC and now I cannot remove it, it is grey, as is the line from Initiative to Underrides. When I set the groups for any reasonable load order I still get the error. Sometime I cannot put a line from one to another unless I select a different order. Is there a basic instruction or tutorial that explains any of this? Any help?

Edited by reconphil

You can enable index lock and then change the index, that has exactly the same effect as drag&dropping and then locking the index.

OK, then I will suggest/request a much easier way to see which plugins are indexed locked, rather than having to double-click on each one individually, I'm suggesting/requesting that it should be placed right there on the main Plugins Tab, right there with

Status, Name, Flags, Mod Index, Group, and Dependencies. with it's own column. (Along with the Enabled, Disabled, filter from the Mods tab I requested too), this could speed up the process of load order handling for users.

I am having the problem: "Cyclic interaction detected between plugins "Underrides" and "Vault-Tec Historical Preservation Initiative". Back cycle: Vault-Tec Historical Preservation Initiative , Fixes, Texture Overhauls, Companions, default, Scrap Corpse Highlighting, Underrides". First, what the hell is/are Underrides? I don't have anything like that. I also do not have Vault-Tec Historical Preservation Initiative or anything from Creation Club (CC) or Scrap Corpse Highlighting but these things keep preventing Vortex/Loot from sorting. I can't delete them because they came with Vortex and no matter where I put them in the order I get the error. I even tried leaving them out of the order and still get a cyclic error. I haven't been able to use my mods for several days. Any ideas? Oh, and I connected a line from DLC to CC and now I cannot remove it, it is grey, as is the line from Initiative to Underrides. When I set the groups for any reasonable load order I still get the error. Sometime I cannot put a line from one to another unless I select a different order. Is there a basic instruction or tutorial that explains any of this? Any help?

Well according to the Group window, if you right click on a line/node it removes the rule/group

Have you tried that?

I don't want to mess with that yet until I have full knowledge of what it does.

Not sure what underrides are either, and definitely not sure what Vault-Tec Historical Preservation Initiative is

Well according to the Group window, if you right click on a line/node it removes the rule/group

Have you tried that?

I don't want to mess with that yet until I have full knowledge of what it does.

Not sure what underrides are either, and definitely not sure what Vault-Tec Historical Preservation Initiative is

That's what I am having problems with. I did get rid of the grey arrow/line. I made a line from Creation Club to DLC again and the line turned yellow/orange and I was able to delete it. No matter how I order my groups, I still get the error. It is getting to be frustrating. I am close to moving on to MO. Up until this Group issue I was pretty happy with Vortex.