⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Donation Points Stats and No Ads for Mod Authors

BigBizkit

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #73980503. #73981973 is also a reply to the same post.

neeher wrote: Can't help but wonder if this No Ads for MA is wise, to me that was by the far the biggest reason to be premium. 1,000 unique downloads isn't very much, what kind of percentage of the user base does this cover that don't need premium anymore?
Deadlykris wrote: I paid for Supporter to get rid of ads. Later, I paid for Premium to increase download speed. I don't see this as interfering with Premium.

That's true, I did the same thing lol.

Not trying to sound arrogant, but indeed 1.000 unique downloads seems something quite easy to achieve - I know that 'supporter' title only costs £1.29, and also remove Ads, but I would increase it to at least 10.000 ~ 50.000...

: The add free matter from contributing with mods was a wise idea. I've been on curiosities and studying the history of ads on why people hate it too much. I was an user on DeviantART and I always saw ads no matter what even contributing to the site, you was forced to pay a membership to get rid of ads. Giving this feature to the mod authors encourages them to work for something. Although I always block ads because this has nothing to do with me, I need to give respect for those that respect the users as well. Ads is for free to watch if you desire, there are sites that forces you to watch it even warning you when you block ads.

Not trying to sound arrogant, but indeed 1.000 unique downloads seems something quite easy to achieve - I know that 'supporter' title only costs �1.29, and also remove Ads, but I would increase it to at least 10.000 ~ 50.000...

(Just taking your statement as an example for a point made several times in this topic.)

For Bethesda titles 1000 unique downloads isn't that much, but for other less prestigious titles that the Nexus hosts, 1000 is a lot.

I would argue that those authors working on lesser known games deserve the same treatment as those working on better known ones.

One could propose that downloads could or should be weighted/normalised/whatever across games, but seeing as that concept was proposed and shot down previously when the DP system was designed, it would probably not apply here either.

I'd rather have a benefit that applies to most mod authors and that happens to catch a few "low effort" authors in the process than the other way around.

In response to post #73980503. #73981973, #73982843 are all replies on the same post.

neeher wrote: Can't help but wonder if this No Ads for MA is wise, to me that was by the far the biggest reason to be premium. 1,000 unique downloads isn't very much, what kind of percentage of the user base does this cover that don't need premium anymore?
Deadlykris wrote: I paid for Supporter to get rid of ads. Later, I paid for Premium to increase download speed. I don't see this as interfering with Premium.
neeher wrote: That's true, I did the same thing lol.

There's also supporter images. Which I may or may not have gotten premium for. I also got to support the site a little bit at the same time.

In response to post #73980503. #73981973, #73982843, #73984443 are all replies on the same post.

neeher wrote: That's true, I did the same thing lol.
Jinxxed0 wrote: There's also supporter images. Which I may or may not have gotten premium for. I also got to support the site a little bit at the same time.

How does disabling ads for mod authors interfere with Premium membership? The biggest benefit to having a Premium membership is unlimited download speeds... Disabling ads for mod authors does not change the fact that Premium membership is still required in order to have uncapped download speeds... I bought a lifetime Premium membership for U.S $85.00 a few years ago in an effort to bypass the broken regular servers/CDN we were stuck with back in the day. Several years ago, the servers wouldn't work half the time & when Nexus finally ditched their old data cluster in favor of the current CDN, there were still issues with downloads via the CDN during high traffic times so I spent the U.S $85.00 for a lifetime Premium membership. No ads & uncapped download speeds are a win win for me while also giving my support to the Nexus via a one-off U.S $85.00 payment, which is the best deal in the long run when it comes to purchasing Premium membership...

In response to post #73983663.

thetag wrote: Not trying to sound arrogant, but indeed 1.000 unique downloads seems something quite easy to achieve - I know that 'supporter' title only costs £1.29, and also remove Ads, but I would increase it to at least 10.000 ~ 50.000...

It’s actually not.