Vortex: texture-mods do not work, all other mods work fine. Any ideas?

Japty

I reinstalled the game and the issue is the same.

But now starting from scratch I have noticed that all changes to my ini files under C:mygames are ignored. For example i change the fov on the fallout4.ini to

[interface]
fDefaultWorldFOV=80
fDefault1stPersonFOV=90

and save it. But i does not have any effect...

My game is installed on partition A.

A:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4

My ini files are located here:

C:\Users\japty\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

This should be ok right?

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

probably. its so difficult to guess given the overwhelming amount of detail in your post. wanna try again? maybe opening a new post with, oh i don't know, what mods, what game, that sort of thing?

probably. its so difficult to guess given the overwhelming amount of detail in your post. wanna try again? maybe opening a new post with, oh i don't know, what mods, what game, that sort of thing?

Ah, sorry :P

I'm facing the exact same issue with the exact same game on the exact same modding software so I thought I'd continue the thread and find out if the author found any solution.

Anyway, new topic has been posted with the necessary details.

I have / had the same issue with Vortex, Tried changing the sResourceDataDirsFinal in Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Custom.ini (located in documents/mygames/fallout4) which was blank, to sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, MESH\ and it partially worked!!!

I can see most of the textures from mods now, but I think not all of them, for example Vivid textures are not present, maybe it´s due to it being a ba2 fle texture mod, which vortex seems to ignore and not deploy.

So try that, maybe it will work with every texture mod you have :-)

Found it here: https://steamcommuni...12931350867828/

Guest deleted34304850

I can see most of the textures from mods now, but I think not all of them, for example Vivid textures are not present, maybe it´s due to it being a ba2 fle texture mod, which vortex seems to ignore and not deploy.

do you have any proof that vortex "ignores" ba2 files? it would be amazing if it did because it would mean that literally hundreds of mods would not be able to be deployed.

if you have no evidence, please dont post up complete rubbish.

.ba2 files work fine. Keep in mind load order matters and loose files overwrite .ba2 files.

I

I have / had the same issue with Vortex, Tried changing the sResourceDataDirsFinal in Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Custom.ini (located in documents/mygames/fallout4) which was blank, to sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, MESH\ and it partially worked!!!

So try that, maybe it will work with every texture mod you have :-)

Found it here: https://steamcommuni...12931350867828/

Sorry for misinterpretation, it was my guess and I was not talking about all ba2 files, just ba2 from texture mods (all other mods deployed through vortex work normally, just the texture mods did not appear in the game before the change in sResourceDataDirs). Taking into account the post about making sure it was deployed properly from HadToRegister about Vortex Deployment.json...

Edited by KaktusikCZ

In my Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Custom.ini I've always used an empty "sResourceDataDirsFinal=" and have never had any problems with BA2 texture files as a consequence. Frankly, I don't think this issue has anything at all to do with Vortex.

In my Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Custom.ini I've always used an empty "sResourceDataDirsFinal=" and have never had any problems with BA2 texture files as a consequence. Frankly, I don't think this issue has anything at all to do with Vortex.

Yep.

Both my ini files only have the "sResourceDataDirsFinal= "

And the archive section of my Fallout4Custom.ini only has TWO lines, not the same number of lines as the fallout4.ini

Custom.ini

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

That's it.