OMOD Extension

Crawmak

So, I honestly love Vortex, and I love using it to keep as many mods for as many games as possible in one place. But I can't do that with Oblivion because of the lack of support for OMOD files.

Is there anyone out there with the knowledge to make an OMOD extension? Or some funky OMOD-to-FOMOD converter?

Correct me if wrong, but I seem to remember that Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) could directly repackage an OMOD as a 7-Zip archive. If so, then that would be a possible workaround for OP's problem until someone developed a Vortex OMOD extension.

Problem with that is that, like FOMOD, OMOD tends to have multiple choices built into an installer. It would be a hell of a task to get everything sorted properly to work as a 7-Zip archive, at least for someone like me who has minimal knowledge of the file structure of Oblivion and could probably break 20 things in the process without realizing it.

What did was a bit of work. But my last last OB play through had minimal omods.

I first installed the omod using OBMM. I then rounded up all the files it installed and put them in a Vortex friendly .7z file. I then made sure to delete those files installed by OBMM. And then I installed my new .7z file with Vortex.