Donation Points Stats and No Ads for Mod Authors

BigBizkit

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #74005513. #74037378 is also a reply to the same post.

OstrixTheOstrich wrote: I hope I'm not the only one that would actually like to be able to continue to see ads to support the community, even if I've reached a status where I don't have to see them at all. If we can get a button to toggle ads to support you guys and other authors, I'd really like that.

Additionally, I think if you enabled the option, part of the money from the ads could go to the mod author of whom made the mod you're currently viewing. Probably not though, my ideas sometimes aren't very well thought out or whatever. Either way, Nice going, Nexus team!
piotrmil wrote: >I hope I'm not the only one that would actually like to be able to continue to see ads

we live in a strange, strange world...

Yes, we do live in a strange world. Yet while I personally would rather not be assaulted with adverts myself, I do agree with Ostrix. I have no idea how it could be "algorized"(?) but I agree that perhaps a certain small percentage of ad revenue from viewed pages and downloaded mods could conceivably be donated by NexusMods to accounts of mod authors... maybe? The site's in England, right? You guys can figure out the "maffs".

Even though I'm not an author I appreciate all that the team members do for the authors. I think that most authors will appreciate this gesture and incentive for contributing good content. Now, rather than being distracted by ads, authors can concentrate on uploading quality mods. This is a real community.

Thanks! Edited by GraeWooff

Damn, I feel like I wasted my DP on the month of premium i bought some months ago lol.

I do feel weird about the fact that so much money is going into this, I wonder how much money Nexus has in hands because all of these is so nice from them, really...

In response to post #74322823.

Tomoxx02 wrote: Damn, I feel like I wasted my DP on the month of premium i bought some months ago lol.

I do feel weird about the fact that so much money is going into this, I wonder how much money Nexus has in hands because all of these is so nice from them, really...

Premium still gets you uncapped download speeds though ;)

In response to post #74005513. #74037378, #74298428 are all replies on the same post.

OstrixTheOstrich wrote: I hope I'm not the only one that would actually like to be able to continue to see ads to support the community, even if I've reached a status where I don't have to see them at all. If we can get a button to toggle ads to support you guys and other authors, I'd really like that.

Additionally, I think if you enabled the option, part of the money from the ads could go to the mod author of whom made the mod you're currently viewing. Probably not though, my ideas sometimes aren't very well thought out or whatever. Either way, Nice going, Nexus team!
piotrmil wrote: >I hope I'm not the only one that would actually like to be able to continue to see ads

we live in a strange, strange world...
GraeWooff wrote: Yes, we do live in a strange world. Yet while I personally would rather not be assaulted with adverts myself, I do agree with Ostrix. I have no idea how it could be "algorized"(?) but I agree that perhaps a certain small percentage of ad revenue from viewed pages and downloaded mods could conceivably be donated by NexusMods to accounts of mod authors... maybe? The site's in England, right? You guys can figure out the "maffs".

Even though I'm not an author I appreciate all that the team members do for the authors. I think that most authors will appreciate this gesture and incentive for contributing good content. Now, rather than being distracted by ads, authors can concentrate on uploading quality mods. This is a real community.

Thanks!

Ads always had a problem of crippling my browser when i got a handful of nexus tabs open, so going on a mod binge was quite the hassle before i realized there were ad blockers out there, if they even existed at the time.
I can't be the only one who had that problem, so i guess it's good that at least some of the community (of freeloaders) is getting those ads legitimately banished! Edited by DragonSlayer667

In response to post #74322823. #74324143 is also a reply to the same post.

Tomoxx02 wrote: Damn, I feel like I wasted my DP on the month of premium i bought some months ago lol.

SilentNightxxx wrote: Premium still gets you uncapped download speeds though ;)

And it shows nexus the love it deserves <3

In response to post #74284523.

Morghean wrote: So how does this goes, do I have to send a message, that I reached the unique downloads limit, or wait till senpai notices me...? :D

It happens automatically.

But last I checked it was per game, so you have to have 1,000 downloads for mods on one game, but across all games. Edited by Zaldiir