Trying to understand

MajorCyco

Hello,

Subject: Collections, Copyrights, and Defective Master Mods

Ostensibly, it's all about collections. Given that copyrights have to be

impaired in order for collections to functions. It seems that copyrights are

the "bill payer" to give everyone magnificent collections.

What about highly popular bug ridden, non-functioning master mods?

Without naming names, there is one particular master mod that comes to mind

with tons of unresolved bug reports; yet there are many developers

who make this mod a requirement anyway. No doubt, it will get

rolled into collections.

So what's gonna happen? Will "esteemed" and popular

defective master mods yield diseased collections? Will gamers be allowed

to download the current way, or will downloading via collections

become mandatory? Will downloading become all or nothing?

If collections are so splendid and glorious, why won't Nexus

provide a video or collections simulation website, so that everyone

can collectively admire and even "cheerfully" acquiesce to a

deterioration of copyrights (before Aug 5)?

Hey, I'm just a lowly gamer, not yet a mod developer. I respect mod developers'

copyrights. I want mod developers to succeed without undue restrictions.

Adding on to that, what about collections involving mods that are dependent on tools and frameworks that can't be auto-installed? Such as armor refits that need to be batch-built by BodySlide, mods that add new animations (which are dependent on either FNIS/Nemesis or DAR), any mod that is dependent on a script extender, any ENB preset, or any mod that requires the use of an xEdit or zEdit script.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

So prattle on in your ignorance. Your posts demonstrate quite clearly you have no understanding or comprehension of the issues involved, the history behind the issues, or the people involved. They also demonstrate that you have no wish to actually understand the issues, but are here simply to troll.

i wonder if that troll account you're communicating with is some sort of bot.

you will find it comments, with absolute impunity on a variety of topics that run into the tens of pages. every single time its response is 100% contrarian. doesn't matter the subject, it takes a side, ignores everything posted and denigrates every post it opposes.

it does this so often, and so consistently i really do wonder if it's some sort of automated system.

the tos claim that trolling is against the rules - yet this account seems to be somewhat immune to any kind of censure.

it amazes me that this account is there - like a virus - derailing conversations with posts of absolute nonsense, openly mocking anyone it opposes.

have a look at its history - it offers nothing other than contrarianism on every single post.

it truly is quite remarkable. like one of those twitter bots that pretend to be a living person.

Adding on to that, what about collections involving mods that are dependent on tools and frameworks that can't be auto-installed? Such as armor refits that need to be batch-built by BodySlide, mods that add new animations (which are dependent on either FNIS/Nemesis or DAR), any mod that is dependent on a script extender, any ENB preset, or any mod that requires the use of an xEdit or zEdit script.

Then those will be more advanced Collections and will probably be noted as such.

One huge problem with the discussion of Collections is the broad assumption that they only appeal to blithering morons who can't follow any instructions whatsoever. Drop that stereotype of the potential users and problems like you list stop being problems. Simple collections for those who don't want to do anything on their own. Intermediate Collections using tools that are well designed and simple to run. Advanced Collections that require running some specific tools. In all cases, you still get a Collection of mods that work well together to achieve a specific sort of game setup and you don't have to spend a month searching through the Nexus and doing conflict resolution yourself.

Well, it looks like partial deletions are a thing now. Doesnt really fix anything, but if anyone's keen of retaining access to the mod author forums, here it is.

Interesting. :smile: Wonder if too many authors wanted 'some' removed, but, were going to remove them ALL if the 'some' option wasn't offered.

Obviously.

Guest deleted34304850

read closely;

Mod authors who have since requested their files to be deleted via the process described in the news post will have received a notification about some of their files being "archived". This is because the first step of the deletion process is the archiving of files (which spawns the notification), however, when a mod page is completely deleted by staff the files become inaccessible for good. You can verify this through the API.

where in that paragraph does it state that a delete request ends up with files being deleted?

inaccessible <> deleted off the disk.

i may be mistaken, but to me when i delete something that action means the file is gone for good, rather than simply being made inaccessible. (Yeah, I know how disks work before the pedants start).