Trying to understand

MajorCyco

No clue about the thread in GMAD.

It's been dead for awhile now and only going because trolls keep propping it up.

Maybe I am missing something, but how could "trolls" be in the GMAD group? (I thought you needed 1000 downloads to participate.) Or do you mean "people who disagree with you"?

Oh stop it, you're currently doing a pretty good job yourself right now.

You showed everybody who's side you're on with your "delete your mods in a fit of nerd rage" comment in a thread where you had absolutely no clue what was going on at the time, but you had to take sides anyway, and whenever this stuff happens it's always Half the Mod Authors and a majority of Mod users who automatically take sides AGAINST the Mod Authors who actually are VOCAL ABOUT THIE RIGHTS

No, there are a few trolls in GMAD, one pretty notorious one who likes to make one sentence posts to stir things up, derail threads, drag them off-topic, etc "just because" he enjoys doing that childish stuff.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No clue about the thread in GMAD.

It's been dead for awhile now and only going because trolls keep propping it up.

Maybe I am missing something, but how could "trolls" be in the GMAD group? (I thought you needed 1000 downloads to participate.) Or do you mean "people who disagree with you"?

Don't get the wrong impression here @Zanderat. It's basically still the same 3-4 guys of any side loitering around, driving the still ongoing circle of madness. Then and when a new user steps in engaging the discussion, adding more fuel to the circle. But in essence nothing has changed. None of the arguments. None of the philosophies. None of the quantity of responses by Nexus staff.

Sometimes a random sentence of ingenuity, or a valid reason gets dropped from any side. But yeah. Probably has been said before...so.

Whatever this letter salad may mean

Smartphone f'ed it up. I was about to say: "No love for the € I'm afraid". Because there's no exchange rate for the Euro in here.

No, there are a few trolls in GMAD, one pretty notorious one who likes to make one sentence posts to stir things up, derail threads, drag them off-topic, etc "just because" he enjoys doing that childish stuff.

He's actually referring to himself.

@Gamwich just pointed out how silly it is to keep dwelling in that thread, in his own funny way.

You showed everybody who's side you're on with your "delete your mods in a fit of nerd rage" comment in a thread where you had absolutely no clue what was going on at the time, but you had to take sides anyway, and whenever this stuff happens it's always Half the Mod Authors and a majority of Mod users who automatically take sides AGAINST the Mod Authors who actually are VOCAL ABOUT THIE RIGHTS

Ya, I probably shouldn't have used that language..... But I am curious as to what side you think that I am on and why.

Ya, I probably shouldn't have used that language..... But I am curious as to what side you think that I am on and why.

Read the highlight, your words, towards a Mod Author when all of this stuff was just starting.

You took sides BEFORE you even knew what was going on.

Read the highlight, your words, towards a Mod Author when all of this stuff was just starting.

Ok. Well no point in continuing. When you get a chance, though, please go back and reread my ALL posts, rather than clinging to some random ill-conceived comment I made (I shouldn't have used the phrase "nerd rage", but my point at the time was correct, which was in context/reaction to a mod author who deleted all their mods and lost access to GMAD, that choices have consequences).

Ok. Well no point in continuing. When you get a chance, though, please go back and reread my ALL posts, rather than clinging to some random ill-conceived comment I made (I shouldn't have used the phrase "nerd rage", but my point at the time was correct, which was in context/reaction to a mod author who deleted all their mods and lost access to GMAD, that choices have consequences).

Since I am one of these mod authors, I feel directly addressed by this statement. But I can assure you that I can live with the consequences very well, even if I am convinced that they are simply wrong and only reflect the image that Nexus paints of itself with the current development. Besides download numbers, there would be far more options to measure that an author is truly an author. In the end, the way it is being handled only shows that they will continue on the path they have laid out, no matter what consequences it will have for Nexus itself in the long run.

They weren't told of that consequence, just like they weren't told of the Deletion changes until THREE DAYS after the Nexus changed it.

Context

In the past, Robin Scott has proclaimed loudly and often that authors would always have complete control over their mods. That is no longer true; so, either Robin deliberately lied, or he sacrificed his promise on the the alter of profit. In either case, Robin is unapologetic for this policy change. So, I and others have chosen to exercise the last bit of control we have left to us and have taken Robin up on his offer to delete all our mods.

It isn't "nerd rage". It isn't petulance. It isn't spite. It isn't mod packs or collections. It is simply that some of us feel Robin has betrayed us and we no longer want to be associated with our betrayer, or to allow our betrayer to profit from our work.

In the past, Robin Scott has proclaimed loudly and often that authors would always have complete control over their mods. That is no longer true; so, either Robin deliberately lied, or he sacrificed his promise on the the alter of profit. In either case, Robin is unapologetic for this policy change. So, I and others have chosen to exercise the last bit of control we have left to us and have taken Robin up on his offer to delete all our mods.

It isn't "nerd rage". It isn't petulance. It isn't spite. It isn't mod packs or collections. It is simply that some of us feel Robin has betrayed us and we no longer want to be associated with our betrayer, or to allow our betrayer to profit from our work.

As I see it, THIS is the saddest part of the whole thing. This used to be a haven for mod authors. Robin has now turned it into a prison.

a prison with an option to leave in a 5 week "grace period" :wink: isn't it a wonderful offer? ask some showmen or mrcheaptequila, i'm sure they have something breathtaking to add here if they are done with the gmad posts for the next 10 minutes.

i mentioned more than once that closing the file deletion gmad thread is a good idea if staff has nothing to add or to offer. other threads were closed without anyone has asked for. so it is kind of difficult to understand what's going on - at least for me.