Trying to understand

MajorCyco

Guest deleted34304850

i made a snarky post in the vortex support forum when a slew of mods were (quite rightly) removed by their authors, where I asked the nexusmods staff to restore them from the backups i know they have taken. :)

they always say that nothing is ever truly deleted off the internet - nexusmods are making that even more of a reality with this stance,

good on you for your actions jenncave - you're a good and thoughtful modder who has offered sterling support for your work to countless people. its such a shame your generosity has been taken away from you by this horrendous stance.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking up jenncave mods on Bethesda i now have them and will make sure to enjoy them as much as I can through avenues they have chosen to use. TY for cleaning up Sanctuary

You're welcome :) I am glad you like them.

Guest deleted34304850

Taking out frustration on me of all things will not help thee (or anyone, really) in any way. Hatred/anger never helped anyone, no matter how motivated or not.

WTF is with all of the "Thou" "Thee" and "Thy" stuff?

roleplay?

For anyone inclined to think that deleting mods from Nexus is the equivalent of taking them away from the entire community, that's monopolistic thinking. There are other places to host mods. There always has been. If those mods are still available on other hosts, nobody is taking anything away from anyone. You can clearly still download the mods, you just can't do it here, and this endless need to paint people who want to leave Nexus as the bad guy needs to stop. You do not support the community when you do this. You only support the antagonistic anti-author mentality that harms the community.

For anyone inclined to think that deleting mods from Nexus is the equivalent of taking them away from the entire community, that's monopolistic thinking. There are other places to host mods. There always has been. If those mods are still available on other hosts, nobody is taking anything away from anyone. You can clearly still download the mods, you just can't do it here, and this endless need to paint people who want to leave Nexus as the bad guy needs to stop. You do not support the community when you do this. You only support the antagonistic anti-author mentality that harms the community.

Allot of the mod makers host it on websites. many of them too. What we are complaining about is the people who are supposed to be giving us mod users and the mod makers a location to enjoy them without worrying about the going 'we own them now that you used us" You may be here a long time user poster or mod maker. but that post clearly shows your not on the side of the mod makers who are having rights taken from them and want to fight to control that right of the work they created.

For a mod maker I'm shocked your okay with Dark0ne literally going "we control them now on and you cant ever take them back" completely turning their back to mod maker rights and then lying about how its going to change and already archiving all files even after the request for them to be scrub from the system.

Allot of the mod makers host it on websites. many of them too. What we are complaining about is the people who are supposed to be giving us mod users and the mod makers a location to enjoy them without worrying about the going 'we own them now that you used us" You may be here a long time user poster or mod maker. but that post clearly shows your not on the side of the mod makers who are having rights taken from them and want to fight to control that right of the work they created.

For a mod maker I'm shocked your okay with Dark0ne literally going "we control them now on and you cant ever take them back" completely turning their back to mod maker rights and then lying about how its going to change and already archiving all files even after the request for them to be scrub from the system.

Did we read the SAME post?

What Arthmoor is saying here, isn't in SUPPORT of What the Nexus is doing, his message is aimed at the people who are constantly attacking mod authors for wanting to remove their content.

He's saying, that's not the case, because that content would be uploaded to other sites by the mod authors that remove their content from here.

No wonder this is such a s***how

You've completely misinterpreted his message into being PRO-NEXUS and Anti-modder, when it's the EXACT OPPOSITE

How did you even manage to come to that conclusion?

Guest deleted34304850

mate, thats nuts.

Pretty sure you've horribly misread what Arthmoor posted.