Mod authors should have made a master list of locations

hucker75

At this point i am convinced you are trolling. I don't know how to argue these leaps in logic or personal attacks. You simply aren't interested in discussing it or taking criticism instead attacking other users and copy pasting your initial arguments repeatedly.

Modder's owe you nothing, it would be completely fine if i uploaded and entirely broken mod to the nexus and never bothered to finish it. If anything, from a moral standpoint you should be paying modders.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep finding mods that have overwritten things other ones have put in. For example I just found two of them editing the root cellar in Sanctuary, hence I didn't get all the objects required for one of the storylines. I've read of other people complaining of something obstructing the door placed by another mod, etc.

Could there not have been a big list somewhere, where anyone releasing a mod listed what cells they edited, so other mod authors could avoid editing the same places?

No.

Would you prefer there was only one mod editing Sanctuary? Or any other location for that matter? Do a quick search on "sanctuary", there are currently 350 mods that affect the area. Which 349 would you choose to eliminate?

You should go work for Microsoft. "It's not our fault the OS crashed, you should have bought Microsoft Word, and not dared to use Openoffice. We don't support anyone else doing anything."

You're not complaining about "OpenOffice" not working correctly with "Windows", you are complaining about "OpenOffice" not conflicting with "MS Word". And it does. If you have both installed you have to make a decision about which one you are going to associate with particular files or which one you choose to use to create a document.

Windows is an operating system which is designed to work with any software that meets its requirements. By law they cannot prevent a program from working on their OS in order to eliminate competitors products.

i.e. Windows is Skyrim and both OpenOffice and Word are mods. As long as the programs work with Windows, nobody cares if they work with each other.

Would you manufacture a TV that only accepted input from one of your own DVD players?

You really are clueless. TV input is a universal standard that manufacturers agreed to because it is NECESSARY for the functioning of their product. It has nothing to do with your demand that mod authors indulge your laziness.

No, I'm talking about the OS handling any program and not crashing the whole system.

We do care if Openoffice works with Word, it has to read its files for a start.

The standard is only necessary for different makes of TV and DVD to work together. Sony could have made a proprietary standard so you had to get their DVD player with their TV, but they didn't.

Then they're idiots. When I sell a product, I want my customers to be happy with it. I want it to work despite them having bought something elsewhere aswell. Would you manufacture a TV that only accepted input from one of your own DVD players?

i love your analogies.

truly i do.

you know what else a mod is like? its like salad.

its also like a pineapple.

and a penguine.

and cheese.

and a tambourine.

and a tuba.

and the roots of a tree.

keep going champ. you're amazing.

Why do you have such difficulty with analogies? Every analogy I've made is about two things that people are likely to have both of, working together. Just like the mods.

my fruit salad with pineapple has clashed with your salad that contained pineapple as well.

which should be eaten first?

i blame the pineapple growers/cannery - they should have a database that lists all the pineapples and then all the salad makers can update the database to show they're using pineapple so that hungry diners can review the database of pineapple usage before they order their meals! stupid pineapple people!

Well pineapples don't explode in your stomach when you mix them with other fruit. If there was a possible reaction, then they'd have to confer. They do actually for things like domestic cleaning fluid. "Don't mix with x" is written on the back.

At this point i am convinced you are trolling. I don't know how to argue these leaps in logic or personal attacks. You simply aren't interested in discussing it or taking criticism instead attacking other users and copy pasting your initial arguments repeatedly.

Modder's owe you nothing, it would be completely fine if i uploaded and entirely broken mod to the nexus and never bothered to finish it. If anything, from a moral standpoint you should be paying modders.

If they want payment, they need to make something that works. First time I see a crash free conflict free mod with no mistakes, I'll make a donation. I won't hold my breath.

I keep finding mods that have overwritten things other ones have put in. For example I just found two of them editing the root cellar in Sanctuary, hence I didn't get all the objects required for one of the storylines. I've read of other people complaining of something obstructing the door placed by another mod, etc.

Could there not have been a big list somewhere, where anyone releasing a mod listed what cells they edited, so other mod authors could avoid editing the same places?

No.

Would you prefer there was only one mod editing Sanctuary? Or any other location for that matter? Do a quick search on "sanctuary", there are currently 350 mods that affect the area. Which 349 would you choose to eliminate?

They can all edit sanctuary as long as they don't edit the same bit.

Then they're idiots. When I sell a product, I want my customers to be happy with it. I want it to work despite them having bought something elsewhere aswell. Would you manufacture a TV that only accepted input from one of your own DVD players?

So, you are saying that the developers at Apple are idiots?

So, you are saying that the developers at Apple are idiots?

Of course. They make incompatible stuff. Unfortunately there are a lot of gullible people out there.

They can all edit sanctuary as long as they don't edit the same bit.

Thanks for your permission.

I just wish we had all checked in with you first, before any of us made our mods.

Things would've been so much easier with you at the helm.

Are you seriously telling me you wouldn't rather know if what you're about to put in your mod would make it not work with anyone who has downloaded Fred's mod?

I wish OP was a troll, otherwise I feel really sorry for people who have to communicate with him irl

I'm not the weird one, stop thinking with emotions and think with your brain.