Why does nobody talk about mods that have no plugin in load order

dragonyter
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Vortex's controls are way more robust than the ones in MO2. If you aren't able to get it to work then you are not giving it the right instructions.

Do you have a link that describes how to make it work in MO2?

Nope I just know pple made it work cause theres videos of em saying what they use and comments, just said basically lol "not vortex". Anyway the mod author himself says its not compatible without a patch but then theres youtube videos of pple using both.

It's hard to help when you don't mention what you're using

Have you read the Description Pages?

It obviously needs a patch or something, so there must be info on the description pages, and/or patches you need.

You need to make the Patches OVERWRITE

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vortex's controls are way more robust than the ones in MO2. If you aren't able to get it to work then you are not giving it the right instructions.

Do you have a link that describes how to make it work in MO2?

Nope I just know pple made it work cause theres videos of em saying what they use and comments, just said basically lol "not vortex". Anyway the mod author himself says its not compatible without a patch but then theres youtube videos of pple using both.

Well, without instructions I don't see how anyone can help. But it's not a Vortex issue.

I KNOW! and i know how everything works there is no way to set up conflicts in any order to make this work, I was just saying I tried that regardless since the know it alls here think you can manage assets efficiently in vortex which is not true.

There is nothing that can be done in MO2 that can't be done in Vortex. Period. Vortex actually handles it better since MO2 usually requires you to delete conflicting files in order to manage them on an individual basis.

If you can find someone to describe how it works in MO2, you can make it work in Vortex.

Guest deleted34304850

Loot only organizes plugins, some mods that use custom skeletons, meshes, textures that are a resource for multiple things, require them to have a certain load order to work, specially animations and skeletons.

BUT since vortex's loot only deal with plugins, you have no solutions for this cause if it causes no conflict between files, not to mention some mod orders make vortex think a mod is redundant when its not.

For ex. I got a b42 inertia mod in Fallout NV that requires compatibility skeleton but does not work in any way with b42 quickthrow and asurah animations, when it would be simple to set this up in other mod managers.

We need a way to manage everything.

Â

Â

Mods with NO Esp are managed on the MOD tab.

Vortex scans for conflicts, and if a conflict is found, Vortex notifies you of it, and let's you decide if the mod should LOAD AFTER, or LOAD BEFORE the other conflicting mod.

I.E. should Mod A's textures and meshes overwrite Mod B's textures and meshes, or vice versa

Vortex handles mod sorting in two ways like that

Once on the MOD Tab, and Once on the Plugins tab.

Well it isn't good enough, it loads after everything and overrides the skeleton. nif in all cases but then I go in game its like its not even there. These auto functions are nice 99% of the time but in cases like these I'd rather control things myself

thats why YOU get to decide what loads BEFORE and what loads AFTER (overwrites stuff written by the mod BEFORE).

What you're asking for is already there. How is it "not good enough"? given it does what you want it to do surely it is "good enough" as it allows you the control you say you want?

Ima just go ahead and make the patch myself since there is none

, was not asking for help, was asking for vortex to be better in general, I just gave that as an example.

Well, just giving that as an example without pointing us to the specific mods, made it IMPOSSIBLE to find out what the problem is/was, so there's no way to even come up with a solution for it.

SO, there currently can be no solution because of that.

Guest deleted34304850
Loot only organizes plugins, some mods that use custom skeletons, meshes, textures that are a resource for multiple things, require them to have a certain load order to work, specially animations and skeletons.

BUT since vortex's loot only deal with plugins, you have no solutions for this cause if it causes no conflict between files, not to mention some mod orders make vortex think a mod is redundant when its not.

For ex. I got a b42 inertia mod in Fallout NV that requires compatibility skeleton but does not work in any way with b42 quickthrow and asurah animations, when it would be simple to set this up in other mod managers.

We need a way to manage everything.

This points to a fundamental lack of understanding. also, there are painfully detailed explanations from the author of b42 inertia where they say time and again - if anything overwrites compatibility skeleton - then b42 inertia doesn't work. one file that overwrites b42 compatibility skeleton is - you guessed it - b42 quickthrow.

i found this out with 2 minutes of reading the forum posts for b42 inertia.

so the question to you is this - have you loaded compatibility skeleton AFTER all these other mods? going on what you have written previously, the answer is going to be NO, and you're claiming that vortex is unable to do that for you, which is 100% wrong. you have the ability to load a mod BEFORE or a mod AFTER another mod. Nothing to do with LOOT or plugins - this is at the mod level itself.

i'd suggest you read the requirements for b42 inertia closely and look at the order of your mods and if you still have issues - use vortex to make sure that compatibility skeleton loads AFTER any b42 mods you may have in your load order, and that should take care of your issues.

note - none of this requires vortex to be made better - all this has been in it since day #1. i suggest YOU need to be better at reading mod requirements and understanding how they work and what is required from them to work correctly.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

You got it working in Vortex because Vortex already had the features you needed to make it work.

If you had been able to give an explanation of what you needed to do, you would have received help. Instead you complained about not having a feature that you did, in fact, have. Nothing of this thread involved improving Vortex.

Vortex offers more control than MO2. It actually has "full manual control" of assets. MO2 does not. In MO2 you have to delete files to prevent them from conflicting. You just need to put some effort into understanding how it works and how to best use it.

Vortex was created by the original creator of Mod Organizer and was created to be more powerful and robust than MO2. Regardless of what "people on YouTube" say about it.