Why does nobody talk about mods that have no plugin in load order

dragonyter
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

The problem is compatibility skeleton doesn't work with quickthrow, so I need a way for quickthrow to override both the inertia mod and compatibility skeleton, otherwise I get a bone missing message. I know other pple get it to work but absolutely none of em use vortex.

To achieve the desired outcome, all you need is to patch "B42 Quickthrow" to "NV Compatibility Skeleton." However, that will take some work. In his post above, HTR has been kind enough to reference a tutorial for making this happen.

Exploring the logic of your last statement, I would say this. I know people who drive to work in a Honda, but absolutely none of them use a Ford. So what?

Edited by AugustaCalidia

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is compatibility skeleton doesn't work with quickthrow, so I need a way for quickthrow to override both the inertia mod and compatibility skeleton, otherwise I get a bone missing message. I know other pple get it to work but absolutely none of em use vortex.

To achieve the desired outcome, all you need is to patch "B42 Quickthrow" to "NV Compatibility Skeleton." However, that will take some work. In his post above, HTR has been kind enough to reference a tutorial for making this happen.

Exploring the logic of your last statement, I would say this. I know people who drive to work in a Honda, but absolutely none of them use a Ford. So what?

I wonder if OP ever got the skeleton to work.

He never mentioned if he did or not.

He said something about a flashlight though... but it didn't have to do with his Skeleton problem.

Well, he's got enough info here to get things fixed if he follows the tutorial from that link.

OP said a while back that they had got it working.

I suspect they got it working by following the tutorial referenced by HTR. They certainly would not have done so using a mod manager alone. I'm guessing that they would have had to use NifSkope and perhaps other tools.

• Solution

I suspect they got it working by following the tutorial referenced by HTR. They certainly would not have done so using a mod manager alone. I'm guessing that they would have had to use NifSkope and perhaps other tools.

I see they got some flashlight mod working, but not the skeleton problem, which was their original complaint.

Something about using FNVedit to 'fix' it, which I suspect could've been done with LOAD BEFORE/AFTER, but to each their own.

Dude

I see they got some flashlight mod working, but not the skeleton problem, which was their original complaint.

Something about using FNVedit to 'fix' it, which I suspect could've been done with LOAD BEFORE/AFTER, but to each their own.

LOL

Honestly I didn't look at any tutorial, what I want vortex to do is have a single list whith all mods, without separating the archives from the files so much when you select their order manually and resolving conflicts. Much easier than installing stuff resolving conflicts, having a patch leftover or two, cause it takes a little getting used to the logic this app has for ordering them, then manually selecting them to apply to the right mod( I understand it but its not correct) . Then if you got another patch from another mod that needs to apply to the same file, I dunno what you do. I was just lucky that either patch was similar so it didn't break any of these mods.

You got too many screens too look over, remember ur previous choices and its too convoluted.

I didn't bother explaining it cause nobody got what I was saying, at least at first and that I'd have to draw it to make sure it was understood on why its bad, not to belittle anyone but, changing someones mind isn't easy and I'm better at drawing than explaining purely in words.

This is what I was asking for, not what it already has, cause its shitty.

FNVedit is only for esp's, recently made rudy's weather and darker nights compatible, was gonna do nevada skies but the author quit and doesn't allow updates to his work.

I work as a graphic design project manager, I can do everything from art/textures to animations well. I'm not new to mods either.

I repeteadly told u guys I don't need the help and I wanted to just talk about how vortex could be better.

See, the problem is that your original post indicated that you had no idea the functions you needed were already in Vortex. So you were told that they were.

Then you started talking about a specific problem with mods you were having, but only half explained it. So people tried to help you.

Then you started complaining about Vortex and claiming that MO2 can do things that Vortex can't. So you were corrected on that.

And now you are back to complaining about Vortex not having features that I'm pretty sure it already has, while arguing that MO2 has features that it does not.

And your only "suggestion" seems to be "it's not correct", which is not useful.

Guest deleted34304850

Dude

LOL

Honestly I didn't look at any tutorial, what I want vortex to do is have a single list whith all mods, without separating the archives from the files so much when you select their order manually and resolving conflicts. Much easier than installing stuff resolving conflicts, having a patch leftover or two, cause it takes a little getting used to the logic this app has for ordering them, then manually selecting them to apply to the right mod( I understand it but its not correct) . Then if you got another patch from another mod that needs to apply to the same file, I dunno what you do. I was just lucky that either patch was similar so it didn't break any of these mods.

You got too many screens too look over, remember ur previous choices and its too convoluted.

I didn't bother explaining it cause nobody got what I was saying, at least at first and that I'd have to draw it to make sure it was understood on why its bad, not to belittle anyone but, changing someones mind isn't easy and I'm better at drawing than explaining purely in words.

This is what I was asking for, not what it already has, cause its shitty.

FNVedit is only for esp's, recently made rudy's weather and darker nights compatible, was gonna do nevada skies but the author quit and doesn't allow updates to his work.

I work as a graphic design project manager, I can do everything from art/textures to animations well. I'm not new to mods either.

I repeteadly told u guys I don't need the help and I wanted to just talk about how vortex could be better.

so many people throw up their cv as a means to justify their ignorance.

what does your day job have to do with your lack of insight into how vortex works?

is there a correlation? because i don't see one.

if you want it to be better, as do we all - so, humouring your latest pivot, can you - using very simple, but articulate sentence construction, detail what area you think vortex is lacking and what you believe would be the best solution for that lack of function?

you're trying to contribute, but you're doing a terrible job of it. we're trying to help you. why you can't see that, why you can't communicate what you want, is mystifying to me.

communicate clearly stating your issue and how you think it could be resolved. take your time. it's not complicated. do it without "bullying nerds" or stamping your feet - we want to hear your story.

Finally some clarity emerges from the quagmire. The OP simply wants to discuss the Vortex UI. Who would have guessed?!?

Anyway, here's a Vortex extension that the OP may like: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/201.

Edited by AugustaCalidia