Slof's mods withdrawn?

Frodric

Im a straight man myself i have a girlfriend and in my opinion yes i dont mind looking at other women expecially if they are nice looking, i would never use the male bodies mods myself but i wouldnt have a problem with it if thats something you like looking at thats fine expecially if your female if not i barely care,

so there shouldnt be such problems to begin with whoever has a problem with this is definately a insecure little brat who jerks off looking at fake boobies, pretty damn sad actually.

so if slof does come back she has my support to make whatever mods she wants i just wont download anything i dont like looking at.

This is what everyone should be like. Its fine if its not your taste, but please let everyone else have theirs.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, great. Ever since Morrowind I've enjoyed installing body mods and clothes mods for both sexes because it was fun. As a straight male, I fully enjoyed dicking around with Slof's Morrowind clothes mods, and later the Oblivion ones. This just...

hell, I'm at a loss for words.

EDIT: Just realized I haven't posted in this forum in nigh-on two years, since before the change to Nexus. That shows how much this sucks, I guess...

Well no, not really...

.. Unless you two can somehow coax her into this little scheme http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/084/5/b/_diabolic__by_Taimotive.gif

She could also be allowed to have two accounts - one to hold the mods, the other for normal use - thereby minimizing the risk of another stroke ;D.

It's very sad, and a great loss.

I do hope some of you who can contact her off list will ask permission to manage the mods for her, so that her work can be enjoyed by those who appreciate it, without Slof having to suffer pain at the hands of those who don't.

The ancient Celts went to war naked and their oathes were sworn not by 'shaking on it' but by cupping one anothers' testicles, putting the 'full weight' of your manhood behind your words, and showing your complete trust in the other guy's good intentions. Nudity was the norm for important social events in ancient Greece [including the Olympics], and statues of erect penises [often with wings] were talismans of luck and prosperity in ancient Rome and hung over the door to many houses. Some surviving brass examples were nearly worn away from having been rubbed for luck. The idea that men need to assert their masculinity by complaining loudly about the sight of a penis is a new, unnatural and ugly thing.

I hate it when the bad guys win, hate it more when the bad guys are pimple faced homophobes who see no contradiction in attacking Slof despite the John Cena poster hanging above their twin sized bed. I hate it that this tiny subset are probably gloating over having made the world a little safer for closeted self-loathing adolescents; and the fact that they are likely to end up dancing in a g-string at the Pride parade before long is at least a little funny, but makes even sadder in a way.

I just don't know what to say.

I only found this modding community recently; as a refugee from Fallout 3, I sought out Oblivion at the behest of my daughter who had already grown to love the game on the xbox. As a professional bodybuilder, and having spent a few years as a dancer here in Anchorage, I'm no stranger to nudity, male or female.

It took three weeks to filter through websites, file-groups, and finally get to the point I could look at "recent updates" on tes nexus, rather than browsing entire categories..All the while DL'ing anything I thought belonged in my game.

Slofs mods made the game more worth playing, from the horses, to the animations, to the armors; work of this calibre is unmatched in the original vanilla version.

After a hundred or so mods, slof's are SO integral to my game, I can't imagine playing without them, from the male armors, to the gothic warlock outfits, I have had more comments ( positive ) about this game when folks see it on my pc, than any other in the past. Four friends ( 5 including my daughter; ) since have purchased the game for pc; and now have copies of my data files running.

Words can't describe how irritating it is that a group of ( no doubt ) youth, who are struggling with their own sexuality have silenced one of the best voices in the modding realm.

~I hope for the modding communities' sake, Slof decides after a break, to press forward with such art. To lose work of this quality is disurbing.

~Jim

:wallbash:

I hate internet drama.

I hate drama in general unless it's in a fictional setting. However, this whole situation brings up some interesting, and I think relevant points about our culture in general. Furthermore Slof isn't responsible for the drama. She's sick as she mentioned, and she's getting flooded with hate mail by people who lack common sense, or are just so sexually insecure it begs the question as to whether or not they may be in the closet. However it's the people attacking Slof, when they could just walk away if they don't like her work that are creating the "drama" here. On a small scale this does anger me, because Slof is an incredible modder. On a larger scale it saddens me that many people are still that backwards.

Archived