Your longest fight

Argomirr

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@justwannaddl do you remember what that mod was?

I am not certain but I believe it was this one.

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13208

Thanks. I had the same thing happen to me with those NPCs, only difference was I got killed and I never installed that mod @.@

My longest fight was recent, I was in a Oblivion Gate and 2 Dremora Churls and a Clannfear Runt attacked me at once and wow..I had to use 13 Weak Potions of Healing to survive the rest of that Oblivion Gate. That fight didn't last long because I was Level 5 lol. But the fights mentioned in this thread are...insane. Hours and hours of trying to kill an enemy, imagine that. I have never tried to kill an enemy for more than a hour in my life. :rolleyes:

This might be a shock but 6 to 48 hours to kill a boss in some games is not unheard of ^ ^" especially in third rate mmos.

PS. my longest fight was against colorwheel the murder (from a mod) I spent like a hour trying to kill her but she just kept recovering her HP. So in the end I had to use my Tensa Zangetsu (from a mod and dose 70 a hit) and stile spent 10 minuets finishing her off. But I had fun.

My longest fight? Maybe one time when I was killing some guards because one said something that pissed me off, I was in the Elven Gardens District killing guards for about an hour! There was no end to them! Then finally I just decided to quit, no way I could win that fight :P

• 1 year later...

The same as the post above. Ancient Lord Volmyr, I wasn't damaging him, he resisted all my max destruction fire spells (while his minions were dying instantly coming near the chaos), and he would insta-silence and dispel all of my ten buffs. I... broke my mouse in rage.

Still works though! With some tape.

• 2 years later...

Not really sure about the longest fight, but I do remember the toughest fight I had.

My character was in an Ayleid ruin and in this great chamber he came out from the shadows to attack I think two enemies. Problem was, there were at least two more nearby that we hadn´t spotted and thus the fight quickly became one of survival. He had to use all his potions and Great Powers in order to stay alive and summon helpers, and it was still very hard to keep him alive.

Came out on top, but that fight was epic.

Mannimarco with the mod Mannimarco Revisited (included in the mod BanesGuildsUnited). Difficult slider: 50%.

In vanilla, he will die by just looking at him with an angry face. With this mod... it's a totally different story!

He has something like 3000 Health, a strong passive regeneration and tons of cure/buff/summon/damage spells.

In my case (level 26 mage-thief which most magic skills at 75 or more), his spells were totally destroying me and my evocations, while my spell (and my evocation's attacks) were just scratching him. I had to use everything I got, including the Apotheosis staff, tons of restore/conjure spells, tons of potions and the Azura Star which I was using to restore the staff. He died after 20+ minutes of intense fight.

Here's my strategy:

1) Restore your health or magicka if needed.

2) Try to avoid his spells. They were dealing me something like 60-80 damage on hit, which was about 1/3 of my max health (including buffs and enchantments), so 3-4 hits and ...bye bye.

3) Dispel any buff spell Mannimarco use on himself. It's already tough without buffs...

4) Summon your creature if dead, and cast Soul trap on it. The creature will be mainly a distraction for Mannimarco and his evocations: when they kill your summon (it will last less than 30 seconds) his soul will recharge the Azura Star.

5) If the Azura Star is charged, use it immediately.

6) His summons hit hards too, so kill them immediately if you can't dodge them.

7) Hit mannimarco with everything you got.

^ I remember spamming silence poisons during that fight, but the necro fought well with his dagger and pets.

Longest fight for me was first time killing Umbra, wasn't expecting such a long fight with my battlemage/pallesque character. I just remember running low on everything after what felt like forever and running away from the dungeon with Umbra angry and chasing after me. Ran all the way to that old bridge by Pell's Gate and she knocked a helpful guard or two dead on the way. When I finally killed her with a lowb fire spell I couldn't believe it.

• 3 months later...

My longest fight ever was on that one Dark Brotherhood quest where you kill the guy in Gnoll mountain guarded by a dog

I had to climb up a steep hill

repeatedely shooting him with my (totally awesome) silver bow

Then I realized I cant kill him then ran away after killing his dog

I thought I finally lost him

I looked behind me, there he was about to kill me

after poking him with my dagger Sufferthorn

I cheated

xD