I need Management Conflict Style of Mod Organizer

Ebonytata
Go to solution Solved by Zanderat,

I just show new conflict management system, but I am wondering what users would think of the introduction of a MO style conflict management (moving the files up and down in a list.) Or is this one of the planned features to come with file specific conflict management?

• 8 months later...

Question for Zanderat or Picky, or Tannin,

I too use the file overrides that you screen grabbed. How often or how many instances in a load order do you utilize this feature? I ask because there's a note within Vortex to limit how often you use it which I do but I guess my question is to what extent, or is there a guideline for this? I also get this question from users so a better answer would be appreciated. Thanks

You'd have to use it as many times as needed to get the result you want.

What's the "note within Vortex" actually say? I could possibly see too many rules causing slowdowns in deployment, but I don't see how else you could have a problem.

It's probably best to try and use entire mod overrides where possible and use file-specific overrides only as needed.

You'd have to use it as many times as needed to get the result you want.

What's the "note within Vortex" actually say? I could possibly see too many rules causing slowdowns in deployment, but I don't see how else you could have a problem.

It's probably best to try and use entire mod overrides where possible and use file-specific overrides only as needed.

Which is exactly what I do. My question is if there's an actual number or a formula based on size of load order. I write many modding guides and if there's an answer other than "try to limit the number of times you use it" I'd like to be able to provide that answer to users. Probably a question best answered by one of the developers or maybe someone who has used this feature extensively, or is familar with it. I do appreciate the response.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't answer either. I have used it a handful of times, usually when I want specific file(s) but not the whole mod to override other specific file(s). I think it is a very handy feature.