I have a bone to pick with a lot of fallout 4 pc mod authors.

xXAlScarfaceCaponeXx

Sorry, I didn't see your post.

No worries. :smile:

But it seems to me that the amount of customization required to turn UE into a replacement for for the Creation Engine just wouldn't be worth it.

It's not that customization is required, it's whether someone has already created something that provides functionality more-or-less equivalent and uploaded it to the UE marketplace. If so, lots of functionality can just be 'bolted on' to the core UE engine and often at a lower cost than creating it from scratch.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll freely admit I don't have the expertise to know for sure, but...

If what you say is true, wouldn't Bethesda/Microsoft have to be completely insane not to do it?

Seems like there has to be elements involved that aren't being discussed here.

It's probably a number of factors but the most likely will be:

1. Not wanting to give Epic 5% of gross revenues for any game made using UE

2. Risk avoidance - not wanting to rely on a 3rd party to provide the most important resource for creating games - the engine.

Edited by gnarly1

Outer Worlds also had very limited "open world" and was nearly as bug-ridden as a Bethesda game (though, mostly in terms of quests and weird game mechanics). I also don't recall Outer Worlds having anything similar to the Radiant AI system.

It wasn't bug ridden at all, that's about the only thing it did have in it's favour. Unreal can do open worlds and implementing radiant quests wouldn't be too difficult, I'm not sure what you've got against it, no one is suggesting they start over but rather they use something else for their next game.

Outer Worlds also had very limited "open world" and was nearly as bug-ridden as a Bethesda game (though, mostly in terms of quests and weird game mechanics). I also don't recall Outer Worlds having anything similar to the Radiant AI system.

It wasn't bug ridden at all, that's about the only thing it did have in it's favour. Unreal can do open worlds and implementing radiant quests wouldn't be too difficult, I'm not sure what you've got against it, no one is suggesting they start over but rather they use something else for their next game.

I loved FNV so much I figured Outer Worlds would be right up my alley. Then I watched this critique by NeverKnowsBest and decided to give it a wide berth.

I have a bone to pick with someone that has been a member for almost 2 years, makes the same post more than once, whose total contribution to the mods is endorsing 2 over a year ago. No files uploaded, no images uploaded, no videos and no friends. All this with a total of three items in the comments section with the same title.

So, OP, what have you contributed to the site in the past two years? Nothing and yet you have the nerve to post criticism towards mod authors that are responsible for keeping this site up and running.

Normally, I'd agree with you 100% on this. Absolutely.

But.

They are by their own admission a console gamer. And we "don't cater to consoles here on Nexus".

So they're most likely a Bethesda.net gamer.

We must UNbrainwash them!!

I loved FNV so much I figured Outer Worlds would be right up my alley. Then I watched this critique by NeverKnowsBest and decided to give it a wide berth.

Yeah I've seen that video, I think the game could best be described as painfully average, it's certainly nowhere near the quality of New Vegas and I don't think I'm alone in thinking that, interest in the game died off pretty quickly and with good reason. It's worth picking up in a sale but it's kind of forgettable and has little replay value.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Breaking news from M$ !

Microsoft reveals new tidbits of Fallout 5 from Bethesda. All consoles in the new game will features a Windows logo sticker, and have a nag screen to update to the latest Security Patch!

But of course, updates will be broken. :)

Oh! Oh! Oh! Breaking news from M$ !

Microsoft reveals new tidbits of Fallout 5 from Bethesda. All consoles in the new game will features a Windows logo sticker, and have a nag screen to update to the latest Security Patch!

What? No blue screens of death? :ermm:

Not very realistic.