Is Bethesda Trying to Kill Modding Community?

reskyrim95

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

so my conclusion:

if this stupid debate represents modding community i'm pretty sure nobody can help this kind of lost community and it seems the question behind the topic question is already answered. thank you for showing me the true core of a mod and extender friendly community.

sincerly, your since years ignored tiny minority, not interested in your basic facts but in optional (instead of forced) - not always game braking - solutions :wink:

a debate becomes stupid when people involved in that debate post stupid comments, such as comparing software updates to putin. so go back, look at your contributions to making the debate stupid and do better.

Because EVERY DECISION BETHESDA MAKES HAS TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT WHAT IS BEST FOR THEIR CONSOLE PLAYERS, WHO ACTUALLY MAKE UP THE MAJORITY OF THEIR CUSTOMERS.

If you discuss this without thinking about the consoles, then you are not actually discussing reality.

If all you want to do is complain about the poor PC players being hard done by Bethesda without actually thinking about the reality of operating a business then you are free to do so. But despite the memes, you can't actually "reject their reality and substitute your own".

and explicitly for you: i do not care for bethesda and i do not care for console players, they can care for their problems and i care for pc related problems because i'm a pc gamer in a pc mod forum which obviously and strangely defends console positions and bethesda policy. who cares for that ? i do not and it is stupid to do so in a pc mod forum and to ignore pc gamers and their well known problems. maybe it is time and someone tells me this is not a pc mod forum anymore but a console or bethesda or steam forum. what i read here is toxic and not what i expected in this pc modding friendly community.

i better leave this debate at this point. if the members of a mod community only care for what bethesda cares the mod community is definitely dead. thanks for making this crystal clear. i just wasn't aware of it until today.

and explicitly for you: i do not care for bethesda and i do not care for console players, they can care for their problems and i care for pc related problems because i'm a pc gamer in a pc mod forum which obviously and strangely defends console positions and bethesda policy. who cares for that ? i do not.

In that case the most you will ever be doing is shouting into the wind, because Bethesda is the only source of solutions to your complaints and they do care about console players.

297.png

Guest deleted34304850

Because EVERY DECISION BETHESDA MAKES HAS TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT WHAT IS BEST FOR THEIR CONSOLE PLAYERS, WHO ACTUALLY MAKE UP THE MAJORITY OF THEIR CUSTOMERS.

If you discuss this without thinking about the consoles, then you are not actually discussing reality.

If all you want to do is complain about the poor PC players being hard done by Bethesda without actually thinking about the reality of operating a business then you are free to do so. But despite the memes, you can't actually "reject their reality and substitute your own".

and explicitly for you: i do not care for bethesda and i do not care for console players, they can care for their problems and i care for pc related problems because i'm a pc gamer in a pc mod forum which obviously and strangely defends console positions and bethesda policy. who cares for that ? i do not and it is stupid to do so in a pc mod forum and to ignore pc gamers and their well known problems. maybe it is time and someone tells me this is not a pc mod forum anymore but a console or bethesda or steam forum. what i read here is toxic and not what i expected in this pc modding friendly community.

i better leave this debate at this point.

software doesn't know what a pc or a console is - it is, after all, software.

i do struggle to comprehend why you try to fence off "this is a pc forum we can only talk about pc's" when the debate isn't about pc's at all, but about software update deployments which are device agnostic.

i think the last sentence in the quote above is your best contribution to the entire thread, so at least you went out on a positive. well done.

someone tells me this is not a pc mod forum anymore but a console or bethesda or steam forum.

This is actually the "debate" forum and the OP started a debate about whether Bethesda is actively working against the modding community.

How you imagine this discussion has veered from that topic is mind boggling.

i better leave this debate at this point.

software doesn't know what a pc or a console is - it is, after all, software.

i do struggle to comprehend why you try to fence off "this is a pc forum we can only talk about pc's" when the debate isn't about pc's at all, but about software update deployments which are device agnostic.

i think the last sentence in the quote above is your best contribution to the entire thread, so at least you went out on a positive. well done.

great and i am fanboy agnostic, so everything fits in the end in this debate ;)

someone tells me this is not a pc mod forum anymore but a console or bethesda or steam forum.

This is actually the "debate" forum and the OP started a debate about whether Bethesda is actively working against the modding community.

How you imagine this discussion has veered from that topic is mind boggling.

true, a sad debate about bethesda and their role in killing the community. since today i was not aware betheda does not need to kill the community. they have their fanboys doing that job for them. and i'm sure - bethesda is community agnostic but not money agnostic.

I'm still stuck on the question of why more PC players don't keep backups of their files.

For console players, yeah. I can see that's not an option.

As for the forced backups (OMG! OCD Much???) updates from Steam.

And I dunno if they still do anymore or not, but Steam at least... USED to have a backup revert option for the .exe files. Granted, I know when Fallout4 last kicked our nuts, it was more than just the .exe that got modified.

Well.

There's options around that. Such as the script extender, or your mod manager.

Use them. And... backups.