Is Bethesda Trying to Kill Modding Community?

reskyrim95

Useless updates are getting released one after another for Skyrim. Not only to break the game but also its modding community. And they are releasing multiple mini patches so modders and users can't catch up with them. We need solution. Modding is becoming a headache for users and mod creators.

Edited by reskyrim95

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya reskyrim.

I don't, and haven't ever played skyrim, so I am afraid that I dunno what's going on with the game currently.

I DO however, feel your pain and aggrivation! Rockstar Games did the exact same to those of us who play/played Grand Theft Auto V.

Now, granted, in their defense, it was supposedly an effort to keep the mods from affecting the online client, and allowing players to cheat.

But yeah. They'd eff things up so much, so often, that a lot of the modders stopped trying to keep up, and just went on to greener pastures.

Now, however.

If Bethesda, or their new owners, Microsoft... think that this will be ok in Skyrim, they are sorely mistaken. Playing mods with their games is the only thing that keeps people PLAYING their games. The graphics are lackluster, so modders improve them. Some of the game mechanics are rediculous, so modders improve them. Modders add a tremendous amount of playability and customability to Beths games.

Modders also FIX the bugs (And there are usually TONS of them!) that Beth either can't fix, or refuse to put effort into fixing.

If they're gonna play that game, of trying to keep ahead of the modding community, they are cutting themselves off at the knees.

[Edit] Like I said, I dunno if Skyrim is like Fallout 4. But with Fallout 4, we can disconnect from the steam client by launching the game thru a 3rd party. Such as Vortex, or F4Se.

I would think that Skyrim can also do that thru vortex, and I BELIEVE there's a skyrim version of F4Se (tho I dunno what it's called).

So screw um, they can't update your game if you bypass the launcher that tries to force it.

That, and learn to do what us GTAV players had to learn, real fast. Keep backup copies of all required files in ur game folders, My Documents Folders, and appdata folders. [/edit]

The thing is there is no consensus among community about which version we should settle on. For example some mode creators don't want to support SE version and decide to go with the latest AE edition. Thus users can't get the latest features of those mods because they decided to settle on SE

Edited by reskyrim95

For the love of God, Bethesda just released Skyrim on GOG.com with NO DRM, NO CREATION CLUB, and THE ABILITY TO FREEZE OR ROLL BACK UPDATES. They even gave Nexus and the SKSE team early access so that Vortex and SKSE would be ready to go day one. How can anyone accuse them of trying to kill the modding community when they go massively out of their way to support it on a regular basis.

I think the best way to support this game is to stop giving support.

What does this even mean? That Bethesda should stop support? Just tell the people who need that support to take a flying leap?

1- What i meant is clear as daylight.

2- Their ''support'' destroys the modding phase while fixes a little. Recent fixes could have been found by modders without changing the game version or Bethesda could have released one big update after thorough game testing.

Edited by reskyrim95

Useless updates are getting released one after another for Skyrim. Not only to break the game but also its modding community. And they are releasing multiple mini patches so modders and users can't catch up with them. We need solution. Modding is becoming a headache for users and mod creators.

As a mod creator, I gotta say that this is quite possibly the most ridiculous idea I have heard yet. Bethesda has stated loud, long and often that they fully support the modding community, and have given us the tools to do the work.

What is destroying the modding community is the petty, infantile, entitled players. You whine like little school girls and complain loudly about the broken game and all the bugs that got past the vendors QA process and break your game and ruin your immersion, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseam. Then, when the game maker fixes the bugs and causes disruption to the game and the mods, you whine and complain about the disruption to your precious game play, AGAIN. Well, what do you want? A broken game, or disruption when the vendor fixes the bugs. Pick one. You can't have both. And which ever you choose, please do us all a favor and sit down and knock off the incessant entitled whining.

What is destroying the modding community is the petty, infantile, entitled players. You whine like little school girls and complain loudly about the broken game and all the bugs that got past the vendors QA process and break your game and ruin your immersion, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseam.

You are type of person i usually don't talk with. But wth.. There is no ad nauseam but there is definetly ad hominem in your sentence. Their statement doesn't mean anything to me. Their actions coincide with their words. I am annoyed with these little patches and I think there are many people who think like me. Either way these are my thoughts and you should sit down, respect and take it like a man. #modcheck

Edited by reskyrim95