Is Bethesda Trying to Kill Modding Community?

reskyrim95

Literally the only legit complaint against Beth's mod support that I've ever heard is "the new content added by the CC means that patches have been released for a longer period of time than previous Beth games". If that constitutes "trying to kill the modding community" then modders should just give up now, because that's not going to change.

Every other argument seems to end up as "I'm on PC, I don't care about console players. I don't use CC content, I don't care about people who do."

Erm, I don't think that's quite right.... The frequency of patches due to CC content has INCREASED the patch frequency..... which tends to mess with any mods that us a script extender, which doesn't affect console users at all, as they can't use them. But then, of course, we also get the patches that change the way mods/load order/etc are implemented, and beth doesn't bother to document that anywhere, so EVERYONE (on pc....) mods simply stop working. I would ask you, what was the point of THAT???? It did not improve mod implementation, it was a change which the ONLY purpose seemed to be to mess with PC mod users.......

I know you are a beth fan boi, and so far as you are concerned, beth can do no wrong..... so, arguing with you is completely pointless....

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They remind me of politicians, say what you think they want to hear, then do whatever you want in spite of what you have said.

Soooooo... when was it that Todd Howard said that he's running for public office?

He's been practicing the heck out of his BS skills, in preparation for it.

Ok, so in all fairness... yeah. He's just a PR guy.

But still. He's full of drek.

If this is something that has just come up recently (Again, I don't play the game, so I don't track what's going on with it) then take something into consideration.

Microsoft just bought Bethesda recently (in the grand scheme of things).

Now, Bethesda has a very longstanding (decades worth) reputation of not producing fast, or producing quality. In the grand scheme of things, their latest release, Fallout 76, was a total train wreck. [Edit] At the time of release. And for multiple months afterwards. And, to make things worse, their website also went to performance drek, due to the hit. [/edit]

Now, take into account the reputation of Microsoft. Totally and completely driven by the bottom line. Keep that profit coming in, or we will gut you and sell off whatever is left over.

Beth is in quite a position. And not a good one.

So not only are they in a place where they have to prove to their new bosses that they are trying to turn their reputation around, but they also have to prove they can bring in profit, with very little in the way of marketable product.

This, I'm saying, cuz I'm trying to be fair.

But honestly, I know this kind of company. Worked for way too many of them.

They demand, demand, demand.

We work our tails off for them, and they still demand for production.

We get fed up with that, and straight up tell them. "Do you want the work done, or do you want the work done RIGHT?"

"You can do both!"

"Horse drek. You get one, or you get the other. You don't get both."

"Produce. Get it done. Fast."

"Then get me more staff!"

"That's not in the projections. We won't budget that."
"Then get the eff outta my face so I can go back to work!"

It is all about money. Sale the game again and again. Yes the desk guys at Bethesda are low quality second rate programmers. The thing that works is the mods. Allowing incompetent, sadistic and reverse racist programmers to coast on whatever their salary is. You just don't see floating crap and miss matched faces in other games. Animals darting under you feet. You are not pestered by old people and children or a certain race of people in any other game. The modding opens door that are unprotected against all sorts of people to put their ideals in as you can not complain because it is likely that the mods would just be ended. This may be the case anyway eventually.

Presently only the Anniversary Edition is still working for PC. I don't know for sure if even the mods at STEAM and the Creation club all still work.

While trying out several of the Mods in the Mods listings, I discovered, while surfing for mod fixes for some that presently the companies with consoles are the only version of Skyrim SE that is still getting focus for mods.

I remember when we could NOT mod Skyrim if we had an XBOX or Playstation. That was one reason that I decided to learn to mod for PC.

Thus; the theory is if you want to mod for Skyrim SE is is best that you have an unmodded version of Skyrim Special Edition. Picking from the mods at various mod websites is like an Online version of Fallout where you have to go and search the wasteland for good stuff. Look for the stuff like Pete from Goodsprings suggests in Fallout: New Vegas.

Happy scavenging!

For the love of God, Bethesda just released Skyrim on GOG.com with NO DRM, NO CREATION CLUB, and THE ABILITY TO FREEZE OR ROLL BACK UPDATES. They even gave Nexus and the SKSE team early access so that Vortex and SKSE would be ready to go day one. How can anyone accuse them of trying to kill the modding community when they go massively out of their way to support it on a regular basis.

I was just on Gog, and saw something that reminded me of your post.

They've got Morrowind GOTY edition for like just under 5 bucks. I had a huge nostalgia moment there for a second. Then my brain kicked back into normal mode, and the voice in the back of my head starting going "NO! No, no no! Don't DO it!!!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

For the love of God, Bethesda just released Skyrim on GOG.com with NO DRM, NO CREATION CLUB, and THE ABILITY TO FREEZE OR ROLL BACK UPDATES. They even gave Nexus and the SKSE team early access so that Vortex and SKSE would be ready to go day one. How can anyone accuse them of trying to kill the modding community when they go massively out of their way to support it on a regular basis.

I was just on Gog, and saw something that reminded me of your post.

They've got Morrowind GOTY edition for like just under 5 bucks. I had a huge nostalgia moment there for a second. Then my brain kicked back into normal mode, and the voice in the back of my head starting going "NO! No, no no! Don't DO it!!!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You know you want to....... :D