Modding in the Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update

Pickysaurus

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, nice, I'm sooo looking forward to next-gen! Currently the only mods I have installed is the Witcher Armor, Weapons, and Crossbow swaps, Roach Cosmetic Equipment, and the E3 Trailer Swords. HOPEFULLY these mods will still work. I mean, I'm not a modder by any means, buuut the Witcher Armor, Weapons, and Crossbow swaps only change the models with another in-game model, the Roach Cosmetic one only changes stats for Roach's gear, and the E3 Swords are just new models. I don't THINK those will be affected, but if they are then that's fine. I'll do a vanilla playthrough until those mods are fixed! 

Thanks for the heads-up!

I think it's brilliant CDPR is doing this, but I have a modded game in progress, so I just deselected auto-update ( gotta love GOG for that feature! ).

Also, the game has aged fantastically well… even without any mods/updates, it STILL looks very good!

Edited by Sonja

The only 2 things I can't live without are being able to toggle off the massive health bar portion of the UI even if I don't have full health in the top left, and I NEED frequent finishers (on all enemies, not just the last one) and dismemberment/decapitations from the start of the game. Vanilla never happened frequently enough.

This seems like one of the best remasters of all time, especially for it to be free. Really glad to see how much they involved the modding community and thought about how the changes would affect modding. Somehow it's rare for devs to realize the amazing positive impact modding has on their games. Very glad they compensated the modders. 

Edit: Just checked the mod compatibility list. No Ultra Gore Dismemberment or BLOOD. NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Edited by TheMercsAssassin

I love CDPR for being so transparent about this update and how involved they are with the modding community, but I will not be updating straight away. I have some ~230 mods installed, and a lot of them aren't going to work. The only thing I really care about with this update are the improved visuals (my PC doesn't even support RTX so not that bothered right now) and the new quest-line. I will wait for my mods to be updated and may take the time to see if I can update some myself if I need to, but my next playthrough will be pre-Next Gen.

In response to post #118725393.

TheMercsAssassin wrote: The only 2 things I can't live without are being able to toggle off the massive health bar portion of the UI even if I don't have full health in the top left, and I NEED frequent finishers (on all enemies, not just the last one) and dismemberment/decapitations from the start of the game. Vanilla never happened frequently enough.

This seems like one of the best remasters of all time, especially for it to be free. Really glad to see how much they involved the modding community and thought about how the changes would affect modding. Somehow it's rare for devs to realize the amazing positive impact modding has on their games. Very glad they compensated the modders. 

Edit: Just checked the mod compatibility list. No Ultra Gore Dismemberment or BLOOD. NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Actually next gen gore blood looks not bad at all.

promo gameplay video of next gen which posted today. https://twitter.com/i/status/1600445149867229186?