What happened to the sticky with the changelog?

showler

Tannin moved on to a new company at the start of June. I was planning to do a post about it in the site news but I haven't got around to it yet.

Insominous has taken over Vortex work while Halgari's team work on the new mod manager.

"New mod manager"? Mike, don't leave us hanging.

Tannin moved on to a new company at the start of June. I was planning to do a post about it in the site news but I haven't got around to it yet.

Insominous has taken over Vortex work while Halgari's team work on the new mod manager.

Indeed... "New" mod manager? Is Vortex going to get replaced?

More info will be available soon. I'll try and get my site news post finished, I'm just not super convinced on how much detail we should provide at this point because it is a long way off yet.

Vortex isn't going anywhere, so don't worry about that. We will keep supporting it for a long time yet.

Guest deleted34304850

Well, that's sad news. I always thought Tannin's community engagement was superb, especially given the ludicrous hostiility he faced when Vortex was announced.

Guest deleted34304850

More info will be available soon. I'll try and get my site news post finished, I'm just not super convinced on how much detail we should provide at this point because it is a long way off yet.

Vortex isn't going anywhere, so don't worry about that. We will keep supporting it for a long time yet.

I know this has gone way off base right now, but here's a thought - if people are interested in even the most vague 5000ft view of the idea, could you allow them to subscribe to a newsletter or website - or something? that way you aren't obligated to keep people informed if they can read it for themselves?

Guest deleted34304850

i sent him a thank you message via the forum. i don't expect him to reply but i just thought i'd send him best wishes wherever he goes next.

Guest deleted34304850

If you're interested you can already follow the repo on GitHub, but it's all source code and concept designs at the moment.

you never let anyone down. thank you very much. i'll tag along on that page. appreciate all you do Picky. take care.